1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Nightly Beta Findings or Interesting Things

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by phillip2001, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Not sure on the MM, as the other tools have not been touched far as I know. Really it may just be for a test version, but if it is not; then more likely the other tools will probably have to be up to par or similar in order to keep said balance. So it boils down to how it compares to the other tools in the end. At least for myself.

For me the music never bothered me, then again I technically don't play the nightlies, but do read this thread and others that present what has showed up. Sometimes even reading Kawa's diffs, which are rather interesting, especially when certain directories change; in that latter case it helps me know which things to look for and where, when I want to make a mod or such. I probably won't mess with modding till they at least release to unstable, which may be a while.

Good to hear that caves were brought back into the fray. So I guess we can only hope at this moment things get sorted by the time they do release to the other 2 options. :)

2. The Observer

The Observer Phantasmal Quasar

Oh god, this is awesome:

Untitled.png

3. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

Tempted to change that with a Nyan-Cat, or the LAZORgun

4. Vanni127

Vanni127 Starship Captain

not so much a bug, but has anyone found a way to repair the FTL drive yet on nightly?

5. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

/spawnitem shipT3

Darklight likes this.
  6. ROR_Atlas

ROR_Atlas Big Damn Hero

It may just be a new bug, but for me the copper pickaxe breaks after only a few seconds of mining, and i can't repair it either

7. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

found an odd bug where the trees clip through the ground when you cut them down. So you get only one of the wood items instead of the full haul

8. TheLoneGamer

TheLoneGamer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Finally, scriptable status effects are in. So far, I noticed the speed boost effect leaves behind a little fire trail when you run. No doubt numerous other things lie in wait to be discovered, including changes to the previous existing status effects. Other modders should soon be on the case and the new type of mods that we see should be overflowing soon enough. I hope to be among one of them. It’s just gonna be a matter of a lot of trial and error on my part.
    This is actually an intentional change toward making pickaxe specialty items and leaving the Matter Manipulator as the main mining tool. Reactions have been... mixed on this change to say the least.

The | Suit likes this.
  9. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

Yes, pickaxes are intended to be one-time use, but I'm sure they are intended to last longer than a few seconds.

Yzzey and Tamorr like this.
  10. ROR_Atlas

ROR_Atlas Big Damn Hero

Yea, I noticed that too, it's quite odd because no matter how deep down I dig, the wood has just vanshed

11. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

I bypassed it by making a floating strip of land high enough for the tree to complete it's falling animation and drop its loot in the space under it

12. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

has anyone gotten a screenshot of the gnomevillages?
    i want to see it but i cant find any =/
    \

13. Roequ

Roequ Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah i noticed that right away, with a few other bugs aswell.

1)Such as no hunger meter showing when you hit alt and if you eat it crashes the game.

2) Enemies do not drop leather only pixels or meat when killed with a bow. Leather is not dropped by any means of killing.

3) and a huge bug where I decended into the mine on the garden planet and it did not continue to generate the mine. The enemies stopped attacking and froze. Just a massive empty hole in the ground, which immediatly crashed the game. No lower area biomes where generated at all just the background rocks and empty void.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i28dw4q317qucee/the great void.png?dl=0
    Here is a pic of the void and crash prompt.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  14. ROR_Atlas

ROR_Atlas Big Damn Hero

That's a bit odd, but i haven't gone deep enough to see a possible bug like that, and I noticed the leather thing. It also seems like a bow is the ONLY way to get meat earlygame.

15. Lintton

Lintton Guest

On the subject of pickaxes v MM. I understand the issue for change. AFAIK, there is no way to turn liquid collection off for the MM. This can make mining underwater a hassle for the MM, whereas it is easier for the pickaxe. In addition, how are the temp pickaxes going to be handled? As in, how much more powerful will the mine and how to balance this with a MM to look like a bonus?

16. Untrustedlife

Untrustedlife Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh great Now what is chucklefish going to do with hunger :zzz:
    gut it to make the game easier in the name of $$ and in the name of ruining the survivalist aspect of the game.

God I hope not.

-------------------------

also what is this im hearing about gnomevillages?

17. thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

Does anyone know of a inveditor for the nightly builds? All the ones I tried didn't show any items...

18. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

besides the crafting window in admin mode no =(
    and even that doent show all the items, just the things that are craftible

19. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

that being said the admin mode with this http://starbounditems.herokuapp.com/ makes up for it

20. Dunto

Dunto Guest

The 'c' crafting menu in admin mode will only show recipes that don't have a crafting station requirement set in their recipe. If you have admin mode enabled and try to access the robotic crafting table or any other crafting station, you'll see all the recipes for that station too.