Decaying planet, a chance to rebuild.

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Panda, Sep 24, 2012.

?

Do you think this a good idea?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No (If you post a reason I'll try to fix it)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Undecided (maybe post what you would want to see?)

2.8%
  1. Panda

Panda Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]
    Decaying Planet
    I will be updating this daily if I get enough feedback, maybe even create a specific boss that is always on the planet, along with other terrors....

Description of the Planet
    I was thinking that there should be a planet which has fallen due to some reason (carnivorous monster plants, zombies, etc..) , and nearly all of intelligent life has fallen. The 'survivors' live a nomadic life, just trying to survive day to day because no 'leader' has arisen to regroup, and build a new civilization. The technology of these survivors is extremely limited, and they struggle to find food and any available weapons.

Is there anything left of past civilizations?
    Yes, skyscrapers that are half destroyed, underground tunnels, towns, cities etc.. The survivors will try to rebuild these establishments

Is there anything I can do to save them?
    Yes there is! When you arrive on this planet, you may have to search for the survivors and gain their trust, or to try and save yourself from attackers. You then will have to rebuild and regroup what is left of the world, kill the enemy, and save the planet! However, sadly, it's not this simple. You will have to do quests to find materials, constant fighting, and also you will have to make choices that will affect your growing civilization. Maybe this examples will help:
    *When you attempt to rebuild the skyscraper, that stupid guy Tommy accidentally takes down an entire wall. Your choice is either to kill him and lower morale, however also have no more stupid mistakes from him, or let him live and take the risk he'll ruin yet another thing, stupid Tommy.
    What else can I do during the rebuild stage?
    We all know rebuilding can get boring so put some love into it! If you find some of your favorite paint, paint yout buildings that color! If you finally want to be a king in your world, create some ads like "Panda's World". You can customize almost every aspect of your world, and once you reach a real government, make some new, cool looking outfits for your boring looking workers.
    What else?
    How can I find this miserable planet?
    The chances of finding these planets are extremely low, new ones are created every day, however old ones are dying off as the planet loses life completely! But you can improve your chances, if your character is holding an old fashioned radio, an extremely rare drop, there is a chance he/she will receive a radio transmission from a dying planet!
    I don't get this!
    Check out this example!
    You arrive on the planet and you think you see life from your spaceship. You fly down to ask them where the nearest gas station is, however as you tap his shoulder he turns around and attempts to bite you! You have no choice but to shoot him and the rest of the hoard run at you. You kill them all but keep one to interrogate. The only thing you learn is that these people are crazy, and not to be trusted. After weeks of killing these, zombies, you find a campsite under attack in the top floor of a skyscraper. Excited to meet new life you save them from death, gain their luck and help them rebuild a new civilization.
    What's the threat level?
    The average is 80-40, so a pretty dangerous planet. However those are the starting threat levels, as time progresses and the terrors of the planet start to win, the threat level will increase! So better get there quick!
    Pressing shift every time I'm stung is a waste of time!
    Don't fear because the new bio-sword attachment is now available! The attachment is placed onto the handle of any sword, after the attachment is finished the sword will pulse a dark, shadowy light. None of the stats of the original sword will be lost and the attachment gives no extra stats, except for the effect of being immune to the sedation, and effectively monster plants. You can only buy this attachment (from any NPC) after you kill the Slizard.

What can spawn here?
    Spike Wings-
    Pterodactyl like birds that are the size of 4 humans. These birds were on the verge of extinction until some mad scientist cross bred them with hedgehogs, the result is terrifying. The birds developed large spikes on their wings that are famous for never letting go. The heads of these beasts turned to a weapon as 3 massive spikes, each the size of a grown mans head, developed between their eyes. There is no easy known way of killing these beasts as no one has learned their weaknesses, and survived. These beasts are extremely protective of their young, "Winglets", and will go through any means as to protect them.
    The Ravisher-
    A human sized worm which is extremely protective of the decaying bodies it finds and eats. It contains razor sharp teeth and a large jaw able to swallow a quarter of a human at once. Most of the time you will find Ravishers eating dead/decaying bodies on the surface of the ground. You'll usually only see the head as it slowly eats away at the body. It'll be neutral unless you impose a danger that might steal the food. If you're near the surface, underground, you might see the rest of the body of the Ravisher, you'll never see both the head and the body unless you kill the Ravisher which it then drops close to nothing.
    Monster Plants, The Stingers-
    These plants are extremely dangerous , they're hard to distinguish from normal plants, and they pack heavy sedation in their stings. They are also the size of half a human, and rely on their sting to kill animals for food. If you are unlucky enough to be stung you will have to try to fight the sedation by pressing "shift" over and over again. If you're not pressing 'shift' fast enough your screen will gradually get darker as you lose the battle, and clearer if you're gaining on resisting the sedation. If you happen to let the sedation overcome you will be slowly eaten alive...
    Monster Plants, The Trappers-
    Relatives of the other plant species, The Stingers. Although these plants act in the same way they are vastly different in both size and attack, they will also camouflage although in many variations. They're attack includes swallowing the player in which case the player will have to fight his way through the plants body. Check out the full thread http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/trappers.10643/#post-316604.​
    Original Monsters-
    The original inhabitants of the planet will remain on the planet, with a higher frequency of attacking the player on sight. These monsters will sometimes be found breeding and merging with the plants, however there is also a chance you will see a monster plant eating one of these monsters...
    Bosses
    "Slizard"
    Toxic Sludge lizard
    An extreme variation of a classical Lizard, enlarged in size and the ability to live in, and spew out toxic sludge. This rare creature is extremely hard to find, even on Decaying Planet's which is the only planet it can live in. Slizard's are about the size of 4 humans stacked on top of each other, and 2.5 humans packed together (width). Slizard's can attack using their tongues by pounding the enemy with their tongue which is covered in sizzling toxic sludge. The Slizard's key attack is "Stomp", which the Slizard jumps up and down causing area damage to any enemies. The third and last attack of the Slizard is to spit toxic sludge out of its mouth. This sludge contains extremely poisonous sludge that can pierce all armor and all shields. If the sludge hits the enemy the player/monster will have poison damage for 10 seconds. When the Slizard spits it follows and arching path which for every block it travels, will drop one block.
    Credit to planet picture goes to Bombzero

2. iHodzic

iHodzic Orbital Explorer

Awesome idea! :D

3. Sonja

Sonja Pangalactic Porcupine

This sounds like a nice idea! If finding civilization remnants were a rare occurrence, that would make it so much better.

Perhaps wielding a towel would make it far more likely to run across one of these worlds?

4. Panda

Panda Big Damn Hero

Love the idea :redpanda:. I'll try to incorporate something like that :D

5. Shock

Shock Spaceman Spiff

I'd love to rebuild a planet. Name it Chipplanet and all. Great suggestion!

6. Panda

Panda Big Damn Hero

Made an edit to add something like that...

7. Sounds spooky.. thumbs up for you! :up:

8. Panda

Panda Big Damn Hero

Made the edits, it's now press 'shift' key over and over, font is now 3

9. This is an awesome idea! I just love the idea of having a civilization that I made from scratch be my home base

10. Panda

Panda Big Damn Hero

Does it now deserve (;):devil:) a like?

11. Panda

Panda Big Damn Hero

Lol, think of it this way, once you're sedated you won't (correction:can't) move, so sneaking is basically useless/impossible because your main priority then is to get out of the sedation.

12. Panda

Panda Big Damn Hero

@ Wox, :) and if you're good at pixel are maybe you want to create a better view of the planet?
    Also if I reach 10 likes I'll put it a major update, listening to all for anything they would want to see in this planet. And maybe neaten up the post :up:

13. alex

alex Void-Bound Voyager

10 likes have just been reached. i really like these kind of things, like helping survivors and rebuilding civilization. you sir, have earned a like and hope that this will be in the game.

14. Con7Rad7

Con7Rad7 Giant Laser Beams

Maybe there should be an antidote/ preventative solute that stops the sedatives from effecting you, hitting shift over and over again can get pretty annoying.

As for creatures, how about you add some giant scavengers to the mix? Could see the fall of civilization leading to them.
    -A Large hyenna-like wolf with patchy fur and bloodshot eyes, covered in random mutations and the sort, about the height of 1 and a half humans and several humans wide, come in packs of 4-6, have a bite that contains bacteria that work surprisingly a lot like the sedative.

15. 10 votes have been reached, not ten likes :p

Lotsa support for this idea, though

16. alex

alex Void-Bound Voyager

oh, miss read the thing then.

17. Panda

Panda Big Damn Hero

Already thought of an answer to the first part, however will try to include something like the hyena, although maybe not a hyena :unsure:

18. Panda

Panda Big Damn Hero

Made all edits that were requested, and something on monster plants :speechless:, still looking for any pixel-artists out there :mad:.

PS. I have 8 likes two more and big update, BTW I will do these *like meters* as to see if my edits are actually being supported or if there just a mere :giggle: fail :(

19. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

This sounds cool.
    Hope you enjoy my Trapper plant :sneaky:

20. Panda

Panda Big Damn Hero

Of course :)