1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Character Names

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Juggernaught, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Stittch

Stittch Void-Bound Voyager

Schnitzelsnap Cupidfingers sounds pretty good to me. :up:

2. Heartstrings

Heartstrings Giant Laser Beams

His words are backed with nuclear weapons!

BloodyFingers likes this.
  3. adma

adma Intergalactic Tourist

I like to theme names around the race, relating more to the animal they are e.g my Avian called Talon, my Hylotl called Starfish and my Novakid 'Space Cowboy' :)

4. Arkax

Arkax Scruffy Nerf-Herder

my glitch is called Toast
    my avian is called BeakFest

5. Emwok

Emwok Poptop Tamer

I would try to figure out what culture each race was based on and give them a name from that culture.

I would probably look up Russian names for an Apex character since they remind me of the old Soviet Union. I would name an Avian after some sort of Aztec deity (or just a random Aztec name). I might name a Glitch Victor (Victor from FO New Vegas) or give him an old English name and I would give a Hylotl a Japanese name. The Floran sort of remind me of Native Americans so I would probably look up Native American names.

6. grand ssspace hunter

grand ssspace hunter Void-Bound Voyager

i actually really like a lot of the names the randomizer comes up with, so i've been sticking with them. my current character is a novakid called Hexen Badlande, which imo is beautiful

7. Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon Poptop Tamer

Since i play the Human race, i called my toon Flash Gordon, because i love the comics, and this game kinda reminds me of the comics.

BloodyFingers likes this.
  8. jaml96

jaml96 Void-Bound Voyager

None of your names beat the magically randomly generated human "Boatfish"

9. DivineMalevolence

DivineMalevolence Big Damn Hero

Floran isss named Dayweaver.
    Floran likes to play with vines, tie them up, make rope and hook and ssswing.
    Had habit of doing at dawn. One day Floran got sick, didn't weave at dawn. It rained, other Floran say weaver not weave, day not come. Must weave day, perhapsss, isss dayweaver.

10. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

Oh, I now have a Novakid named Oxy McCoy. Made by the name generator itself. Very nice old western sounding name, that is. :>

Oxide likes this.
  11. noxlupus

noxlupus Void-Bound Voyager

Randomly generated Novakid's name, Butyl Fandango. Sounds like a Novan innuendo.

12. Nannynonads

Nannynonads Void-Bound Voyager

I used a randomly generated Floran named Meatslapper. Better than what I can think of

13. LeoKitsune

LeoKitsune Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Never forget the best name the random generator has ever given.

All Hail the human Zap Cop.

14. HI-MAX²

HI-MAX² Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Heck! My Glitch should be called HI-MAX² (Mega Man X + Shining Force) but unfortunately the "²" isn't accepted.

Looks like I'll have to content myself with DRM-Free.

15. Zen Master

Zen Master Phantasmal Quasar

El Grapadora ( The Stapler) is a character I've been wanting to play for a while now. He's a space traveling luchador who, with his trusty folding chair, fights injustice though out the galaxy . He has a simple code, " You got a problem settle it in the ring, brother!"

Now you have to build him right to fit the aesthetic. First you have to get the luchador mask, then a powerful folding chair. For tech you have to at least get the ground smash, that coupled with either the double jump or the rocket jump allows you to get above your opponents to max out the stylishness of ground smashing into the midst of your enemies.

The only reason i haven't made the character yet is because I'm waiting for the armor racial trait mechanic to be put in the game, that way i can get the high tier, melee avian armor and glide around my opponents in true wrestling style. Also im waiting to see if there is going to be a nude vanity set which i could use to make my character constantly shirtless without sacrificing armor protection

16. Casmyr

Casmyr Big Damn Hero

You sir are a scholar, and an inspiration.

I myself have had a few different Hylotl; Brosidon, Brosidon II, but now I chose to be more serious (as a nightly) Depthstrider, for my love of running around underwater. Yet I also have a strange like for the decripts of the highertier Hylotl armor, fighting the creatures of the depths. Like leviathan, kraken, anglerfish, lawyers, and their ilk.

sansy and Zen Master like this.
  17. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

My main character is a ramblin' Novakid dilettante name Nym Galtby. Galtby was a generated name and Nym refers to a character in an obscure off-Broadway adaptation of Shakespeare's The Merry Wives of Windsor set in the American wild west.

18. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Mah Floran, June, is partially because June's just a name I've always liked and tend to default to when using female characters I can choose the name for... and partially as that's the kind of noises I "hear" coming out of Floran, though she'd pronounce it more Joooon. I envision their language as a combination of click-tongue sounds and woodwind-like wails and whistles (the latter leading to the translation computers' penchant for dragging out their ssss's).