OOC Planet H3R01CS, sign-up

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by phanaton, Oct 18, 2013.

1. m0k0n4

m0k0n4 Ketchup Robot

Well, I guess I can take that explanation.
    It just kinda bugs me that a revolver can have so much more firepower than a rifle that can be classified as 'anti-materiel'.

2. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

Yeah
    But remember
    Anti material is terrible at shit like this
    Revolvers are awesome

3. m0k0n4

m0k0n4 Ketchup Robot

Posting accepted CS for New White.
    Obligatory, unspoilered wall of text ahead.
    You have been warned.
    Oh, and as usual, gimme a call if you need something answered.

Name: Mia
    Surname: Edelstein

Physical Appearance:
    Mia is a relatively small, averagely built young woman, standing at a mere 5’1’’ with somewhat childlike proportions despite being 20 years old and weighing roughly 170 pounds – heavier than she looks. She has fair skin, as well as shoulder-length amber hair with bangs that completely drape over the right side of her face, hiding the disturbing visage that contrasts her humanoid left eye: a large – almost two inches in diameter – insect-like compound eye; both eyes, human and not, dyed as amber as her hair.
    Layers of an especially tough, dark brown chitinous substance covers parts of her body, primarily at her back, torso and limbs, almost like armor of some sort.
    Instead of the ‘normal’ human anatomy of two arms and two legs, Mia has a second pair of arms extending from the middle of her torso, and in place of normal, humanlike arms, on
    the right side of her body are two insect-like arthropod ‘legs’ each ending with a jagged, sharp edge.
    As to conform to the fact that she has more limbs than the average individual, the articles of clothing she currently wear – a sleeveless shirt and trousers – are made to expose the sides, and she usually hides her features within a large, hooded cloak.

Mental State: 4 – She’s still reasonable and rational, but her previous experiences and bodily alterations haven’t been very kind to her mentality. Though quite cheerful and sociable toward those she considers ‘friends’, she has become a rather timid and ‘closed’ toward those she considers not. While she refrains from injuring or killing others save in cases of necessity or self-defense, nightmares still haunt her dreams, and her altered form has, somehow, given rise to ‘something’ in the back of her mind, constantly wanting to ‘surface’.
    “I don’t know what it is. I just feel it’s there. It’s like a swarm of insects, just waiting around a dying animal”

Moral Inclination: Mostly neutral, leans toward Hero; she tries to take an innocent’s view of the world, to believe in those ideals many have sought and failed to achieve, but knows how unrealistic those ideals are. She wants to live, but she believes that a life without a ‘meaning’ is not worth living, and believes that ‘meaning’ can be achieved by helping another. Yet, her past traumas give her trouble when trying to socialize.

Power:
    Trained – While not exactly a superpower, Mia has received intense training in the arts of personal combat, capable of besting average humans rather easily by skillfully manipulating her six limbs. While mostly trained in defense and in using her blade-like right arms, she can also use small firearms such as pistols, as well as rifles – that is, if they’re specifically modified for her relatively unique appendages.
    (She’s quite far behind Christa Caelum in terms of skill, though)

Altered Form Stage 2: Mutation – Her body has been radically altered, both in form and in function, most of them obvious from appearance alone. A compound eye replaces her right eye, giving her better movement recognition and a wider field of view in exchange for image resolution. Layers of a dark brown chitinous substance cover a good portion of her body, hard enough to repel low-caliber hollow-points and soften many other blows. Her two extra arms are the most obvious of all, as is the fact that insect-like appendages replace her two right arms. Those insect appendages, ending in a jagged, sharp edge each, function much like a serrated blade or a saw.
    Perhaps her most defining feature, however, is her resilience; she has been said on occasions to be ‘as tough as a roach’, the chitinous ‘armor’ only adding to that. Additionally, her mutation isn’t over yet – every time she receives physical trauma, her body responds by partially replacing them with insect-like substances or body parts, granting her the equivalent of minor regeneration. It can even replace lost limbs given enough time – the reason her right arms are such – at the tradeoff of becoming less human each time, not only in body, but in mind as well…

Weakness:
    Monstrous – to quote her: “Would anyone seriously want to get along with a thing like me?”
    Bulky – her somewhat larger frame and extra limbs make her incapable of moving around smoothly, at least not very quickly, and the extra weight of her semi-organic ‘armor’ doesn’t help.
    Mutation – as much a disadvantage as it is an advantage, her body still mutates in response to physical trauma. Not only is the process quite painful, the less human she becomes in body, the less human she becomes in mind.
    Intolerance: Temperature Shift – Sudden changes in temperature is detrimental to her. While she can tolerate gradual changes as well as adapt to a good variety of climates, a sudden drop or rise in temperature will daze her at the very least. She tolerates cold better than heat.
    Flammable – her chitinous ‘shell’ is actually pretty flammable. Combined with her intolerance to sudden temperature shifts, this causes fire to be pretty much her greatest weakness.

Background:
    Mia Edelstein was born in the outskirts of Old Anarchis, a place where the strong prosper and the weak suffer. Despite how rotten the world around her is, she grew up in peace and happiness, protected by her parents. They were by no means strong, but they were smart; they knew who and what to deal with, as well as when, where and how to make a deal. Mia developed into a cheerful, outgoing girl, if perhaps somewhat naïve and idealistic, believing that a life spent only to preserve oneself and nothing else has no meaning.
    But one day, seven years after her birth, something happened. Something that changed her life for good.
    Her only warning was the night before; she overheard her parents talking, the tone of their voice laden with utmost anguish.
    And the next day, she woke up in a place she didn’t recognize alongside many other children about her age. That was the beginning.
    Through her eyes, she watched as the children with her were changed, through a series of cold, merciless ‘experiments’, turning them into something not fully human – some were lucky to only have minor changes in appearance. For the others, death was probably the best outcome. And when her turn came, she became something still far more humanoid than she is right now.
    For ten years after, she was put through a brutal, unforgiving training regime, designed to produce unparalleled, disposable ‘bio-weapons’ for the highest bidder. Barely kept alive, she was forced to trudge on this living hell, seemingly fighting for her life at every turn. Only the other ‘experimentation subjects’, children like her, can at least alleviate her pain.
    That is, until the fourth year of her captivity.
    From then on out, every once in a while, several of them would be thrown in closed, sealed ‘domes’, one-on-one, the others forced to watch. It was a battle to the death; only the victor may exit, lest they die of starvation. That was the point when friends became foes.
    Through those years, she had to fight. She had to kill. And with every fight she won, with every wound she suffered, she realized how she was becoming less and less human each and every time. And yet, she kept trusting in another. She kept believing in a ‘friend’. And every time, that trust turned to betrayal.
    Mia Edelstein, in this condition, slowly lost her will to live. It was on the tenth year of her captivity did she approach someone with no interest in betrayal. The second most skilled subject on record. The black-winged angel of death. A scarred, yet inherently kind young woman.
    And inevitably, the two eventually fought.
    No longer possessing the will to keep on living such a meaningless life, she tried to surrender without resistance, but…

“Why aren’t you defending yourself? Don’t you want to live?”

“No… I’ve given up on living”

“Why?!”

“This life… A life like this is meaningless. I can’t live a life without meaning. So… I want to die. In your hands. Take this as a final request… From a friend”

“A… Friend…”

“Won’t you do it?”

“… No. I won’t accept this. Stand up, Mia Edelstein. Fight me. Face me with your all. And in turn, I will give you my all. Take this as a final request… From a friend”

Those words were few and direct, and yet she could feel the underlying emotions within.
    Smiling for the first time in years, she stood and fought, even though she fully knew that she would lose in the end.
    But before the final blow was struck, something happened.
    Her bonds, the chains that bind her from turning against her captors, shattered. Her opponent’s bonds shattered. The exit from the battlefield appeared.
    And none there passed up the chance.
    Those few captives that retained their sanity throughout the ten long years rebelled against their masters, completely obliterating all resistance in unison.
    None of their former captors survived that day.
    Going their separate ways, Mia eventually found herself in the city named New White. There she stayed, living as one of the ‘refugees’ from Old Anarchis, doing whatever she can to stay alive and help others in the process, the wounds in her soul slowly healing.

TL;DR: read the freaking thing instead of relying on TL;DRs. Please.

4. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

Goddammit, more walls of freakin text

5. phanaton

phanaton Ketchup Robot

so, I want all your guys opinions, how am I doing as a GM, are my ideas original enough, is my settling of disputes sufficient? is there any advice you might have?

6. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

Wellll
    I shot at a civilian
    'And my brain is too tired to comprehend your posts

7. BoltCrank

BoltCrank Zero Gravity Genie

Well, thanks to bad weather and not being able to get a good rental car, my little north state trip had to be cancelled-so here I'm back on the forum and what do I find? New White is up! Woo!....

Anyways, I need to read up on what I missed then I'll see if I can come up with a good starting post.

8. warlava50

warlava50 Subatomic Cosmonaut

NEW WHITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. m0k0n4

m0k0n4 Ketchup Robot

And that's pretty much how I roll. Too OCD to make short character sheets.
    Current status: thinking up of a first New White post while waiting for Alaizia to post in Old Anarchis.

10. LordFlame

LordFlame Big Damn Hero

just to point it out I did mention she was weaker meaning if she did try to crush someone she would fail which is why there are thorns on the end and what I really meant by regeneration is if you cut her in half she would't die its not instant its somewhere near the rate a normal person grows she would heal meaning the only safe way to kill her would be to slice her head however I'd probably say she joins herself together with mini growths

11. m0k0n4

m0k0n4 Ketchup Robot

Don't blame Mia from running away at the first sight of massive danger, please. She and Christa lean toward survivors, not badass action girls that don't fear anything.
    Or you can just say it's not running away, but a strategic retreat to assess the situation better and conclude what to do next.

12. austriss

austriss Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You are doing great , exept you, as the GM should control the weather , setting and the police/swat or whatever security is in New White, you did mention that New White is a high security city, but overall pretty original and great.
    Spit it out! ;D

13. Horizons Reach

Horizons Reach Void-Bound Voyager

Late application, hopefully i could join?

Name: Joshua

Surname: Reach

Physical Appearance: 6'1, Average height really. As a child he was short and really obsessed about growing taller, so he
    did all kinds of crazy things to try to grow, turns out all he needed was to wait for his growth spurt. What a nutjob. He was
    fat. Was, but due to frequent starving due to being too lazy to warm up food, and obession with games, he ended up
    becoming somewhat muscular. Seriously, whats wrong with this kid. He has black hair, and long arms. He always wears a black
    suit, and black shoes.

Mental State ( 1 is sane, 10 is absolute bonkers ): 10, although not insane by standard definition, he occasionally has the
    most bonkers of ideas and prophecies, which for some reason sometimes comes true. He has only 2 states, either overzealously
    confident, and happy. Or sad and tired, and depressed. When he is obsessed with something, there is almost nothing that can stop
    him from accomplishing his goals. He also has an obsession with suits, and High Calibre Revolvers. Also likes cooking sometimes.

Moral Inclination ( Full Hero, Anti Hero, Anti Villain, Full Villain ): Strongly Anti Villan, but he's no hero.
    He holds strong belief in bureaucracy, to the point of his failing occasionally.

Power ( choose one major power or two minor powers, or a weakened major power and one minor power ): He has the power of
    leadership. Due to his strong belief in bureaucracy, he ended up in many seminars and the like. He can convince almost
    anyone to do anything withing reason, and when leading an army, he can overcome even the most tough of adversaries.
    He also commands a large section known as the Dynamic Hive Cell, a group of trained soldiers.

Weakness ( make it difficult to guess, you don't want to be stabbed in the back easily do you? ): He has an aversion to
    being hit with certain kinds of bullets. Not all bullets can kill him, but some can.

Background ( state how you got your power, magical awakening, or genetic mutation at a certain age ): As mentioned before,

his strong belief in bureaucracy led him to attend many seminars. He slowly developed the skills he has, and now he has no
    match in his field. Otherwise, he's rather unremarkable.

14. phanaton

phanaton Ketchup Robot

hmm, that is a form of telepathic superpower I believe, what do the rest of you guys think?

15. m0k0n4

m0k0n4 Ketchup Robot

Likely less of a 'superpower' and more like acquired skill. Insane levels of acquired skill. Similar to Alex's "Weapon Handling" as well as Christa's and Mia's "Trained". Just my opinion.

16. Horizons Reach

Horizons Reach Void-Bound Voyager

If Alex's weapon handling has anything to do with being awesome with Magnums/Revolvers i wish to marry him and make babies.

17. m0k0n4

m0k0n4 Ketchup Robot

Alex's "Weapon Handling" is stated as "Proficiency with any weaponizable object". So yes, it includes revolvers. He's already doing awesome things in the IC thread by dual-wielding S&W Model 500s.

BTW phanaton, if you're not going to send some of those things after Mia, I'll have her get close to Marc.

18. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

Yeah, thats how it goes.
    Why, thank you. Yeah, it applies to all things that are a weapon, were a weapon, or can be a weapon

19. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

Let me take care of that!

20. m0k0n4

m0k0n4 Ketchup Robot

BTW Flux, if your last IC post was referring to Mia... She was wearing a full-body hooded cloak with the hood on. Sure it's not hard to notice the overall smaller body frame, but...