List of Announced Game Information (Retired due to release)

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Blue, Feb 24, 2012.

1. TuefelHundenIV

TuefelHundenIV Cosmic Narwhal

My mistake on pixels vs Voxels.

From the way the set up looked in the vid you may have to use separate panel devices for each door if you don't want them linked to a single control source.

Alpha_Squad likes this.
  2. Alpha_Squad

Alpha_Squad Cosmic Narwhal

Considering the size of those electronic block doodads, I wonder if trying to operate each door with its own panel will force players to use large amount of space to control all of them in a single room for larger complexes.

3. Blue

Blue Former Staff

It looked like purple was input signal, and red was output. That being said, it appears doors being opened could cause something to happen if you wanted. After watching this video. I am truly excited.

Cellbind likes this.
  4. KuraiRyuu

KuraiRyuu Space Kumquat

Yeah they can, if you connect the output to another thing's input(if that's how it works, might be other way around, im not good with this stuff). In one of the streams, Tiy connected a line of like 7 doors, connected from left to right. When he opened one, they all opened really fast in a row, it looked cool.

5. HunterUTF

HunterUTF Void-Bound Voyager

You guys have any info about travel video ? It was "coming soon" but ... Like you see, nothing .

By the way, good info for polish people : We've made website about Starbound. Link is in my profile . ( I dunno about advertasing so i don't want to risk . )

blind sniper likes this.
  6. Psst!.. Watch this...
    Nice site! I think you may ask Administration (OmnypotentEntity?) to put a link on the main page - we have this for French, German & Russian communities, why not Polish?:whoop:
    I smell a trap...:cautious:

Alpha_Squad likes this.
  7. HunterUTF

HunterUTF Void-Bound Voyager

I saw live, but Tiy said that isn't final vesion of " space traveling " and I hope so that we'll be able to using drop ship directly on a planet not just teleport .
    Secound thing is that i already wrote to admins about website, but I haven't receive answer yet.

It's november and we still have a little bit few gameplays :(

8. kesvalk

kesvalk Cosmic Narwhal

the new construction video shows a new species, resembles a gray physically (at least the big black eyes)

9. That's a plant person. Already announced before the video.

10. Zellman

Zellman Existential Complex

Well technically we don't know what it is called. The community calls it a plant person, but the devs haven't told us what kind of a creature it is.

Edit: it seems that they may be called "Florans" which would make "plant people" a decent moniker.

11. TuefelHundenIV

The youtube from the construction video says the travel vid is still to come. That link didn't work btw.

12. LulItsIan

LulItsIan Pangalactic Porcupine

Miscellaneous -
    I remember reading somewhere that all blocks make different sounds when you walk on them... I'm pretty sure it was an an IRC chatlog.

13. KuraiRyuu

KuraiRyuu Space Kumquat

Yes, along with descriptions for pretty much everything and lots of stuff to interact with.

14. Mobon1

Mobon1 Orbital Explorer

You can actually hear them in the recent gameplay video.

15. LulItsIan

LulItsIan Pangalactic Porcupine

Asked a few questions today on IRC while Tiy was on. Here's a couple of bits I found out

[15:21] <Lulitsian> Actually, I do have a question... Tiy, what kind of bonuses/mechanics will techs/accessory thingies generally provide? O:
    [15:22] <@Tiy> allll sorts of things Lulitsian
    [15:22] <@Tiy> I don't know where to start
    [15:22] <Lulitsian> But... I want to know if they provide stat bonuses like 20% more of this, or just stuff like double jumping
    [15:23] <@Tiy> both Lulitsian
    [15:23] <Lulitsian> Yay! :3 Thanks, Tiy!

So techs are probably going to provide flat stat bonuses, added mechanics, and other fun stuff. :3

[15:30] <Lulitsian> Oh, another one. Tiy, what determines who monsters try to attack when multiple players are involved? Is there, say, a threat system? Or is it whoever attacks them last/Whoever is closer/something like that?
    [15:31] <@Tiy> Lulitsian at the mommment its whoever is closest, but, that will probably change

Maybe tank-like roles will exist. O:

Catoosie likes this.
  16. TuefelHundenIV

Was looking at the build vid and noticed the ledge over one door looks like it has some sort of electrical deterrent.

17. Zellman

Zellman Existential Complex

"electrical deterrent..."
    That is a very nice way of saying death trap.

Woodbin likes this.
  18. TuefelHundenIV

Actually I should have said electrified structure :p

Well there is no way to tell if it is instantly lethal or a zap and knock back kinda deal. That is if it is a functional item rather then decorative.

19. Admiral CherryTurnover

Admiral CherryTurnover Cosmic Narwhal

Hopefully it will stay around 2.0, since any OpenGL version higher than that will undoubtedly crash my pc due to incompatibilities. :(

20. Deathend

Deathend Pangalactic Porcupine

i hope some kind of detector ray, if the is one, my base is going to be full of trapdoors that lets you fall on a pit full of electric rays and acid...
    mmmm i love the scent of fresh meat burning and melting in the morning.....

Woodbin likes this.