OOC Stranded

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Draken09, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Colettey

Colettey Orbital Explorer

Ah, yeah, sorry about that. Exodus is gonna give me an image from the Novakid+ mod anyways, so all good!

2. Torang12

Torang12 Phantasmal Quasar

I have to say that I'm not entirely sure about this weapon at all, as time is difficult to calculate while RPing. I suggest taking out the sunlight part completely, as you have already stated it runs on power cells as well.

3. ExplosiveCrate

ExplosiveCrate Phantasmal Quasar

Finished the character sheet, made some minor adjustments to the description of the weapon. Good night.

Name: Gouto Ibuki

Species: Hylotl

Crew Position: Security Guard

Personality: Excessively aggressive and confrontational. He considers his job extremely important and holds great loyalty to the company that hired him, CorpSec. The company SOP is like a holy book to him, and he tries to follow it to the letter. Thankfully, it seems to mesh with his personality almost too well. Having grown in a mixed-species community, Gouto never appreciated the whole “peace and enlightenment” attitude that the rest of his species seems to share, though he’s never been able to shake the elitism. As a result, he considers everyone who he perceives as weak to be under him, though he doesn't always make this known to his coworkers.

Starting Gear:
    • (Position) A set of standard-issue body armor. Basically just a vest made of hardened plastic with a thin layer of padding and some knee/shoulder pads. It might stop a knife, but it won’t stop a bullet.
    • (Weapon) A small and bulky energy pistol. It is an early model of a popular CorpSec sidearm, designed to nonlethally pacify humanoids while still providing allowing the user to engage in decidedly lethal encounters. Unfortunately, this early model is plagued with questionable design decisions and a faulty heat sink. The gun can be recharged at fixed chargers on the ship, or with portable rechargers using conventional power cells. It comes with two settings: one which causes arcs of electricity to shoot from the barrel, shocking the target and (hopefully) taking it down without causing too much damage. The range is rather poor, barely reaching a meter. The second setting makes the gun shoot a powerful laser. The laser burns through flesh and clothing easily, but is not powerful enough to damage metal. It also has about the same range as a conventional ballistic pistol of the same size, minus the bullet drop. Firing in this setting is taxing on the battery and overuse causes overheating problems which may permanently damage the power cell.
    • Using the default power cell, the stun setting can be used ten times, while the lethal setting can be used five times without overheating the power cell, and up to 20 times if the gun is allowed to cool. Anything after 5 consecutive shots runs the risk of damaging the electronic components. Removing and replacing the power cell is difficult, as the gun is poorly designed and the power cell is buried under several important electronic components. Due to the gun's nonstandard design, spare parts for repairs are almost impossible to find among the ship's limited armory, though conventional electronics might work to replace damaged compnents. Doing either is out of the question for Gouto.

Appearance: Standing a good head taller than most of the crew, Gouto is a formidable figure. In full armor, he is not very different from a brick wall. He wears the traditional CorpSec uniform issued by his company, “friendly” cap included.

[​IMG]

Edit: Ugh, google docs messed up the spacing. Again.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
    Draken09 likes this.
  4. Torang12

If you are making modifications to your character you can just edit your original character post, we'll still read your post over and make our decision accordingly.

Draken09 likes this.
  5. guguy123

guguy123 Pangalactic Porcupine

Sounds good to me... It'll also have a cool down of 15 minutes, so I can't use it multiple times in a fight even if I have multiple power cells

6. Draken09

Draken09 Black Hole Surfer

Lore for the Pelican MkIV is now availible (picture pending)! We will not penalize you for not including the information in your application, but I'm sure some of you will find it useful in creating a backstory.

7. Boufman

Boufman Black Hole Surfer

So this is what you've been up to eh?

8. Torang12

I suppose 15 minutes is fine for a cooldown, but do be reasonable about how long 15 minutes would be within an RP.

9. Colettey

Colettey Orbital Explorer

There, added my char pic.

10. guguy123

I like a challenge, so I usually tend to be on the weaker side if that makes sense

11. Torang12

That makes complete sense. It's easier to play a powerful character, rather than one who must rely on other resources.

12. guguy123

I understand you didnt have the lore for the ship when you made this and dont expect u to edit it, but im just pointing this out because its funny... You are a secret agent master of deception and martial arts that goes on secret missions with hologram projecting technology glove. That just happens to work at a hylotl food (sushi) shipping vessel. :rofl:

Kloudy likes this.
  13. Kloudy

Kloudy Phantasmal Quasar

Well yes of course... I... Ermm... Secretly boarded the ship and acted as one of the crewmen to get to my destination! Yeah that seems about right!

14. Exodus

Exodus Space Kumquat

Reminder
    The deadline to submit a character app and/or modification is on January 23.

Afterwards, no applications will be accepted for a spot on the main crew. If you were not picked, then do not complain, as all decisions are final. I really look forward to what you all will come up with.
    Remember, detail is everything. If your application is lacking that special "oomph" that is so eloquently exhibited in some of the better apps (yes, we have been choosing). Try to sell your character as a person with real, natural flaws, strengths, and beliefs.

That is all for now. Thank you for reading.

Colettey, Draken09 and Catoosie like this.
  15. Catoosie

Catoosie Heliosphere

Oh yeah, not all of us will be able to join.
    I love competition.. :megusta:

So Torang is the only GM who will be rping as a crew member?

16. Exodus

Exodus Space Kumquat

Oh no, I will as well. I just haven't gotten around to making one.

Catoosie likes this.
  17. ExplosiveCrate

ExplosiveCrate Phantasmal Quasar

Better hurry up before the deadline hits. Winky face.

Should we include backstory in the profile, or just save it for the first IC posts we make?

18. Torang12

Your backstory will most likely come in as you get more familiar with characters within the RP. "My name is ____ and I grew up in _____ with my ______. I decided to be a _____ and that's how I got to be a _____." You can always put it in your profile, though, I won't tell you not to do that or anything.

19. guguy123

Unfortunately I usually have a hard time with apps... I tend to flesh out my characters far more in the RP itself, as i get familiar and comfortable with the setting and enviorement of the RP.. Oh well, may the best get in I supose

20. Torang12

If that is your problem, we can give you a scenario and you can give us an example of some of your RPing.