Regarding Release & Beta, What You Should Know.

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Arcadiax, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Nathan

Nathan Big Damn Hero

Start out final version release please :D

Bugs make the game fun and always gives me a good laugh...Hehehe!

Well yeah that is just my opinion!

2. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

Tiy said in the IRC a few days ago that the new ETA is "End of the year"
    And that in VALVE time is, mid-April.

3. Z4nD4k

Z4nD4k Void-Bound Voyager

many people find that closed beta's are unfair but thats just not the case having a open beta for a small game so early would mean there are more ways for players to hack/exploit the game because of bugs or that the game isnt ready (im mostly talking about multiplayer ive seen some picture and other stuff showing 2 people on it (i think)) but anyway with a closed beta it allow a smaller group play and they find bugs good one and bad ones and it is easier to contact the 200 lets say people so problems are to sort when a smaller group not a large group find them

4. Ravenous Space Rat

Ravenous Space Rat Cosmic Narwhal

When they say summer do they mean the season or summer break?

5. Presumably the season, though it appears that the release date has been delayed towards sometime at the end of the year from what I've heard.

6. Valkoor Moonblood

Valkoor Moonblood Existential Complex

I've heard that as well, but I haven't actually seen an official source. From what I heard, it was said on the IRC.

7. the_randomhero

the_randomhero Intergalactic Tourist

If i was ever a bete tester i would be so happy and never ruin the image of starbound. I would love to have access to just a portion of the game even if it five minutes and have to restart the game every five minutes.

8. moonunitiv

moonunitiv Void-Bound Voyager

I WANT TO PLAY!!!!:sparta::yoda::iswydt::mindwurm::virorb: :coffee:

9. Xandra

Xandra Poptop Tamer

This is really intriguing to me -- and I'm not one who is *too* into gaming! I love Terraria, and I refuse to listen to the backlash against that craziness, BUT! I. Am. VERY. Stoked. For this.

The entire *this is what we have, but let's tease you some more* is genius, you guys. Genius. Props to you. The psychologist in me is fascinated yet envied by your power of teasing! <3 This is a compliment, folks. I am excited to see more about this. The wait is getting to be too much to handle!

It's got me so fixed I had to join this. So, kudos! Cheers.

10. Rene6305

Rene6305 Star Wrangler

I think it is a good idea to have a closed beta because I don't like when details of a game that would have been a very pleasant surprise are revealed by tons of people posting about it and closed betas help keep that kind of info closed

11. Iznano4nik

Iznano4nik Big Damn Hero

2 months left for release:alien:

[Terraria]firedfOx likes this.
  12. [Terraria]firedfOx

[Terraria]firedfOx Intergalactic Tourist

Late summer...

:D If-it were true ..

13. Z4nD4k

Z4nD4k Void-Bound Voyager

well anyway it gives us hope and its better to have a vague release date in two months then being told nothing

14. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

one good question, it been 3 weeks (or more) for beta demo gone so far...betas doesn't last very long time of 3 months....soooo >.> wouldn't the game is about come out right about now or soon?

15. Snowfalcon

Snowfalcon Big Damn Hero

I have been a beta tester for about 10 years now, on many different generes of games,NDAs mean nothing,someone somewhere always has to put up youtube videos,twitter about it,or send mails to online review websites ( or of course send their beta copy over to certain individuals who then "crack" it), and this isnt just related to Closed Betas but Alpha builds as well.

16. hazzary453

hazzary453 Big Damn Hero

beta would be good, help perfect it before the proper release to all of us:geek:

17. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

well *censored*, so ur saying that even the creators or new generation creators will have trouble still even it is in 2d game? <.< I mean come on, I just play so many guy's game b4 and check some ppl years when they started making the game. I only know 3D games r harder to make.

18. Stephen Jasper

Stephen Jasper Poptop Tamer

I would think so.

19. Arcadiax

Arcadiax Guest

Done, cheers for the reminder :)

20. Kilo

Kilo Pangalactic Porcupine

This was actually very helpful. I had been wondering about most of this.