1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Character Names

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Juggernaught, Dec 3, 2014.

1. FrostedS0ulz

FrostedS0ulz Void-Bound Voyager

i put a little too much thought into my character names tbh, lmao. i usually just go with stuff that's easy to remember, catchy, and fits the personality. If you're really stuck just take a word you like and add a couple letters on the end to make it catchy! Another thing i love to think about is the ability to make up nicknames, bc i love nicknames so much holy crap

I.E. i have a hylotl named Skiptis (last name Tidefoam) but her nickname is Skip, or Skipper works too ! (More examples include a Familiar named Bitnik and a Novakid named Rico...)

basically i love creating naming characters so much and i hope you find this useful in some way :cool:

Juggernaught likes this.
  2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Thissss issss Flora the Floran. I love this name. First i wanted to take the human race but then i saw the floran and i thought this would fit much better. My Novakid is named "Akuma" and my Avian is named "Raijin".
    Akuma stands for devilish fire demon.
    Raijin stands for storm god of thunder and lightning.

Lavranzo and Juggernaught like this.
  3. Heartstrings

Heartstrings Giant Laser Beams

You wouldn't happen to be Japanese, would you?

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

No i'm not japanese, i'm german ^.^ but i like their culture. And i love mythology of all kind. :3

5. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Ya could do what I do, make your Character Name = to your Starbound Forum Name, like I did. :p

Juggernaught likes this.
  6. gingerskittles

gingerskittles Subatomic Cosmonaut

I just like to use the randomize button on the name creator until I get one to my liking. They're lore friendly and it's fun to see all the different combinations! :nod:

Juggernaught likes this.
  7. Demetrius_CF

Demetrius_CF Big Damn Hero

For my human I just go with Demetrius.

Juggernaught likes this.
  8. Fluff

Fluff Title Not Found

I just use Fluff for everything and everyone. Idunno, I'm Fluff and I view my characters as myself.. so yeah, Fluff.

Juggernaught likes this.
  9. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

I tend to use the random name generator if i dont allredy have one picked out in advance.

For example: hade a floran named "Dirt Digger". Suited her since she was a farmer (but people were realy upset to see a floran with a real floran name on that rp server xD).

Juggernaught likes this.
  10. Frostfall

Frostfall Big Damn Hero

I tend to use plant names for floran. My usual is Snowdrop for a color modified floran I like playing, Kestral for my Avian, and Frostfall for my Avali.

Juggernaught likes this.
  11. Aegis J Hyena

Aegis J Hyena Existential Complex

I just mash the keyboard and rearrange the letters. Failing that I'll wander to the Seventh Sanctum generators and use those; they've never failed me yet.

Juggernaught likes this.
  12. Athauxan

Athauxan Pangalactic Porcupine

My Bonnie-and-Clyde-esque Novakid duo are named Damian Dioxide and Cyanide Sally.

13. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

I name my character Character.

14. Feera

Feera Subatomic Cosmonaut

I do Fluffy, because my Avian is nothing but!

15. Nos37

Nos37 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I named my Novakid Nitrous Oxhide. I used Oxhide instead of Oxide because of their western cowboy theme...

Heartstrings and Oxide like this.
  16. Zarakai

Zarakai Title Not Found

I name my characters according to their species.
    I use mole salamanders names for my Hylotls, so I've got Silvense or Velasci (Ambystoma silvense, Ambystoma velasci)
    I use barn owls names for my Avians so I've got Tenebricosa or Alba (Tyto tenebricosa, Tyto alba).

Don't know what I'll take for humans, Glitches, and Novakids, though.

Feera likes this.
  17. Lavranzo

Lavranzo Pangalactic Porcupine

When I was a kid, I had a small avian-esque, bird plush, which I called Fluffy. And I didn't even know what "Fluffy" meant. (Because I'm not from an english-speaking country)

EDIT: Managed to find a picture! :O

[​IMG]

Double edit: To remain on track of the thread, I usually call my characters something that adresses a certain theme, and then I'll go for that theme.
    Example-wise: Nighthunter, I'll do a dark, human, hunter type.
    Cutesypants, I'll do, you know, something cute. (Pants from a mushroom-minibiome on an avian! :O)
    And the like...

Feera and Heartstrings like this.
  18. Feera

Feera Subatomic Cosmonaut

Veryyy cute and neat story =) thanks for sharing heheh..and I like Nighthunter better for your SB characters xD

Lavranzo likes this.
  19. Ashland Traveller

Ashland Traveller Void-Bound Voyager

Makes me think of "Death the Kid" from Soul Eater :D(even though I guess the more obvious reference would be "Billy the Kid") I named my first Novakid just "Kid Nova", but I thought that was way to uncreative. ^^ Second was a female Novakid by the name of "Blue Valkyrie" - her plasma was blue, of course.

Also I once had a golden Glitch that was named "Glimmer" a long time ago. Good ol' Glimmer ... was beautiful time until he got wiped.

My current character is an Avian called "Qrow". Was the first name that came to my mind. Sadly, I did not came up with this clever name by my own - got the idea from the animated webseries RWBY, which has a character by this name.

If I am ever going to play as a Floran, his name will definitely be "Groot". For we all are Groot.

Lavranzo and Feera like this.
  20. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

I'm a Glitch named RoboGandhi ™.

Casmyr likes this.