Rope!

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by Sir Logan, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Sir Logan

Sir Logan Phantasmal Quasar

KZZZZRXRFHNKZXK
    Hey, Starbounders! Have you ever faced a large drop and wondered, -cuts to a dude in front of a hole- "How should I traverse this large drop I face right now in this totally real yet luckily taped, not recorded in a studio, scenario?" -cuts back- WELL NOW YOU DON'T HAVE TO, THANKS TO SIR LOGAN INC.'S ROPE!!! Order now at 1-9000-SIRLOGAN
    and get two 10-ft pieces for the price of two for just 9,000 pixels!!
    JCMRKMlGSxxxZZZkJSHHCHSSH
    (that was a fake commercial btw)
    Basically, rope could be made of animal hair, plant fibers, synthetic fibers, tiny strands of metal, even entrails for the evil/insane/kill crazy/sadistic type! After you make the rope, you can craft pieces together (2 pieces for long, 3 for really long) to make longer rope. Rope can be used for several things:
    -securing things in a truckbed
    -tying stuff to a car's roof
    -hogtying enemies/nuetral creatures/NPCs/friends/yourself
    -attaching to cliff edges/cave ceilings
    To use rope, you put it in one of your hands. You'll hold it in both hands, but the one you put it in is the one the end is in. Just click on the thing/block you want to attach it to and wait 3 seconds(blocks) or just watch(enemies)
    as the rope either flies over or falls down from the block realistically. You can swing from ropes if you click it with an empty hand. Use your up key to climp up, press down to climb down, jump while pointing somewhere to jump off that way, left and right to swing left and right (recommended cieling only), and down twice to slide down automatically. Also, if you grab a rope after jumping into it, it'll swing back and forth for a little bit, so you can jump from one ledge to another without doing very much.
    [​IMG]
    THANKS FOR READING!
    -Sir Logan

KuroHinotori, Bombzero, Nebin and 6 others like this.
  2. Manilian

Manilian Big Damn Hero

Great idea, maybe I can role play as Indiana Jones and stuff.

Sir Logan likes this.
  3. xboy777

xboy777 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like it! This HAS to be in the game! They should make it where it's a one-handed tool so you can use weapons to defend yourself while using it (obviously not while climbing but when stationary on a rope). If it's the future, some ropes can be attached to the player's side so they just have to throw it with one hand.

Also keep in mind that since each mouse button is for each hand (using rope in both hands and giving both clicks a function would be confusing) there will most likely be a single-click function and a click-and-hold function to allow certain weapons (battery weapons?) to charge up their shots before firing. If it was one-handed, the single-click function could be for tying/securing/lassoing objects and enemies (for enemies you'd probably have to click multiple times to wrap the rope around them enough to subdue them). The click-and-hold function could be for grappling/grabbing/swinging off of walls, stationary objects, and ceilings. You could even use it to drag enemies after lassoing them.

That's just my idea anyways lol.

Sir Logan likes this.
  4. Run Juan Run

Run Juan Run Big Damn Hero

i liikee itt

Sir Logan likes this.
  5. St Fonz

St Fonz Existential Complex

Nice idea! I would tie things to the back of my hover bike and drag them along.. (Not animals... just plants. And animals.)

Sir Logan likes this.
  6. Emmanuel

Emmanuel Master Chief

How about, each piece attached adds 3 blocks of rope length? Other than that, great idea!

Sir Logan likes this.
  7. KuroHinotori

KuroHinotori Spaceman Spiff

Maybe they could be used to build rope bridges...

Sir Logan and xboy777 like this.
  8. Run Juan Run

Run Juan Run Big Damn Hero

or hang yourself/others

Sir Logan likes this.
  9. xboy777

xboy777 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That is a great idea! Rope bridges could act like platforms in Terraria only be physics-based. I shall make a tree house out of ropes! X3

Sir Logan likes this.
  10. Fireninja404

Fireninja404 Subatomic Cosmonaut

rope could also go into crafting(researching?), like you would need rope, steel, gears, hook, and grappling hook blueprints to make (obviously) a grapple hook

11. KuroHinotori

That's dark..
    That's what I was thinking! :p

Sir Logan and SupaTigaPoo like this.
  12. César

César Void-Bound Voyager

Ropes could be usefull to conect Vehicles and make new style ones. This is a very good idea Sir Logan :)

Sir Logan likes this.
  13. TehEpikMonk

TehEpikMonk Spaceman Spiff

Maybe they could be used to make whips! :p

I'm glad to see you made the thread :rofl:

Sir Logan likes this.
  14. KuroHinotori

I'd like to see how whips would be implemented, if they would be a weapon, a tool like a grappling hook, or both

15. Necrius

Necrius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd prefer grappling hooks that have an ability to adjust rope's length. Like the one Batman has. Or like ninja rope from "Worms". But ropes themselves would surely be a nice addition.

16. Hugt

Hugt Phantasmal Quasar

I'M LIKIN THIS.

Sir Logan likes this.
  17. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves Starship Captain

Sir Logan, xboy777 and KuroHinotori like this.
  18. Vizendel

Vizendel Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh God.

Whooves you've spent too long on the internet, why aren't you out saving the world with sexy new mares?

Sir Logan likes this.
  19. Nebin

Nebin Subatomic Cosmonaut

I really like this :D But maybe the standard rope is used for most things, but not grappling onto surfaces, and maybe a few other things. To grapple on to surfaces you would need something like a hook, then attach it onto your rope and maybe the level of the hook would increase accuracy / chance to stick?

20. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves Starship Captain

2008 is hardly "too long", especially for a time lord.

Sir Logan, xboy777 and KuroHinotori like this.