OOC Stranded

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Draken09, Jan 19, 2014.

1. guguy123

guguy123 Pangalactic Porcupine

Im not saying my RPing is top notch. What i pointed out is not a good trait in anyway. Basically i was saying i come up with my best backstories, personalities, etc. that are most realistic and humanlike (human refering in general to people with strengths and weaknesses. Gah, its hard to explain things in a universe with aliens)
    Also i should point out i made heavy changes to the personality of my character. If you are considering me you may want to go and check it out. :D

2. guguy123

Also, and i apologize for the double post, i want to know, do you guys (the GMs) plan to mostly rail-road plot this RP or... Im not very familiar with types of RPs as i never GM but i would like to know if you plan to guide us through the plot you guys created (which is not bad! lots of people like it, and i do too!) or allow us to break free of what you created (keep in mind this means coming up with more plot on the spot). I know this is me being picky and nosy but i would like to know! (this post is WAY lengthier than i meant it to be 0-0)

3. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

• Name: Crazyon
    • Species: Human Mutant (Sharp teeth, Night vision which is sensitive to bright light, Durability)
    • Crew Position: Medical Scientist
    • Personality: Crazyon is an odd type of fellow, He loves experimenting, whether those who partake are willing or not. He does love small animals, oddly enough, and tries not to harm them. He can act oblivious at times, but usually acts friendly towards those that he knows. To others, he will likely stalk silently and approach at a convenient time, other than that, he would simply observe them for some time.
    • Starting Gear (Subject to Approval, 1 weapon and 1 position-related item, see example CS): A syringe with a unique matter converter installed, it can convert a large amount of organic matter into it's base chemicals, which can be altered within the syringe by pressing various buttons. An organic helmet which is always on Crazyons head, it protects him from bright light, and works as a rebreather, too. It is very damage resistant. (It looks like this.)
      [​IMG]

• Appearance (Image from Starbound Character Generator Please): (Not from generator, but it's pixel...)
    • Crazyon1.png Imagine the coat to be brown or black, and a rebreather mask similar to this (Also refer to my avatar)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  4. guguy123

You still havent provided a picture for the apearance of your character! You probably should if you still plan to apply for the RP, Im not GM or anything but i think you may have forgotten to do it!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  5. Torang12

Torang12 Phantasmal Quasar

I am not speaking on behalf of both Draken and Exodus right now, just myself. I hope we are able to "rail-road" the plot at the beginning, but hopefully as the RP progresses, we will be able to continue without having to make sure the members follow a specific path. People may split up based on relationships they have with other characters, and as the plot thickens, some people may realize they'd rather be alone. We are making a lot of plot right now, so our job will be much simpler later in case people would like to do their own thing.

6. guguy123

Thanks for the quick reply, rail road plots are usually more complex, so i dont mind.
    Then again im assuming im even accepted here :rofl:. Also did you see the changes i made to my CS? Its on a different page so you may have missed it. Im not gonna lie, i'm trying to get in, ive never been in a RP set in the Starbound universe, so im kinda excited for little reason.

7. Draken09

Draken09 Black Hole Surfer

I would just like to say that this corresponds to my intentions as well.

Let me start here: please keep your species limited to one of the following. Avian, Hylotl, Floran, Human, Apex, Glitch, or Novakid. "Mutants" on the level which they must be referred to such have had their genetics altered enough for me to consider them a different species.

Torang12 likes this.
  8. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

Ah, my bad, then.
    If I were to remove the Mutant part, would it seem more reasonable?
    The only reason I decided upon adding him as a mutant was to see how it would fit.
    I can alter it easily.
    Though, would there be any possibility of having alterations or implants such as false eyes and such?

9. Draken09

It depends on whether or not it provides extra advantages. If so, it would likely contribute to your item total.

10. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

Well, if thats the case, how does this sound?

Name: Crazyon
    • Species: Human
    • Crew Position: Shady Scientist
    • Personality: Crazyon is an odd type of fellow, He loves experimenting, whether those who partake are willing or not. He does love small animals, oddly enough, and tries not to harm them. He can act oblivious at times, but usually acts friendly towards those that he knows. To others, he will likely stalk silently and approach at a convenient time, other than that, he would simply observe them for some time. He dislikes bright light.
    • Starting Gear (Subject to Approval, 1 weapon and 1 position-related item, see example CS): A small box, within it are a pair of strange knives (when struck together, can either generate a spark of intense heat, or can be locked together to form a unique blade that can be rearranged from a blade to a sickle through magnetism), and a strange syringe which is empty along with a book in a strange language. An organic helmet which is always on Crazyons head, it protects him from bright light, and works as a rebreather, too. It is very damage resistant. (It looks like this.)
      [​IMG]

• Appearance (Image from Starbound Character Generator Please): (Not from generator, but it's pixel...)
    • View attachment 75622 Imagine the coat to be brown or black, and a rebreather mask similar to this (Also refer to my avatar)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  11. Steam Pirate

Steam Pirate Space Kumquat

• Name: Lynx [keeps his real name hidden]
    • Species: Cybernetic-Bionic Augmented Humanoid
    • Age: 666 Terran Years [Maturing phase of Eversor assassins is completed, internal cell control rests old cells to the date of phase completion every second, requires constant refills from cell nutrition tubes in order to replace and repair cells]. The Eversor's body is made to mature for 666 years, improving in strength, endurance and flexibility with help from the birth-implanted progenoid gland located near the heart. At 666 years the Eversor is fully mature, and therefore, at It's peak. Cell nutrition tubes (which are injected with help of mechanism in the plasma generator powered bionic arm). Time is just a concept for the Eversor, as It's body looks forever young despite big six hundred and sixty six years old. Sadly, the stock of tubes that was stored on the ship is severely damaged, rendering many of them completely useless. He has two tubes left, enough to last him for six days each. After that his body begins to rapidly deteriorate.
    • Crew Position: Scout/Assassin
    • Personality: Lynx is bound by a vow of silence. He communicates with nods and hand signs, and literally prefers not to waste words. Always straight to the task, he isn't the most inspiring leader, but in his mind there is no such thing as failure to complete a task. He submits to the chain of command as the Eversor legio taught him.
    • Starting Gear (Subject to Approval, 1 weapon and 1 position-related item, see example CS): Lynx is in control of a lobotomized robotic N'aarj companion which is linked to his mind using complex wireless neural linkage, which can be cut off if Lynx is too far from the N'aarj. Used for scouting in difficult areas, a N'aarj is just an extension of an Eversor's own brain. Also possesses very limited combat ability. Titanium fangs powered by a small plasma generator still provide little power due to the N'aarj's size. Lynx also carries a plasma generator powered sword, however, his generator is severely damaged, including many of his systems. His bionic arm is running on reserve emergency systems, so powering the sword would effectively kill the arm. [sword is disabled temporarily]. Lynx's bionic cell reset mechanism allows him to shrug off minor cuts and bruises, and even negate some weaker toxins - but only with a steady supply of cell nutrition tubes. [every minor injury removes half a day from the tube's life sustaining capabilities, including weak toxins and diseases (such as a cold). Strong poisons are very hard to heal, which requires many cell tubes. Supply of tubes is incredibly limited].
    • Appearance (Image from Starbound Character Generator Please):
    [​IMG]

Kloudy likes this.
  12. Draken09

@Steam Pirate, I'm afraid that between the extra/super strength, flexibility, etc., the reliance on cell nutrition cells (which would be a hassle for gms), and the issue of why you would exist on a merchant vessel (please see the lore tab in the OP), we are currently in strong opposition to your app. I am also personally concerned with capabilities of your gear, but that warrants further discussion by the gms.

13. Steam Pirate

Steam Pirate Space Kumquat

Hmmm... well.... as i said, everything is quite damaged. So he walks like an old man right now.
    The crystals that were mentioned in the lore could be converted into life sustaining matter...?
    Lynx was hired by the ship's captain to protect the crew members and aide in defense of the ship in case of pirates wanting in on the cargo.
    I'm going to bed now, It's late, but... I'll correct any issues with my application tomorrow. Good night guys! :)

14. guguy123

It sounds OP, yet extremely weak due to the life sustaining tube things. I cant make up my mind :rofl:. Needless to say however, he sounds unhumanly badass. Get it? No? Ok....

Steam Pirate likes this.
  15. Name: James Wolfe
    Species: Human
    Crew Position: Technician
    Personality: Abrupt, abrasive and to-the-point, James is not exactly the kind of person you would call a 'social butterfly'. His serious and focused demeanor is often the cause of friction between him and other crew mates, and as a result he is often left to his own devices. This is not much of a problem for him, however, as he tends to prefer his own company. The others don't seem to mind either, as long as he produces results - which he does. James has a knack for all things mechanical/electronic, and, some have also said a certain propensity for lateral thinking in a pinch which has lead to some... unique solutions.

Items: A wrist-mounted kinetics module commonly used by technicians and similar to perform heavy lifting tasks. This device allows the user to manipulate, within a short range, objects which are heavier than could normally be lifted by a person. It requires a standard power cell, commonly used in similar devices (such as energy weapons) which can be depleted very quickly without frugal usage. Normally, such a device contains many failsafes and safeguards and whatnot but with the right tools and a bit of know-how it could, in theory, be weaponised (say, to launch loose items).

(note: as the description suggests, the device has not actually been weaponised as such but because of this I'm not sure if it is considered both a weapon and a position-related item)

Image:
    jwolfe.png

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  16. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

Well, thats a lot of people

Meanwhile, I'm sitting there, with an old cigarette, crying that theres no more

Expect a "WHERE HAS THE RUM GONE?" moment.

17. guguy123

Your epic force module is just so much better than my Nav system thing, though i thought a map would be useful. It would provide a lorefriendly way for us to know where we are.
    I suppose my force module was destroyed in the crash.... Also was Star Wars a thing in starbound. Would referring to it as the force (which would fit my character) be OOC?
    EDIT: Since this is set in the future, would the ship have scanned the planet's surface? Because freeing up my position related item would be nice, more room for creativity!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  18. Torang12

Torang12 Phantasmal Quasar

We'll be picking applications tomorrow, I hope everyone's excited.

Catoosie and Arch-Mage Zandor like this.
  19. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

I know for sure that I am!

20. guguy123

I can tell you i am.
    You can tell by how fast i replied. (i was on the forums anyway)