1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

How to revitilize the Spacestation Concept

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Alluvian_Est-Endrati, Apr 16, 2013.

?

Do you think the space station should still be a part of the game in some way?

1. Yes

360 vote(s)
    90.5%
  2. No

38 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. Google translate with not helping me with that word, it translates it to another words in my main lang i never heard off! :facepalm:

2. Zephiron

Zephiron Pangalactic Porcupine

Maybe I'll sound a bit ignorant, but how would we be supposed to make spaceships interact in multiplayer exactly ? I mean, if the server's max slot capacity goes around 15 to 16, I can't figure out how would everyone meet the same orbit with their own ships. Maybe the player command pannel would work as a lobby to teleport to other players' ships...really, I don't know.

Axe Garian likes this.
  3. DeadlyLuvdisc

DeadlyLuvdisc Oxygen Tank

I think when you check your control panel on your ship, you will have the option to send an invite over to another person's ship. Then the next time that player checks their control panel, they'll be notified about the invitation and will transport to your ship if they accept it.

It means I didn't intend to be taken literally. I was being silly.

Axe Garian, bounding star and Bacon like this.
  4. Zephiron

Zephiron Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh, okay, sounds pretty fair to me. Actually, such game would highly benefit from these ingame friend lists/pannels, even though the SteamComm already does the job like a charm. It simplifies things so much, aside from being a lot more immersive (like giving emergency call to an allied fleet !)

Axe Garian and bounding star like this.
  5. bounding star

bounding star Existential Complex

Bumping because I was really looking forward to the space stations in this game and I still want to see them in there :barefeet:

6. Gaikang

Gaikang The Number of the Minibeast

It's admittedly quite a bit more work, but I'm still surprised they copped out and went with the standard issue-esque Spaceships.

7. thisisbleep

thisisbleep Void-Bound Voyager

Constructing a space station would be a good thing for end game when you have lots of resources and nothing to spend them on. :)

8. bounding star

Well I like the idea of starting of with a run down abandoned space station and repairing it and finding out why it is there. You could still park your dropship in it like planned and upgrade it with different purpose built rooms. I think it would look better than the spaceship, I think that looks weird.

Axe Garian likes this.
  9. Ferigad

Ferigad The Number of the Minibeast

But please, they should, if they are decide to bring space stations back (i think it´s a great idear ^^), make it somewhere in the updates after the game is finished. The worst thing happens to games in devolopment is to add features every 2 weeks because you had another good idear. Somewhere you must start to say "stop" and put it on a to do list for things to come after release.

Axe Garian, bounding star and Lycaon like this.
  10. Shadowyc

Shadowyc Void-Bound Voyager

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Facetious?s=t <-- :D
    And if that was sarcasm, I am sorry for not realizing it.

Axe Garian and Bacon like this.
  11. Not it wasn't, there are some really uncommon words that even translating to my language, it ends up in a word we don't really use, then that helped a lot. ;)

Axe Garian likes this.
  12. bounding star

Wow, did you see the latest tweet and update? It looks like Tiy might be working on space stations after all!
    He just has to decide wheather to put them in the game but we can do that for him. YES!

EDIT: here's the tweet: image.jpg

13. Lynx88

Lynx88 Phantasmal Quasar

He said new ship though, not space station. I hope our suggestions changed their minds on putting in a space station, but I wouldn't hold my breath until its officially confirmed. ;)

Axe Garian and bounding star like this.
  14. bounding star

Well would you look at that daily update!

FrozenFlame likes this.
  15. FrozenFlame

FrozenFlame Giant Laser Beams

Do note though, that's being worked on SUNDAY. Let's not get too excited.

16. FenixR

FenixR Cosmic Narwhal

And that it may not be on release or even Final game. It would be cool to have though

Axe Garian likes this.
  17. Ateerix

Ateerix Pangalactic Porcupine

I was right! 8D

Axe Garian likes this.
  18. cutting edge

cutting edge Star Wrangler

what about an upgradeable ship that becomes more of a home as it upgrades.

19. claudekennilol

claudekennilol Space Kumquat

The ship already gets bigger/more rooms as you progress.

20. Regal Kain

Regal Kain Space Kumquat

I'd like to see something of a mobile space station, not in the sense of orbiting any particular planet, but something that could move like your normal ship does. IT just takes a great deal more fuel. This way if people wanted a common base they didn't have to re-setup everytime they moved. They could have one, they'd just have to found mountains of coal or other such fuel sources to move it, when they finally wiped out the resources in the nearest systems.

As others have said, it could also be a hub for large multiplayer servers. Or servers that have multiple clans/groups on it etc. They could make their own space station to show their dominance in an area etc etc. I dunno, I like the idea of a huge space station, I was also for the idea of allowing us to use blocks to build and expand the base ship as well, instead of just pre-designed rooms.

Axe Garian likes this.