1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Beam down bacon

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Gnomechompski, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Gnomechompski

Gnomechompski Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sooooo

When you beam down from your ship to a planet, you seems to beam down on a random location on the planet, and then each time you wil beam back down, you will always beam to that location.

Anyone knows if there is a way to choose where to beam down? Like a beacon or something that you could put in your base and always beam there?

2. Marianne Asteri

Marianne Asteri Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm sorry, I read the title for your thread and thought of beaming down strips of hot, juicy, crispy fried pork and was drooling.
    Then I came in and read your post and was so disappointed. :(

And I don't know if there's any beacon yet. Maybe the others who aren't overwhelmed by the thought of food would know?

3. lol bacon!

Well each planet do have one spawn set, the ship > planet travel always uses that spawn. Maybe you can set a spawn or not, on all streams till now the spawn point is always the same, they always run to the place they were. Since you always respawn on your ship, unless you make one house with some item that clones you again on the planet, i'm unsure how will that work but we will find soon enough.

4. Gnomechompski

Gnomechompski Scruffy Nerf-Herder

yeah you always beam down at the same spot, but what if you make your base at a 5mins walk from the defautl beam down location, I hope there is a way to change it so you dont always have to walk that distance when you beam up and down from your ship!

edit : And yeah, beaming down bacon at your location should really be a feature :)

5. Retnuh

Retnuh Space Penguin Leader

I'd imagine this would get added pretty soon or is already in and they just didn't get to that tier. If not, it'll get added with the beaming down bacon mod.

6. Simon Petrikov

Simon Petrikov Ketchup Robot

I thought this was a poke at @Bacon damnit. but in the stream they said they were working on an item that you place down that would change your beam location to it till broken.

Bacon likes this.
  7. Sowaka

Sowaka Phantasmal Quasar

It's an intended but not yet implemented feature. They'll also later add teleporters to take you to different locations on the planet

8. TheLoanArranger

TheLoanArranger Ketchup Robot

And to different planets entirely.

9. PurpleSquirel43

PurpleSquirel43 Pangalactic Porcupine

I thought one of the devs said that it'll be changeable at some point.

10. Came in for the bacon, stayed for the discussion.

I would hope there are platforms you can build once you get enough mats to be able to beam from your ship to the new spawn location.

11. Science_Core

Science_Core Space Spelunker

I imagine if this is going to be implemented at some point, yes.

Hopefully it does allow you to beam down bacon.

12. Loksoral

Loksoral Void-Bound Voyager

This sounds like a delightful feature, beaming down bacon.

Or, alternatively, we could beam down Bacon. He'd be a guard, for my house. He'd be overpowered, though, with his awesomeness.

13. BabaBooey

BabaBooey Master Chief

I came here in search of bacon, but OP did not deliver, however, I will!!!

[​IMG]

Aeon, Idlemind and Gnomechompski like this.
  14. Felonious

Felonious Existential Complex

Aaah. Beacon. I see. I thought the same thing for a long time. And I'd like to see such a thing added, whether now, or after beta, or whenever.

15. penguin055

penguin055 Pangalactic Porcupine

I thought this thread was about beaming down bacon from your ship... I think I'm gonna go cry because I have no bacon.

16. Jurmey

Jurmey Space Hobo

how do i beam back up to my ship?

arneonly likes this.
  17. AlexanderLaheij

AlexanderLaheij Void-Bound Voyager

Please let them change this fast. I don't want the game to tell me where to build my house. =/

18. bazvink

bazvink Star Wrangler

Ok, my derp moment for today: I read "mats" and thought: "mats? what does he want to do, make a big pile of mats (= rugs) that he can fall on safely from his ship???"

Then I realized you meant MATerialS.... :facepalm:

DotBeta likes this.
  19. sacOmatic

sacOmatic Poptop Tamer

on the panel far right there is an arrow pointing up. hope that helped.

20. John Doe

John Doe Starship Captain

Hi guys,

I think that having the option to place a beaming beacon is important. However, I don't want the devs to make it so easy to do.

I think in order to have the ability to build a beaming beacon, you're going to need certain structures on a planet. For example, a space station, once you have built a space station then you can build smaller beacons around the planet for which you can beam too.