Planetary Parasite

Discussion in 'Side Quests' started by Sarzael, Apr 15, 2012.

?

Should this quest be added?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    68.8%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. Something like this, but not exactly this.

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

´´This is Ship Alpha 9724. We have found an planet. The planet has been infected by some... Thing. Our escape pod is lost, and we will not survive a lot more of time. We re requesting for help. Please come to CoordinaTTT.... Transmission has been lost.``

Basically, this is a random planet. When you use Escape Pod to land on it, the quest begins.

You will land in a nice, green, forest, whit no apparent danger. As soon as you go some distance away from the pod, and then come back, you will see that the zone where you landed is now similar to the Terraria Corruption, but whit tentacles (Which will move towards you as soon as you get close) instead of thorns, and better blocks, whit an considerable number of new, strong, hostile monsters. However, the pod wont be there.

You now have two options:
    1) Collect some materials, to build an dispositive that will allow you to request for help, which will cause an new pod to appear and you will be able to leave the planet.
    2) Follow trough the infection, triying to find out what happened whit the pod.

If you choose option 1, you will have to go trough caves, and find some ores, needed to build the dispositive. You will have to explore the caves, on which no one knows what dangers will be lurkering around there...

If you choose option 2, you will have to continue trough the Infestation, until you find the Mastermind, also named Planetary Parasite.

The Mastermind is an giant body of flesh, whit a mouth on the top, and lots of tentacles.
    Inside the flesh, you will notice the Escape Pod.

An chat will begin, on which you will be revealed that Mastermind is triying to consume the planet, and that once is tentacles reach the Planetary Core, the planet will be totally infested.

You now have two options:
    1) Try to trade whit the Mastermind, so that ´´It`` will give the Escape Pod. However, the Mastermind is not idiot, so be careful whit what you offer.
    2) Fight whit the Mastermind. If you fail to trade whit Mastermind, this is choosen automatically, also you can manually choose this. Just one thing. Mastermind is real strong, and haves lots of minions.

Once you defeat Mastermind/It accepts to give you Escape Pod, you will be able to use your pod to escape.

Info:
    The only liquid in the planet is purple and highly corrosive.

The Infestation expands fastly trough planet.

Every some time, there will be an earthquake, meaning that Mastermind tentacles get closer to planetary core.
    Earthquakes get stronger whit time. If you dont leave planet/kill Mastermind in certain time, you will end up dieing because of Mastermind reaching Planetary Core.

Reward:
    If you kill Mastermind:
    3500 Pixels.
    Lots of Mastermind Flesh you can use to develop items based on biological.
    Some NPCs that live on this planet may join your crew.

If you trade whit Mastermind:
    A bit of Mastermind Flesh inside the Escape Pod.
    Lots of NPCs will want to escape planet, and some will join your crew, more than if you kill Mastermind, since if you kill, they can live peacefully in their planet.

If you escape:
    Whatever you find on caves.
    Lots of NPCs will want to escape planet, and some will join your crew, more than if you kill Mastermind, since if you kill, they can live peacefully in their planet.

I leave to developers (If this get added) to choose how would Mastermind fight, and what kind of monsters await you.
    (Over all in caves)

[​IMG]
    Code:
    [URL=http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/planetary-parasite.4660/][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2DsXZ.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

2. Lord Kain

Lord Kain Ketchup Robot

To bad there's not another opinion for when the mastermind takes over the planet. that you get infect and get two different quests. one to cure yourself, the other to grow stronger through infecting other worlds.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  3. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Remember that this is a side quest, and so, doesnt go so far. If Developers wanna include this an a main quest, maybe they can do this.

4. pitfall

pitfall Big Damn Hero

Oh man, the grammar and spelling were eating away at me. Like, it burns.
    However, I do think this is a good idea.

5. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Im Spanish, so i do lots of grammar errors in long posts.

6. Serp

Serp Zeromus

Escape pod? don't you crash your pod into an abandoned spaceship?

7. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Yes, but you still use it to land onto planet.

8. Serp

Serp Zeromus

You do? can you show me where this was confirmed?

9. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Marketh told me.

10. pitfall

pitfall Big Damn Hero

Ok, understood. As a grammar nazi, I really despise bad grammar. But I understand if you can't help it.

11. Gredd18

Gredd18 Giant Laser Beams

It Wasn't. You'd Use Something Else, E.G. a DropShip. Escape Pods Are One-Way Ticket To The Nearest Planet. Also, This Quest Would Be Hard For New Players. You'D Need Some Kind of Warning.

12. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Even trough the planet looks kinda well, the treat level is high.

13. Serp

Serp Zeromus

Yay! lots and lots of treats!

14. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

This planet is an lethal trap... When you first go, you will think you re in Wonderland :D
    Everything is pretty, and no dangers at sight...
    But then...

...... (Screams) (Breaks everyone ears) (Thats why you wont hear my scream)

15. Gredd18

Gredd18 Giant Laser Beams

Still, It'D Be Rather Hard

16. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

I know. I said that it will be high treat planet.

17. Serp

Serp Zeromus

You're doing that just to annoy me aren't you

18. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Why would i want to annoy you?

19. pitfall

pitfall Big Damn Hero

I know right? There's an "h" there and it's been left out every time.

20. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

You have never know who its not english-native-speaker???

Yo soy Español, y si os molesta, no me importa.