1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Important BETA RELEASE DISCUSSION - DECEMBER 4TH (*ALL* beta discussion goes here. Other threads deleted)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

No argument intended. Just a simple fact I was explaining to someone who wasn't informed.

LeifGram, Miss Andry and Pingeh like this.
  2. SolidSnake

SolidSnake Existential Complex

Just to make sure, how for sure for sure is it that were going to get beta before 2014
    like, is it a promise, or could i sue if they dont hold their end of the deal

hah just joking
    or am i :mad:

3. Shilalydawg

Shilalydawg Phantasmal Quasar

It's pretty solidly decided, especially since they've finished most of the tier 1 and 2 mechanics of the game. They just want it to be mostly polished before they release it, even to beta.

Miss Andry likes this.
  4. Miss Andry

Miss Andry Cosmic Narwhal

I hope so for everyone's sake

Supafly likes this.
  5. Pingeh

Pingeh Pangalactic Porcupine

Well so they say. But considering bartwe apparently said no beta in October, that leaves just two months and they still can't guess or estimate a range for release other than the ever cryptic "2013". 96ish days left in the year as well and we are seemingly no closer to a date. I don't really have hope anymore.

6. Skarn

Skarn Existential Complex

I seem to remember one of them basically saying "we just have to decide which month it's going to be out in this year", which leaves November and December. At any rate, every statement given is still confident that it's going to be out this year, so I see no reason to doubt, especially considering the progress being made.

7. Calris

Calris Existential Complex

The "no matter what" being a crucial part of the information you were imparting, of course. :rolleyes:

Can we lay off what the devs did or didn't promise regarding release? As I said, they've admitted their error and apologised, and rubbing their noses in it isn't benefiting anyone. All it's leading to is disharmony on the forum.

8. Miss Andry

You can't just sweep it under the rug and pretend it didn't happen though

if someone wants to mention it, just let them mention it. He obviously didn't bring it up to start a flame war

Pingeh likes this.
  9. Calris

Putting it behind us is not the same as pretending it never happened.

We know what happened, and we've got the scars to prove it. Once again, the devs have admitted error and apologised. Is that not enough for you to leave it alone? If not, why not?
    And yet, here we are arguing about it again. Posting the way he did is exactly how all of the previous flamewars started, regardless whether the person posting intended that effect or not.

10. Attack_Fish

Attack_Fish Phantasmal Quasar

Once Starbound is released you'll forget how you felt and it will seem like you've had Starbound all your life :geek:

11. Miss Andry

you're the one arguing about it

I'm just here telling you to ease up on people and so was Xander.

12. ZangooseSlash

ZangooseSlash Black Hole Surfer

It's a bit harsh imo to give people a point for posting a beta thread

Pingeh and Stylµs like this.
  13. Calris

It takes at least two people to argue. My response to Xander was a perfectly reasonable appeal, and Xander could have chosen to take the advice aboard without responding. You could have as well, for that matter. Or do you believe that there is something unreasonable in what I was asking?
    No, you were here defending him by saying that he didn't mean to use the provocative language he did. Again, whether meant or not, the language was provocative, similar language has started the flamefests we've witnessed recently, and I again ask that people refrain from posting such. It's not a difficult request, nor is it unreasonable, and I don't see why we are arguing about it.

14. Landlaw

Landlaw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Whats is this? beta not this year?

15. Sousuke Kuroda

Sousuke Kuroda Spaceman Spiff

You must be new to the internet, hell, new to these forums. Otherwise you'd have noticed that flamefests start off regardless of the language used. Also I cannot believe you are calling this provocative:

THAT is provocative? Seriously? You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means. He pointed out a fact, the FAQ initially said that the full release was coming in 2013 'no matter what'. This is not a choice of words by Xander, THAT IS WHAT WAS WRITTEN ON THE FAQ. So if you really have a problem with that language, as you indicate here:

Then take it up with the devs. This language isn't provocative in the slightest and you need to check yourself.

Plooters, Xander, noclafyrG and 4 others like this.
  16. TuefelHundenIV

TuefelHundenIV Cosmic Narwhal

Landlaw: That is the time stamp for the day the information was changed.

17. Calris

Can some mod or admin please clarify the OP, so we can avoid these questions?

Beta is still on for this year. Release is no longer definitely this year (likely not) so the 'release 2013' was struck out, with the date next to it being the date that the edit was made.
    Great, so we should just let them rage rather than attempting to nip them in the bud? These forums can be a lot more pleasant (I have been part of such forums) if people only make an effort, combined with suitable moderation. That does not, by the way, mean that negative discussion is restricted on those forums, merely that polite behaviour is strictly enforced. It can happen! Believe!

Newsflash: The FAQ has been rewritten. That info has been removed. The devs have admitted their error, and apologised.

There is history behind all of this that makes it reasonable to assume that the remark was a snide swipe at the devs, and therefore it was provocative. I do not want to go into details, because we will again have a shitfight on our hands if I do.

18. Sousuke Kuroda

So f%&*!ing what? That doesn't change that Xander answered the question and used the developers wording. It is not provocative unless you MAKE it provocative as YOU did and hence became a part of the "flamefest" problem.

No actually it isn't reasonable to assume it was a snide swipe at the developers, its reasonable to recognize it for what it was. A quote ffs. You made an issue out of a non-issue and you wont even admit it when confronted with it. Hell, Xander even said this:

Clearly showing he did not mean it in a snide way. So why can't you show him the same forgiveness you show the developers with your consistent "Oh they said that in the PAST! They CHANGED it now! They recognized their error and apologised!"

Seriously its ridiculous, I don't think anyone found that provocative except for you, judging how you were the ONLY ONE to pick up on it. Seriously, YOU were the only person to quote that and make an issue out of it, ironically enough.

noclafyrG, Miss Andry and Pingeh like this.
  19. Affero

Affero Contributor

Do you have anything to back that up? Because I have never heard or seen anyone say that :p

Settle down and drop it :)

Serenity likes this.
  20. Sousuke Kuroda

If he doesn't come back trying to justify his accusations again then sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.