1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated (Outdated/Un-related)Tiered Matter Manipulators V. Enraged Koala 1.3.0

Manipulate your matter! 26 + new matter manipulators.

1. dafman4

dafman4 Phantasmal Quasar

dafman4 submitted a new mod:

Special Matter Manipulator - Super matter manipulator(s) More coming!

Read more about this mod...

2. dafman4

3. BRAWW

BRAWW Vice-President of the Red Gang

Moved it to In-Game items.

4. dafman4

Thanks! : love your moderator status BTW

5. LyleMcAwesome

LyleMcAwesome Void-Bound Voyager

How do I upgrade it from the "Special Matter Manipulator"??? And wasn't it supposed to mine at 5x5?

6. dafman4

The update brought in new matter manipulators. they all have different stats and mining speeds, currently the tier 10 special matter manipulator has a 5x5 area and mines EXTREMELY fast. the copper one has a 2x2 and mines faster than the base one, as you upgrade by unlocking the different tiers they get better, faster with the same area, or slightly slower with a bigger area. i will post this info on the mod page.

Sorry for the lost info,
    Dafman4

7. dafman4

dafman4 updated Tiered Matter Manipulators with a new update entry:

Fix/ Mass content update!!

Read the rest of this update entry...

8. DaveDnasty

DaveDnasty Orbital Explorer

Should toss a sonic screwdriver in there for lulz.

But, I love this idea. Why are there so many manipulators though? Is each one specific to some material or is it just for aesthetics/speed/efficiency?

9. Steveenn

Steveenn Void-Bound Voyager

Where exactly do i craft them, the only one I can make is the Special...

10. dafman4

There are so many manipulators because of a secret i won't share on the mod page, gotta have some secrets right? I will say that i made so many because it gives you some choice in what your manipulators are like. 26 are the total amounts + one secret one ;P but technically speaking there are 3 new types, in
    eleven tiers
    not including the normal ones that you haven't upgraded, so to say, (the Special [Metal] Matter Manipulator).

Thanks for letting me know i don't have this info on the page, and you can make it on the anvil. You might have to remake the star map upgrades if you are already tier 10. If you have any other troubles, let me know and sorry for the inconvenience.

BTW the different types start appearing at tier 3, but you need the previous tier for the upgrade. So more unlock as you unlock the star map parts/upgrades!

11. dafman4

12. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

All right, give us some risky stuff:

1) Hi-Powered MaMa (Matter Manipulator) : Sure, it destroys instantly, in exchange of reach and radius
    2) Wide-Radius MaMa : Digging power sacrificed for expanded radius

(just give us a handful of irregulars)

13. dafman4

At tier 3 you start seeing things like that. i might need to make the physical changes, but the idea is there. Thanks though, if you could make it and test those for me that's be great, im kinda tired from coding the past like five days, but i can test later.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  14. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

Bug Fixes (I'll just describe them, and attach a zip with fixes):
    - Renamed all Manipulators from Special... to Matter Manipulator I, II, ... X
    - fixed Tier4 blueprint (from level 31 to tier4 - there's no level31)
    - fixed Tier5-9 recipes (Ferozium, Violium etc have uppercase frist letter)
    - fixed player config (tier 4 again and all the "items" renamed to "item"

Or just do file compare and you'll see. I renamed them for myself, because they're much easier to spot when crafting.

Thanks for great mod though :)

Attached Files:

15. dafman4

Thanks for looking at those, but i think with newest update i might have fixed that. I do like that you looked through and spent time trying to fix the mod man. Once again i think i already fixed these issues, but thanks for finding these. if you find anything else, or have some ideas let me know bro! I'll check again though to make sure!
    Edit: Also the tier 4 is level 31 in the recipes folder, its weird, but it is.

Your friendly modder,
    dafman4

16. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

Level31 makes my client crash, when I do the upgrades (maybe put a note, that ppl need upgrades again, if they're already higher tier). That's why I edited the files. In my assests, there is no level31, its only tier4, then level32.

I've tested this patched filewith tons of other mods (running around of 50 atm), including being able to craft all of them from 1 to 10. Also maybe think about adding a regular beamaxe to for printing, so you can actually have even a lower tiered beamaxe if you prefer - right now, once you're at higher tier, there's no way to go back.

Well its just a suggestion and I did not mean to intrude on your mod creation :( Hope it works for everyone just as good as it does for me. Thanks again

17. dafman4

teihoo in the assets folder for me it's level31, so assets/recipes/level31, that's what i have, for player.config it's tier 4. is it tier 4 for your recipes folder. If it is i might try asking some other people about it. And no i like that you tried to help me, but the mod that you were editing is out of date, i added in 16 new manipulators and an old manipulator recipe, and changed the names of all of them, so try checking out the updated mod and your ideas might be there. Once again thanks though for trying to help. if it would have been like 2 days earlier, would've been a big help!
    Edit: i also think that i do have that in mod info, now it is ;P

18. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

OK my bad, there's a folder yes, but not "level31" in player.config, where you're merging:
    My player.config does not have level31:

"tier4" : [
    { "item" : "bonusarmorhead" },
    { "item" : "bonusarmorchest" },
    { "item" : "bonusarmorpants" },
    { "item" : "durasteelbar" },
    { "item" : "tier4chair" },
    { "item" : "tier4door" },
    { "item" : "tier4light" },
    { "item" : "tier4bed" },
    { "item" : "techupgrade32" },
    { "item" : "capturepod" },
    { "item" : "capturestation" },
    { "item" : "copperdrill" },
    { "item" : "silverdrill" },
    { "item" : "golddrill" },
    { "item" : "platinumdrill" },
    { "item" : "diamonddrill" },
    { "item" : "grapplinghook" },
    { "item" : "peanutbutter" },
    { "item" : "skyrailplatform" },
    { "item" : "skyrailTech-chip" }
    ],
    "level32" : [

19. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

Anyway, try with your current mod and do Durasteel upgrade - that made my client crash. I play on server all the time, but the server has the mod also. Im not 100% sure, but i think i tried in single player also. And matter manipulators from 5 to 9 cannot be crafted, as they require perfectly generic items (those violiumbars and the rest).

I did not mention why I changed names to remove Special and add tier - it's because when I was crafting them, the original name is too long, and they all have same short name - which makes it kinda confusing for me. With name change, I can see them all listed with proper tiers. So this is also a suggestion from me for future upgrades.

20. dafman4

I updated the mod yesterday fixing all this stuff, adding stuff, and making the mod better. Try re-downloading the mod. It'll be different, fixed. K?
    Edit: The next quick update will make the names shorter.