OOC Stranded

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Draken09, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Exodus

Exodus Space Kumquat

Oh yeah, forgot this.

Name: Polaris Aldrich

Species: Novakid

Crew Position: Biologist, Planetary Cartographer.

Personality: With the intelligence of an Apex and the ego of a Hylotl, Polaris could be summarized with three syllables.
    Difficult.
    While he is highly xenophobic and bigoted, he knows how far is too far when it comes to an argument. Ironically, he despises arrogance with a burning passion and will outright ignore those who blatantly exhibit such a trait. He does have a soft spot for his own kind, as he sees so few of his kind exploring the stars. Polaris absolutely adores exploring unknown lands and will spend hours mapping star systems and planetary surfaces by hand, but his devotion to discovering and studying new organisms vastly outshines his love of cartography. When under pressure, he has a tendency to be overly defensive and irratble, often resulting in unnecessary arguments (sometimes with himself). Ignoring his relatively abrasive personality, he does care deeply for the well being of the rest of the crew and will usually try his best to benefit the others in any way he can.
    He does have a slight addiction to alcohol, particularly his own brew of moonshine he distilled in his research lab. He usually works better in a slightly inebriated state of being.

Starting Gear: A Kinetic Rebounder, an energy pistol fashioned with a hatchet-like blade that fires small, medium-range shock waves for stunning attacking creatures. Each battery pack contains roughly 40 shots. A Small backpack containing two empty canteens, a blank holo-map, a slightly damaged surface scanner, a whiskey flask half-filled with his infamous moonshine, a fifty foot coil of nylon rope, and three spare battery packs for his Kinetic Rebounder.

Appearance: Don't have a sprite, so it sucks to suck. Just look at my avatar.

2. how do novakids drink

Also, to the people who didn't get in, there's a big old wide open canvas of the RP subforum, waiting for some more activity. Get to it, and make your own stories.

Arch-Mage Zandor and Draken09 like this.
  3. Exodus

Exodus Space Kumquat

You know, that's an excellent question. Maybe they do have a sort of mouth, but it's not really visible?

4. Or they pour the alcohol into their face, where it is vaporized and becomes part of their gaseous makeup for a short time.

Draken09 and GravityFlux like this.
  5. Exodus

Exodus Space Kumquat

Ah, what excellent imagery. Really captures the whole "dafuq is up with this dude" feel.

Draken09 likes this.
  6. I'd believe it if it became canon.

Draken09 and Exodus like this.
  7. ExplosiveCrate

ExplosiveCrate Phantasmal Quasar

Does the ship have any sort of chain of command?

8. Draken09

Draken09 Black Hole Surfer

GM EXPOSITION, AWAYYYYYYY!!!

I'll go ahead and add this to the OP.

Exodus likes this.
  9. Torang12

Torang12 Phantasmal Quasar

The chain of command on the ship only consisted of the captain, but back at the base, the company most like has/had a few set executives. If you're asking this because you're wondering who would act as the leader in the beginning, that's truly up to your characters.

10. Torang12

11. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

Hahahahaha, I love people sometimes.

12. Torang12

Alright, I'll be posting the way the beginning of the RP should be soon, but I may be gone for a little while after.

13. Catoosie

Catoosie Heliosphere

A little while as in a few hours, or a few days?

14. Torang12

A few hours. I'm going to drop my sister off at the bus stop, and then pick up a chair in DC.

15. Catoosie

Catoosie Heliosphere

get a chair in Washington D.C.?

16. ExplosiveCrate

ExplosiveCrate Phantasmal Quasar

He could be talking about stopping by an internet cafe in Washington DC to finish the IC thread

guguy123 and GravityFlux like this.
  17. Torang12

Yeah dude.

So, at the beginning of the RP, we are expecting that most people will be rather sad/depressed, seeing as how members of the crew, who your characters have known for however long, are mostly all dead. Our characters will have to make our current home/base/residence within the wreckage of the ship, and for now we'll be focusing on surviving until the night and forming relationships. For now, until we have the IC up, you all should be working on your backstories, which should include, Significant Others, who might have been somewhere else, or died in the wreckage, also where you came from, why you became a part of the crew, and how long you've been with the people on the ship. I was asked this yesterday, so I will say, the ship has been up and running for 10+ years, so decide from there how long you've been on it.

18. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

Hahahahahaha.
    I have already accumulated a backstory :rofl:

19. Torang12

I'm coming home now, Draken, Exodus, and I will talk when I arrive.

20. Kloudy

Kloudy Phantasmal Quasar

Got it doobie!