1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Nightly Beta Findings or Interesting Things

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by phillip2001, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Pyre

Pyre Void-Bound Voyager

Has anyone seen the new minibiome weapons?
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    They've got some pretty interesting effects. One of them even spits out bugs.
    [​IMG]

2. Uzkniso

Uzkniso Big Damn Hero

Thanks for sharing.

I'll have to get them all once the game gets updated..

3. Lemuria

Lemuria Subatomic Cosmonaut

Floran will be able to both ssmack and sstab at the ssame time!

Uzkniso likes this.
  4. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

it seems its been 3 days (sence wensday) sence the nightlys updated
    so im gonna tag @OmnipotentEntity to see if he can fix it

5. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

Thanks. We ran an update to fix shellshock, and our build system also was updated, and as a result we needed to do some manual updating on our build configuration.

6. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

thanks for fixing the planets showing up when on the serface it was awesome

can you PLEASE PLEASE fix this bug

this bug has been in the build sence the January Update and its been annoying me forever
    [​IMG]

these thrusters are sopost to change when you FTL, but it doent sence that update
    it does this with Every ship with Every upgrade
    its been so long i cant even find a screenshot of how its sopost to look like x-x

can you please please PLEASE fix it @OmnipotentEntity

edit: found a screenshot (had to take it myself from the trailer)
    this is whats its sopost to look like
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  7. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

That some jRPG / Animu / Ningen powah ovar derr!

8. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

the MM now mines extreamly fast now,
    its awesome

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  9. SteamCloud

SteamCloud Void-Bound Voyager

I just opted into the nightly build and could not repair my pickaxes. I also had a fight with a creature that suddenly became invincible. I had to run far away to avoid further pain :eek:. I really enjoy the Matter Manipulator. :)

10. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

-Pickaxes are no longer repairable.
    -That happens then creatures have 1 hp.

SteamCloud likes this.
  11. SteamCloud

SteamCloud Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for letting me know. No searches turned up that information.

12. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

I've added a section on THIS forum to get further information about current bugs and progression issues.

It is stickyed at the top.

13. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

pickaxes (soon) will no longer be craftable / repairable
    to counteract that the MM is now extreamly powerful and easy to upgrade

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  14. weirdee

weirdee Big Damn Hero

do they got a bead on that 1 hp thing, it's nearly gotten me killed several times when i thought my deathblow rush was gonna result in some kinda death

15. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

its becouse they canged the damage thing or something idk
    its low priority right now iirc

16. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Well if that is the case, that would be just another thing I'll have to mod in. At least recipes are simple to do. I am one to like the progression from pickaxe to drill to misc. to MM being the top in the end.

I understand that the MM is the universal tool, and that they are making a progression for it. I just don't see why they would make pickaxes non-craftable, especially when they can now break... I would understand if was like before and only found in chests, but not that... oh well, thank goodness for mods. :) (even though would be nice if I didn't have to use them)

17. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

I agree with Tamorr. Making the Pickaxes non-repairable is one thing, but making them NON-CRAFTABLE is a bit too much. Because without including the Frog Merchant, I never-ever found any pickax that wasn't Stone or Copper in a chest, even at T10 Planets.

The only way this would be a viable thing would be if you could still buy them (like say, at the Outposts) for a high price if necessary. Or if they increased their loot rate, making them more commonplace in chests. Else ppl will resort to mods, or worse, cheats, to get them. And that's no good, IMHO.

18. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

I'm pretty sure those are all part of the plan. In that they TOLD us that potentially-powerful pickaxes would be more common loot items. Buyables seem a semi-likely option.

We need to remember they don't tell us EVERY tiny detail of what they're changing. Just about any big change they make has a whole cascading number of other changes they need to make attached to it, and they're not gonna outlay every one of those every blogpost.

But again, I frankly wonder why people are scrambling to keep pickaxes "major", given what they're doing with the Matter Manipulator.

19. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Don't know about other people, but in the way I see it, in my own perspective; it is not keeping it "major", but more like keeping it part of progression. Or a given choice while you do progress in upgrading the MM. After all variety sometimes makes that spice more entertaining or believable. Well when seen in a progressive sort of way. Yes eventually the MM will be the top one to use, but what about earlier? That is what I mean roughly about progression. Otherwise mind as well make it from the beginning the only tool for multipurpose needs.

It is nice to have certain traits to misc tools that can have a function that will not get in the way, as which I can see with at least one feature of the MM; like building under water. In that case having an alternate tool that is only for mining; eventually being a mining laser or drill later on that would be possible, you could have that mining tool that doesn't suck the water you want to keep in place for the most part.

One reason in even this modern age there are some tools for everything, or close to it, but some are more specialized at what it is used for. Now I am not going for realism, it is just an example that I can think of. Starbound is its' own universe, and all with in has its' own mechanics, science, and there of...

Besides even the tribes on other planets had to of started somewhere. Can't expect all races to be space flight or technological. That would be odd, at least it would to me. I don't know. It is just how I see it as I mentioned.:)

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  20. Untrustedlife

Untrustedlife Scruffy Nerf-Herder

playing teh nightly right now, havent in awhile:

Teh Good: Surface caves are back and are awesome
    The bad: Matter manipulator seems VERY op in the current nightly build, i hope its a test, because it can break stone pretty much instantly now without upgrades, and i dislike this. May just take some getting used too...

Found a weird Bug:
    it keeps playing the same music track, OVER AND OVER NON STOP in the background now, Ive always loved starbounds music, and now its getting annoying. I hope they fix that. It shouldnt play ALL the time, and it sshouldn'tbe the SAME TRACK OVER AND OVER. Its not like this in the non-nightly builds. weird bugs are weird.[DOUBLEPOST=1412130761][/DOUBLEPOST]
    not awesome. Overpowered.[DOUBLEPOST=1412130981][/DOUBLEPOST]
    not a winxp problem, it was happening on my computer (windows 8) as-well. Its fixed now though.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014