List of Announced Game Information (Retired due to release)

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Blue, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Alpha_Squad

Alpha_Squad Cosmic Narwhal

This unedited video has given me more information about the game than all of the other videos combined. It does appear to be wise to jump over the electrical hazard. Oh man and the first time I have seen combat too it seems pretty fast paced. Fish is totally OP and the freeze gun is awesome.

2. Hukasu

Hukasu Cosmic Narwhal

enemarius86, Passarbye and Cirom like this.
  3. enemarius86

enemarius86 Cosmic Narwhal

where did you get this???

4. TuefelHundenIV

TuefelHundenIV Cosmic Narwhal

Woo hoo for underwater and Robots. Now if that means we get underwater structures and things do underwater that would be even better.

yes that vid was so entertaining because I love watching someone play super mario.

5. DNAY!

DNAY! Ketchup Robot

OH MY GOD!!! THERE'S A FRICKIN' PENGUIN IN THAT UFO!!!
    (see picture)

6. Alpha_Squad

Alpha_Squad Cosmic Narwhal

Glorious! I really do think that they will release this game by the end of the year. It seems that they are just putting in the last of their implementations.

7. TuefelHundenIV

I have been wondering how far along they are with the player races specifically.

Two of the six races have known themes. The Avians and the Apex. I am assuming humans are the default/vanilla/generic theme.

We can guess what the themes for the Floran, (Aquan/Aquarian/whatever their name will be) Aquatic race, and the Robot race will be but we could be quite surprised. I am thinking the Floran's will have a blend of bilogical plant stuff and tech. You know cybernetic plants kinda look. The water race I think will be well under water or a "fish bowl on the table" kind of aesethic. As for the robots that one can go anywhere from the robot civs in the matrix, something like borg ships only with nothing but machines instead of the cyborgs, terminators or a mix.

8. veribigbos

veribigbos Void-Bound Voyager

In my opinion the list needs 100% more vehicle info ;)

Woodbin likes this.
  9. TuefelHundenIV

That is true we haven't heard much on vehicles at all or if they are even still in the game.

10. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

:( its not working

11. TuefelHundenIV

It takes a bit to load and just shows a someone playing mario.

12. Then try this.

TuefelHundenIV likes this.
  13. TuefelHundenIV

Thanks Blind.

We should keep in mind this is not final material and various items can change by the time release hits.

14. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

is it the same as the first you linked ? cause ive already seen that one

15. Same. There's a lot of planet travels though:unsure: Is it?
    Indeed. At least people can form an idea of how things work.

16. TuefelHundenIV

Agreed and again thank you for the link. I had not seen that vid yet. Also gave me more material for the Starbound thread I started on another forum.

17. Woodbin

Woodbin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think we just got some info about vehicles.
    [​IMG]

...well, ok, it's today's random monster, but hey, a monkey tank is still a vehicle, amirite?!

nababoo and Ateerix like this.
  18. TuefelHundenIV

I meant player pilotable vehicles.

After having watched the vid and noting the time stamp I am thinking this will be a release early next year. It would be a pleasant surprise for this year but I have doubts.

Woodbin likes this.
  19. Eight

Eight Pangalactic Porcupine

That was Tiy. Try going forward a few minutes.

20. Florans need to be added to the race list. :virorb:

WoxandWarf likes this.