1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed 100% CPU usage = LAGS

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Nightrunner91, Feb 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nightrunner91

Nightrunner91 Master Chief

I don't have a good PC, but I played Starbound on 30 fps before Giraffe update and it was playable. Except lags on bases, of course. Now I can't handle it, because lags on a surface of planets are extremely powerful (on the ship FPS is pretty good though).

Here is CPU usage on the ship:
    2015-02-01 18-42-1.jpg
    And here when I beam to planet:
    2015-02-01 18-43-35.jpg

My specs are:
    DualCore Intel Pentium D 915, 2800 MHz
    NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT (512 Мб)
    2 Gb RAM
    Windows XP SP3

Temperature of CPU and VGA are fine.

Also I tried to resolve "ACCESS VIOLATION" problem with that solution, may be lags are because of this?

P.S.: sorry my english

2. Afflicted One

Afflicted One Phantasmal Quasar

There is definitely some sort of memory leak issue with the most recent patch. Even with 8gb of ram my FPS gradually declines the the point of unplayability.

3. Nightrunner91

Nightrunner91 Master Chief

Yeah, you're right. Something is wrong with the game, it can't demand 100% CPU usage all time.

3rd February update made me happy for a while, because game looked more smoothly for a few minutes but underground FPS dropped to 15-20 and CPU usage was 100% again. :/
    2015-02-03 16-41-2.jpg

On the ship all is fine still.

I tried to launch game both with starbound.exe and starbound_gl.exe. In both cases CPU was used on 100%.

4. Nachoman

Nachoman Starship Captain

I've been suffering from this problem since the early access launch
    it is the problem of bad game optimization
    i have almost same pc spec
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  5. BlightFight

BlightFight Big Damn Hero

I'm just chiming in to state that I too, am experiencing this memory leak. The game starts off running fine, and then it gradually gets worse over the course of thirty minutes to the point where it's unplayable.

6. hanamayhem

hanamayhem Aquatic Astronaut

I think I'm having a similar issue. The game is playable for me, but it lags, especially in the Erchius Mining Facility, and it lags bad enough that I can't beat the boss.

7. CatherineCat

CatherineCat Void-Bound Voyager

I can confirm there is a Memory leak issue since the latest update.. making the game unplayable after 1-2 hours of gameplay.. it's really annoying as hell. And i have 32GB DDR4 Ram.. after a while it fills more and more up which should not happen in this game.. and this stutter is so annoying me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.