1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

MISSING DERRICK-need help finding certain creature

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Yzzey, Jan 11, 2014.

1. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

I'm not sure about anybody else, but I have trouble finding the plated back. It seems more rare than the other pieces.

2. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

@Owl_Stalker How did you get that close-up of the Skull-Faced Yellow Descendant? Also, I'm gonna use your resemblance chart in my search, it's great! I found a %15 Derrick cousin on my most recent adventure.

SirKaldar likes this.
  3. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

The Space-Faring Albino Derrick
    Today, I discovered a creature disturbingly similar to Derrick.
    thespace-faringalbinoderrick.png
    First, I saw the oh so familiar back. Then I saw the face. It looked so much like him. Stunned with awe, the creature ceased the chance and spit a large blob of green acid at me. I managed to dodge it and escape. If there's one, there has to be more! I had though. To my pleasure, I found a whole nest of them in an abandon U.S.C.M. base - and took one as a pet.

Statistics:
    • Two matching part - Plated back, Thronged Head
    • Capturable - Yes
    • Agressive
    • 60% Identical too the Orange Derrick
    Located at:

• X Beta Sct 085 IV b
    • X: -49413956
    • Y: 42859463

SirKaldar and Yzzey like this.
  4. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Coralmaster's Derrick search log
    It's been too long. Way too long since I've last seen my friend. Wallowing in my own pity will do me no good. It's time I search. Take to the stars once more, and find my friend. Upon landing on a jungle planet, I stumbled upon a creature. Seeing it tuck into a fresh looking carcass, I deduced it was a predator, and retreated. Unfortunately, I couldn't hide from this beast, and it's superior vision. A quick excerpt from my audio log should cover the situation.
    [audio log begin]
    NONONONONO GET AWAY YOU [EXPLETIVE] ABOMINATION TAKE YOUR [EXPLETIVE] EYES WITH YOU NOBODY LOVES YOU YOU LITTLE [EXPLETIVE] GO AWAY I'LL TASE YOUR [EXPLETIVE] ASS
    *Audible sound of electricity crackling, followed by heavy breathing*
    [audio log end]

[​IMG]
    After repelling the foul creature, I stepped over it's charred body in distaste. As I trekked through the dense foliage, the air got more and more humid. It was quite comfortable, really. The climate on this planet is aedequate for me. The cool mist rolled through the air as I searched for the planet's remaining inhabitants. Misfortune struck soon after. I dashed through the jungle with my acquired tech, still wounded from the earlier encounter. I spotted a white object off in the distance, with a dark spot on it. Assuming it was a capsule of sorts, I dashed towards it in glee. My eyes had deceived me. What I had thought to be a capsule filled with goodies, turned out to be one of the planet's more hostile critters.
    [​IMG]
    The little buggers picked me up, with a strange force that I was unable to resist, and slammed me into the ground, breaking a few of my bones and
    eliciting a cry of pain. Over and over, my body struck the ground, breaking bones each time until I lapsed into unconsciousness. I woke up in my ship, woozy and drained. I returned to the planet, quickly searching for the last creature. I found it, and sighed in disappointment. Peaceful, but certainly not Derrick. I left the planet soon after, taking to the stars once more. Derrick WILL be found. I swear on my honor.
    [​IMG]
    -Coralmaster

5. MysticMalevolence

I wonder what Derrick's attacks will be when they chang the combat system...

SirKaldar, Yzzey, yclatious and 2 others like this.
  6. Tanek

Tanek Pangalactic Porcupine

Are you implying that Derrick is being held in some kind of hidden training facility where he is being forced to learn advanced fighting techniques? o_O

7. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

Due to attacks being tied to the head mechanic.... I would guess that the range attack would be electric (his forked forehead peace)
    he would have high defense or swimming (fin shell)
    and would move fast (raptor legs)

8. janusforbeare

janusforbeare Phantasmal Quasar

If by "hidden training facility" you mean "the abandoned warehouse down the street", and by "forced to learn advanced fighting techniques" you mean "being forced to compete in battles to the death with other Derricks for the amusement of the drunken, unwashed masses", then... no?

SirKaldar and beari78 like this.
  9. MysticMalevolence

:speechless:
    H-how did you...? I mean, um... *cough*cough* No! Of course not! He volunteered... I mean, no Derricks here! No top-secret training facilities where we teach monsters to tear the throats of agarans out! You have no evidence! :disguise:!

SirKaldar and Yzzey like this.
  10. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

If you have him in a fight club, and he gets killed, you and me are going to have a little problem...
    *cracks knuckles menacingly*

11. MysticMalevolence

Hey, hey, hey. First rule of fight club...

12. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Don't forget the second rule either.

13. IAmTheMilkMan

IAmTheMilkMan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Maybe Derrick evolved into the disgustingly adorable teddy bear in the music video for Radioactive. FIND ALEXANDRA DADDARIO! ooh she is smOKIN hot!

beari78 likes this.
  14. Lord Kain

Lord Kain Ketchup Robot

Well if i see something like it I'll let you know. Though I must say I do love how people are coming together to help first of all and second I love how people have fallen in love with the little critters of starbound already.

15. Miruku

Miruku Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I found this little guy while mining
    [​IMG]
    Same head and legs as your Derrick I tought.
    He is blue though, maybe he is choking or something.
    He was in the underground on X Sualocin 6059 II c (Sector X, on Windows, it's a snow planet)

SirKaldar, Yzzey and beari78 like this.
  16. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

He looks adorable! He's exactly %50 Derrick. Good work on the hunt!

17. SivCorp

Nice,

And completely unrelated... I love your user picture :up:

Back related... I still have not found any close relatives. I only report if it is at least 60% Derick level. The hunt continues

18. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

I think the closest match was the %75 Shiny Derrick we found a few pages back. It's the closest cousin to him so far.

19. SivCorp

Should update the OP with the increased list of cousins....

20. MysticMalevolence

Maybe the Derrick you originally found is the shiny Derrick, and the others are regular Derricks?