Regarding Release & Beta, What You Should Know.

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Arcadiax, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Fishcake

Fishcake Pangalactic Porcupine

Might be released at the end of the year? Better find things that are time consuming. Until it's released. :zzz:

2. RadioFox

RadioFox Subatomic Cosmonaut

I hope sly fox is a beta tester! :mindwurm:

3. Arcadiax

Arcadiax Guest

Again guys, it's highly unlikely any youtuber will get beta because of their status, and even if they do get it, for being friends with a developer or something, they won't be allowed to upload videos, to the best of my knowledge, as potential beta testers will have to sign a "Non disclosure" application, which means they cannot share any info from the game with anyone apart from others in the beta program or the developers, that includes images, videos, descriptions etc. Sorry :[

Of course, this is all speculation as we don't even know if they will have a closed beta!

4. klipwc

klipwc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So heres a question, when the game does release, whats the probability of a collectors edition been sold on steam? like terraria other games, hell i did buy it even if its double the normal price.

5. Arcadiax

Arcadiax Guest

Well, I don't think we have any indication of that yet, collectors editions can be awesome, and I'd hope that after starbound has sold a good amount and has had a good few updates that they may do one of these editions, but again it's a lot of work to get your game on to disc and sell, so we'll have to wait and see what they do :)

6. saracresp

saracresp Subatomic Cosmonaut

Awe, I loved PaperBatVG's Videos of Beta Terraria. It was so awesome how he got to play the the developers and VERY interesting to watch. His video is how i found out about Terraria! :love:..:cry:

7. LuckyLizard

LuckyLizard Void-Bound Voyager

This is good info. Thank you for creating this. :)

8. familyplayer1

familyplayer1 Void-Bound Voyager

I hope if their is a beta, that the testers will be able to show video content. Just a hope though.

9. NuclearChurro

NuclearChurro Void-Bound Voyager

Will Star bound be available for mac?

10. Hukasu

Hukasu Cosmic Narwhal

win, mac and linux

11. Valkoor Moonblood

Valkoor Moonblood Existential Complex

I hope there isn't video. It'd spoil things for a lot of people. Besides, the most likely possibility of beta will be a closed beta just for bugfixes and testing, and testers will likely have to agree to a contract that says they can't share info about the game.

12. Pacific

Pacific Subatomic Cosmonaut

Beta could be happening and no one may know.

13. Hukasu

Hukasu Cosmic Narwhal

some idiot could have leaked some SSs and videos, even though they made an agreement with chuckle fish to do not

14. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

Then the starbound is a knock-off of terraria people would have more stuff to yell about.

15. EnjayVesarius

EnjayVesarius Master Chief

This thread makes me feel sick to my stomach. A closed beta means not everyone gets in. A closed beta means *I* might not get in. What would I do if that happened? How would I go on living?

"THIS. IS THE WORST. POSSIBLE. THING."​
    -Rarity​

ChaoticGamer and Zailiner like this.
  16. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

well the Dev's said it was going to be a closed beta,

17. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

the word is "When"? When that he is going close it that is the thing that no one expect that beta turns into opening like the other free online games, but cough up some bucks then they provide going forward.

18. Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

But see, they're not going to take money for this beforehand, that's why they had the hubbub with Wanderlust. They want to finish the game before asking for your money, which in my opinion is very honorable of them.

Now on another train of thought (ignore the screaming lady a few miles ahead shes not important), I personally am just as psyched as most of the posters on this thread impatiently asking for when itll be done. However, we need to realize that rushing production of a game never made its quality up to the kind of expectation the fans give something like this. According to how much Wanderlust sold in the ranks of Steam, and how much belovedness some fans attach this game with Terraria (I personally love Tiy's style with the game and encourage his endeavor with this next one) this is going to be a big game. Big games need time to implement, take suggestions, and do things right. So while I am psyched to hear that we may have this one day, I for one am not pushing for a earlier release date just to play earlier.

Just remember, with every second you spend waiting for Starbound to come out, and believe me I am so excited I want to bring my gf to this game as well, they are working heavily and mightily to make sure that this game is everything they wanted it to be. With the help of the fanbase obviously, Ive seen several threads get mod attention, and not particularly in ways that involve postings saying "Thats a good idea!" So, while I am excited (more so than I have been for years for a game to come out, I feel like im 8 waiting for Nightmare in Dreamland again :rofl: ), I want to thank the devs and the code monkey particularly for working so hard to give us something really special that from what Ive seen in snippets by youtubers, I am not going to forget for years afterwards :rofl:

19. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

yes I clearly understand that understand they r hard workers, but why not show some few small features like 10 different weapons type of (per-each class guns and melees) cuz ppl r interested how the weapons works so later on brings a *bing* sound above their heads. That why I want throw some money down to see small peek of it. Plus, you can't work without empty stomach if you know what I mean. :rofl:

20. Hugt

Hugt Phantasmal Quasar

If anyone's worthy of a beta key, it's Pedguin!!

Dassery likes this.