OOC Stranded

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Draken09, Jan 19, 2014.

1. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

Well, I've edited it

Apologize for doublepost, but it was required

2. PocketRocket

PocketRocket Starship Captain

Alright, I updated with more information on both the plasma cutter and scanner.

Draken09 likes this.
  3. ExplosiveCrate

ExplosiveCrate Phantasmal Quasar

I'm going to post what I have so far before I go to sleep, mainly so I can get a yes/no from the GMs about the starting gear. I probably made the description too wordy, ah well.
    Keep in mind that this is probably going to be a pretty brutish character, with little to no technical knowledge besides gun maintenance.

Name: Gouto Ibuki

Species: Hylotl

Crew Position: Security Guard

Personality: Excessively aggressive and confrontational. He considers his job extremely important and holds great loyalty to the company that hired him. Having grown in a mixed-species community, Gouto never appreciated the whole “peace and enlightenment” attitude that the rest of his species seems to share, though he’s never been able to shake the elitism. As a result, he considers everyone who he perceives as weak to be under him, though he doesn’t always make this known to his coworkers.

Starting Gear: (Position) A set of standard-issue body armor. Basically just a vest made of hardened plastic with a thin layer of padding and some knee/shoulder pads. It might stop a knife, but it won’t stop a bullet.

(Weapon) A small and bulky energy pistol. The gun can be recharged at fixed chargers on the ship, or with portable rechargers using conventional power cells. It comes with two settings: one which causes arcs of electricity to shoot from the barrel, shocking the target and (hopefully) taking it down without causing too much damage. The range is rather poor, barely reaching a meter. The second setting makes the gun shoot a powerful laser. The laser burns through flesh and clothing easily, but is not powerful enough to damage metal. It also has about the same range as a conventional ballistic pistol of the same size, minus the bullet drop. Firing in this setting is taxing on the battery and overuse causes overheating problems which may permanently damage the power cell.

Using the default power cell, the stun setting can be used ten times, while the lethal setting can be used five times without overheating the power cell, but up to a maximum of 20 times if used without regard for the gun’s condition. Removing and replacing the power cell is difficult, as the gun is poorly designed and the power cell is buried under several important electronic components. Doing so is out of the question for Gouto.

Appearance: Standing a good head taller than most of the crew, Gouto is a formidable figure. In full armor, he is not very different from a brick wall. He wears the traditional CorpSec uniform issued by his company, “friendly” cap included.

[​IMG]

Edit: I'm going to take the like as a sign of approval.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
    Draken09 likes this.
  4. Arch-Mage Zandor

Arch-Mage Zandor Space Kumquat

• Name: Welun Caniss
    • Species: Avian
    • Crew Position: Quartermaster
    • Personality: Welun is the type who can easily can lost in their work. He get flustered easily, particularly when it comes to missing supplies. Outside of others of his species, he rarely socializes, known almost exclusively as "That guy in cargo". This job was supposed to be a way to break free of his old tribal lifestyle, the only remnant of which being the axe that he made on his coming of age day.
    • Starting Gear: Hatchet, small PDA (Used to create supply manifests, take notes, etc.)
    • Appearance: WC.png

5. Draken09

Draken09 Black Hole Surfer

Sounds reasonable to me, but I will need to confer with the other GMs for approval.

That sounds like a good fit to me, but again, I'm not approving just yet.

Again, I am satisfied.

Arch-Mage Zandor likes this.
  6. Torang12

Torang12 Phantasmal Quasar

• Name: Wyatt Banks
    • Species: Human
    • Crew Position: Guard
    • Personality: Wyatt was trained for years to accomplish two simple tasks, protect what he is assigned to, and never allow his emotions to take the best of him. He took his job very seriously, but he was never as much of a complete stiff as many guards had become to satisfy their employer's demands. Wyatt remains a guard solely because he believes it is much too late in his life to change career paths, and if he were younger, he believes he would have chosen a career which would actually help people, rather than protect. Wyatt is determined to help others, may be described as unreasonable at times, is often easily persuaded, and can be very serious, dangerous, and deadly if need be.
    • Starting Gear (Subject to Approval, 1 weapon and 1 position-related item, see example CS): Wyatt was issued a single high energy pistol, running on a rechargeable battery, which allows the wielder to fire 4 10mm/0.4 in. shots every 10 minutes. He was also given an ear piece to communicate with a few other guards on the ship, which is slightly damaged, due to the crash.
    • Appearance (Image from Starbound Character Generator Please): [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  7. guguy123

guguy123 Pangalactic Porcupine

• Name: Kiro
    • Species: Hylotl
    • Crew Position: Technician
    • Personality: Always excited he constantly seeks adventure wherever he can find it. He loves to tinker with things and create new gadgets. He is very childish in nature which contradicts his high intelligence. He is usually viewed as cute in a 'child got his head stuck in a bucket' sort of way. He cares very much for and values his friends, having never had a lot of them, and will do rash actions in order to protect them. He loves to socialize with people but finds true happiness with machines, where he can build whatever comes to his imagination. He joined the crew of the ship to earn extra money and hone his skills, so he can make his own business one day and make things to help others, as well as himself. (This probably wont come up in the RP but I decided to include it) He is very anti racist, believing all races (or species) are equal, and deserve the same rights (I can make a separate backstory ,this is just his personality)
    • Starting Gear (Subject to Approval, 1 weapon and 1 position-related item, see example CS): Weapon and item: a wrist mounted multitool with a weapon module that shoots a single powerful laser shot that can cut through rubium. The weapon module consumes a whole power cell for a single shot. Additionally, it has a 15 minute cooldown. (Basically one per fight as long as I have powercells) The only other module that survived the crash is a nav system that automatically scans surroundings and maps them out. It runs on sunlight and does not interfere with the weapon module charging. The entire mutlitool is highly modifiable and modules can be added on the go. (fitting for a person who loves to constantly tinker)
    • Appearance (Image from Starbound Character Generator Please):
    • Kiro.png

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  8. Kloudy

Kloudy Phantasmal Quasar

[*]Name: Jack Winter
    [*]Species: Human
    [*]Gender: Male
    [*]Age: 21
    [*]Crew Position: Intelligence Officer [*]Personality: Jack is a very mysterious individual who only shares information about himself with those he trusts and feels close to. When he gets into tough situations, he tends to do what's right and is very loyal to his friends and loved ones. He always has the drive to keep going and never gives up on the task ahead.
    [*]Starting Gear (Subject to Approval, 1 weapon and 1 position-related item, see example CS): Jack defends himself by using a combination of deception and martial arts. He has an issued mechanical glove for his right hand which can shoot up a hologram of the person he is speaking to (primarily used for sending info back to base) and was also used to disable enemy equipment using powerful electrical transmissions. Jack can use this to his advantage during combat to stun and electrocute enemies.
    [*]Appearance (Image from Starbound Character Generator Please): I am currently on my mobile so I will do this very soon.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  9. ExplosiveCrate

ExplosiveCrate Phantasmal Quasar

The surviving crew is sorely lacking in medical personnel. This doesn't bode well for us, since I'm sure cauterizing a wound with lasers or a welder would be extremely painful.

Draken09 and Catoosie like this.
  10. Catoosie

Catoosie Heliosphere

Might wanna add a limit to the number of people who can join? We have a lot of flesh now.

11. Torang12

We may add a limit to the number of people who get in, but Draken, Exodus, and I haven't decided on it yet.

12. Draken09

Rubium? That sounds like blasting two people at once, one behind the other...

That item sounds... Underpowered. Yes, usable, but you may want to reconsider somewhat.

13. Draken09

Now is a good time to mention, chances are that not everybody will be allowed in. We will try and let as many in as we can handle, but we're all humans with other obligations.

14. guguy123

i could edit it, its just suposed to be a big one time use supershot

15. Torang12

What if you miss?

16. guguy123

Than i miss my hour long charging shot. Too bad so sad...

17. Kubastach

Kubastach Industrial Terraformer

• Name: Jakub Stachurski
    • Species: Human
    • Crew Position: medic, cook
    • Personality: Friendly, can be aggressive if provoked, you can always trust him, very helpful, sometimes gullible.
    • Starting Gear (Subject to Approval, 1 weapon and 1 position-related item): small self-defense antique revolver with 7 chamber drum (and 14 bullets), first-aid kit
    • Appearance: (look at my avatar. No i can't post another copy)
    Is it good?

18. Colettey

Colettey Orbital Explorer

Ohmigod! I'm so sorry I haven't been on Torang! But wow, you guys made the idea wayy better than I could think of!

Here is my app.

Name: Centauri Jordens

Species: Novakid

Personality: One could easily mistake Centauri's quiet demeanor for crushing shyness. In reality, she enjoys the company of about anybody who can understand universal sign-language, as she cannot talk. She has a vehement obsession with music and will spend hours listening to just about anything she can get her hands on. Highly sentimental, putting personal value in what others would consider a waste of time. She can be intrusive at times, nosing around in business that certainly does not involve her. She has a deep amount of empathy for anyone struggling with hard times, and will put others lives above her own in a crisis if she were to deem necessary.

Position: Emergency Medic.

Starting Gear: Medical satchel containing 6 rolls of bandages, a small box of cotton balls, one bottle of rubbing alcohol, a handheld cauterizing laser, utility scissors, and three packets of disinfectant.

Appearance: (I don't have the image yet, but I'll describe her)
    Screen Shot 2014-01-21 at 4.17.51 PM.png

19. Draken09

You're both looking pretty good. And Colletey, we'll let the lack of image slide since Novakids aren't implemented whatsoever.

20. guguy123

Novakids are allowed? Oh man I should've made mine that... Oh well, hylotl FTW!