1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

MISSING DERRICK-need help finding certain creature

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Yzzey, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Ultra mutant 336

Ultra mutant 336 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I don't think it really matters to be honest. A smile on my face and rocket minigun in my hands I will keep searching.

And I was met with a beautiful sight. Even on such a world as classified volcanic. It would seem impossible. But there it was.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=269625519

A starfall. A sign of luck? Perhaps. As that very well may have been what has brought me even this far. Hundreds of worlds searched. So many derricks. But too different. I can do better. I know it. The search will continue as it has before. Visiting home now and again to check on my terraces. Relax a bit with my friends.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=269630102

I've found one. He's still with me. If only his brother was too though...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=269631826

But I'm still looking... Maybe to give yellow derrick a new friend. A new family... It will continue.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    Legodude1237, Yzzey and SirKaldar like this.
  2. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

I've gone to many human bunkers and spread the word!
    I also made this!
    derrickposter.png

3. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

derrick would be that one monster who's only attack is fleeing.
    also we should probably pray more to the RNG gods so we could maybe get a bigger chance to land on the planet derrick is currently on when he's not jumping through space.

4. SugarShow

SugarShow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I found some Derrick.

5. Supergeek

Supergeek Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ok so here's what you do.

1) Write a script that runs Starbound using something like AutoHotKey, and uses mods and admin commands to obtain resources and repair the ship and fly to random star systems.
    2) The mods also make the player invulnerable. Explore the surface of every planet you come across.
    3) The mod takes a screenshot of every mob it encounters and compares it pixel by pixel to Derrick.
    4) For high percentage matches, the screenshots are automatically posted to a thread in the forum with the coordinates appended.
    5) Take donations.
    6) Replicate these sessions across ten thousand virtual machines through a cloud provider.

SirKaldar and Yzzey like this.
  6. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

I would if I wasn't completely shit at writing mods. :rofl:. I have absolutely no idea how to code.

7. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

It would be truly horrible if all of the Orange Derrick colors and parts weren't in the same biome...

beari78 likes this.
  8. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

you mean something like a Derrick with just a different colored tail?
    Yongzhi2000 would rage.

9. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

The Purple Plasma Derrick
    While mapping the Derrick DNA matches I had found, I recieved a report from my Derrick Search Droid V2.0, telling me that a Derrick had been found.
    thepurpleplasmaderrick.png
    Here's the report, with all of the unimportant things edited out.

Yzzey and beari78 like this.
  10. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

The Cute Bulb-Back Derrick
    I've received another search log, this time from Drone V1.7, an earlier model. Sadly, this drone doesn't support logs, so I only have the statistics.
    thecuteplantbackderrick.png

Yzzey likes this.
  11. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Existential Complex

@Owl_Stalker
    Just felt like saying . . .
    Double Post....
    X3

12. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

tombstone.jpg

rhomboid, Cost, M C and 4 others like this.
  13. beari78

beari78 Guest

:lod: :booty:

14. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Yeah, indeed. His back part is a fin-like structure, so he may be in an ocean biome. Not sure where his head would fit in, but his legs probably wouldn't fit in an ocean biome, so it would be likely that his parts would be scattered. ;-;

beari78 likes this.
  15. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

...So you're saying we need to find Derrick...
    Before the update?
    Unless we're all horribly misunderstanding the new system...

16. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

No, even if we find him, it's futile. Remember what happened the first time I lost him? His pod got replaced with some platypus tiger thing. The creature in the pod depends on the planet, so Derrick will probably change into something else even if we find him. I'd suggest holding off the search until the update, and spend time with your Derrick cousins and companions before they... Disappear...:cry:

17. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Mods.
    If I can understand how this "Biome Tag" on monster parts works, then I could potentially create a mod that reintroduces all monster parts (and colors) to all of the biomes.

18. Bass Glitch

Bass Glitch Void-Bound Voyager

You have another loyal search party, me and my friend are planet jumping, it is a hard and arduous processes, but it is for the greater good. all in search of derrick.

Yzzey likes this.
  19. Skarn

Skarn Existential Complex

In theory, isn't it possible to calculate this if you've seen the code for world generation?

To my knowledge, the creatures on a planet(like everything else) are tied to the world seed.

20. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

The Watchful Arachnid Derrick
    I've had yet another encounter with aggressive adult Derricks, an this one has more than eyes on the back of its head!
    thewatchfularachnidderrick.png
    I first saw the eye on its tail peer up from behind a bush. Then the entire beast emerged. Filled with fear of losing its territory, the beast rammed into me with its heavy body, knocking the air out of me. I'm lucky that my Cute Bulb-Back Derrick noticed the fight. It immediately intervened, jumping on the beast's back and biting the neck.

Statistics:
    • One matching part - Pronged Head
    • Capturable - No
    • Agressive
    • 40% identicle to the Orange Derrick
    Located at:

• X Zeta Mon Minoris I
    • X: 66372142
    • Y: -55217363

Serenity and MysticMalevolence like this.