1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you guys think the Starbound Community's reaction will be?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by TheGamer100, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Dbr0wn

Dbr0wn Space Spelunker

Except we the consumer aren't here to provide them creative soul food

It's the responsibility of an employer in a business to meet the needs of his/her employees regarding self actualization.

We pay them for X, We get X.

We don't owe them anything more.

Serenity likes this.
  2. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

It's a two way street they only owe us beta access and a copy on full release.

Dbr0wn and Starbug like this.
  3. Starbug

Starbug Guest

Would he give the artists pat on the back for the middle ground of more frequent stable updates? Owing isn't really a good way of putting it. When credit is valid, they'll have earned it. Right now there is more work needing done. Steam is what the topic about. Can we agree that the reaction will be mostly similar? That's how I see it.

Serenity likes this.
  4. I don't know why this thread is so heated (the reports!)

But c'mon guys -- stay on topic and there should be absolutely no reason I have to close a thread that seems to be getting out of hand. :up:

Discohydra likes this.
  5. Starbug

Starbug Guest

But.. [with trembling lip].. you ARE "The One Who Locks"

:kitten2::kitten2::kitten2:

:party:

6. TheGamer100

TheGamer100 Void-Bound Voyager

I feel like people would say that because, imo the large update is a bit more of a revamp and includes many things that should have been in the game ever since it released. I do admit that "Thanks for giving me what I paid for" is a bit rude and unappreciative.

7. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Uh, the game hasn't been 'released' yet technically, it's still in alpha beta.

Serenity likes this.
  8. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

Their will always be better and worse. So it's all relative. For instance minecraft still pretty barren.

9. TheGamer100

TheGamer100 Void-Bound Voyager

I still feel Starbound was not in a good state when it was pushed to EAcc (or at least a worst state than most EAcc games I have seen).

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  10. Tomato Master

Tomato Master Noob Simulator 2014

I imagine seeing this everywhere on the forums.
    image.jpg

Jack_Kéther likes this.
  11. Discohydra

Discohydra Phantasmal Quasar

You nearly made me restart steam and validate Starbound's stable branch. You're toying with me! Kidding. I did seriously check, though.

12. ravenscroftranch

ravenscroftranch Industrial Terraformer

@linkthegamer... as a steam user i will say this much trolls are less prevelent as they were ....

but you will always have your (censoring self from useing user names) >trollman9000< (well sorta) and other trolls includeing fans and critics.. and yes you can call them trolls because they are.....

main thing i have seen is more logic less raging.. as the mods try to encourage productive discussions instead of mindless missinformation...

i will be happy to see the progress in the stable build ....

some things are still going to be a sour note for the community due to the breakdown between both steam and the playstarbound communities..

but as others have stated we are both part of the same games community ...

and yes you will still have those trolls saying its a scam f cf f sb f everyone and f you if you dont agree aswell as those trolls saying sb is perfect so f you if you dont agree thats called any community....

but all in all i believe we will see dramaticly diffrent reactions on the whole then we have in the past... calmer...
    more of a "happy field of bunnies" then a raging mosh pitt at a pantera concert....

(first time posting on playstarbound forums)

Starbug likes this.
  13. Jack_Kéther

Jack_Kéther Scruffy Nerf-Herder

still in beta but 100% playable
    i'm a steam user too (unfortunately i hate steam... but independent game ...must support them and it's the easiest way i saw) when u protect a game you're a fanboy, when u critic then you're a troll/rage, most of them didn't know this forum, unless the next update come out, the war will continue to steam
    promise i will post it when the update come out :)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  14. ravenscroftranch

ravenscroftranch Industrial Terraformer

@Jack_Kéther i used to be a fanboy of starbound still am in a way i like the game and want it to succeed i critique it i critique the pr aswell dosent mean i ahte them or rage ...
    it just means im reasonable ..
    the big diffrence is people like troll900 refering to trolls aposed to critique who scream andshout abotu "its a scam they ran with the money" um no they are offering info about whats going on that shows they dident do a cash grab scam therefore its a obvious troll... and then you have the opposite end of the scale the fanboy trolls.. not saying ALL fanboys are trolls that refers to a type of post made to cause others to rage and flame "flame baiting" ...
    as for supporting indies i am a diehard early access supporter even with failing projects ...
    i hold hope for all who i support do i get excited? not so much i used to be but the state of things are that excitement fails when theres only a promise of that gift your expecting and ever recieveing it starts to fade to the probaility of no your not...

the trolls are the ones who ruin any community if let go too long.. i saw that in steam when they were let go.. thats why i like the starbound cms decision to put in a couple mods wich i admire finn very much even though some think he gets too heavy handed .. hes a mod not everyones buddy...
    but anyways i digress...
    with the current state of the community if it sustains by the time the update comes the majority will be likely to not be that excited.. as it fades over time ...
    thats the issue with EA most who bought the game dont know what it is to be a tester like some of us...

so early access is held in a higher expectation then closed beta with no public testing going on...
    partly because we bought the testing privlages and expect to be testing something other then what we had on release (and less in some cases) ..
    i need to stop or i will be put on probation for going off topic :rofl:
    it all goes hand in hand because its not a cut and dry situation..
    anyways ...
    i will add this though i like playign games vanilla but i found that the top ten mods are extremely fun and its content that the devs have had in the works in one form or another so with that in mind it will be awesome once we get the update if all the cool stuff is added ... adds a little more excitement for whats to come.. :)

15. Tweakz

Tweakz Void-Bound Voyager

actually that would be the most accurate way http://steamcommunity.com/app/211820/reviews/?p=1&browsefilter=trendmonth

16. Starbug

Starbug Guest

I don't know why you are posting that link, when I have already described that upvotes and downvotes are shaping the "trend".

Most recent reviews are virgin, devoid of upvotes or downvotes. A stream of actual reviews, without any manipulation of fans or detractors.

The "raw" reviews if you will. Most recent is more representative / accurate that the link you post.

17. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

[​IMG]

"still pretty barren"

Pingeh and Jack_Kéther like this.
  18. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

ikr? look at all those dead bushes

Akado, Serenity and Litagano Motscoud like this.
  19. Tweakz

Tweakz Void-Bound Voyager

Its simple why. You need to take a avarge amount of vote in specific amount of time to get a average impression of a product. Otherwise the outcome is not correct. Also the amount of gametime people invested to get that vote in shape i quite a difference.

20. Starbug

Starbug Guest

Votes mean nothing in this context. You want to know the real reviews? You filter it by most recent. Anything else is shaped by either upvote or downvote brigades. It's a fact on steam. I have reviewed every game I own, and every negative review I wrote has a number of upvotes, while the positive reviews have more downvotes than upvotes.

Checking the stream of recent reviews gives you a far more accurate, unadulterated picture of the game you are interested in.

In saying that, perhaps I just don't write good enough reviews ;)