1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Universal Energy 1.1.4

Universal power, post-endgame tech and unique craftable energy weapons!

1. alpha45
    [​IMG]
    UPDATE 1.1.4: Enraged Koala fix!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The original idea behind this mod was to create a single, unified energy item to act as fuel, crafting material, currency, ammo (if/when ammo is implemented), as well as hopefully a base for other mods to work off of. This way, you can have all your fuel/ammo/whatever as one single item. It has expanded to become a full extra tier of technology and equipment for endgame players.

In order to get your hands on some energy pellets, you'll have to go through the process of researching and building the Energy Compressor, by first building the Analysis Supercomputer out of two Server Cabinets (that you find in human bases) and a Master Processor (which is made out of copper, gold, and a processor).

[​IMG]

Once you've done that, you start feeding it more Server Cabinets to start generating Data Fragments. Once you have 15 of those, you put them all into the supercomputer at once to assemble the Energy Compressor OS.

Once you get that, you can create the Solarium Core and Impervium Casing and combine them all to create the Energy Compressor:

[​IMG]

Which you can use to convert fuel and bars into Energy Pellets which are your universal power supply.

[​IMG]
    These can be used as fuel for your ship (1 = 1 fuel, a full stack of 1000 is a full tank), fuel for the replicator (and possibly trading with other players), and a crafting material for energy-based items.

Once you've built it, you can build a few other things:

[​IMG]
    Works like a vendor, exchanging energy for items, including ore bars, food, and instruments.

[​IMG]
    Vastly more powerful than a normal diamond drill, but doesn't last as long and needs to be recharged with Energy Pellets to replenish durability instead of being repaired with ore.

[​IMG]

The Matter Assember, a highly advanced assembly line used to build high tech gadgets.
    You need a Matter Assembler OS to craft it. To get this, you'll need to put another 15 data fragments into the supercomputer to create another Energy Compressor OS, and then put that OS into the supercomputer to upgrade it to the Matter Assembler OS.
    The process would be:​
    • Run human server cabinets through supercomputer, get data fragments
    • Run 15 fragments through supercomputer at once, get energy compressor OS
    • Run energy compressor OS in supercomputer, get matter assembler OS
    These are just some of the items this mod adds, which include a whole bunch of post-endgame weapons, medical items, and more.

Installation is simple, just extract the Universal Energy folder into your Starbound mod folder.
    Changelog:

Version 1.1.3:
    • Updated the mod to work with Furious KoalaAdded basic items that were missing from the replicator (like diamonds). Pick up the replicator and set it back down to add them
    Version 1.1.2:
    • Updated the mod to work with Angry Koala
    • Added Replicator medical items for endgame players (thanks to Blackscorp81 for the suggestion)
    • Max stack of energy pellets increased to 8000
    • Adjusted the blaster shotgun a bit, works a lot better now
    Version 1.1.1(hotfix):
    • Fixed a mistake in the matter assembler OS recipe (thanks to zekken for letting me know)
    Version 1.1 :
    • Added the matter assembler, stuff after the compressor will be built there. You can get its blueprint by running an Energy Compressor OS in the supercomputer. Anything built after the Energy Compressor needs to be built there.
    • Added six new energy weapons: the blaster shotgun, the railbow (energy-based bow), the assault cannon (a heavy minigun-type gun), the pulse sniper (a powerful sniper rifle), the siege launcher (a heavy rocket launcher usable as artillery) and the firestorm launcher (a ridiculously deadly version of the siege launcher that fires a barrage of incendiary missiles).
    • Adjusted the recipe for the supercomputer, now needs a processor instead of a circuit board (since circuit boards can be very hard to find sometimes).
    • Fixed an issue with the mod teaching the characters alloy bar recipes that they shouldn't know yet (thanks to Blackscorp81 for notifying me).
    This mod is intentionally designed to work alongside others. All of it is new content, no default content is edited or directly affected. You won't need to make a new character, and this mod should work fine alongside other mods and not interfere with your game.

Ideas and input would be appreciated. Let me know if you have any ideas for new items or adjustments.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. Pixelguru26
    Pixelguru26
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.4
    This looks like a wonderful mod to play with and an excellent addition to... well, everything :D my only problem is that I can't seem to download it from the site-it gives me a loading screen, loads, and then stops. Is there another way I can get this mod?
  2. Tazz2001
    Tazz2001
    4/5,
    Version: 1.1.4
    It's beautiful but how can i find the items of this mod ?
  3. steveowashere
    steveowashere
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.3
    UPDATE FOR ANYONE USING ENRAGED KOALA:
    This mod will work for you, install like normal but open the 'universalenergy.modinfo' file with text editor. Change line: "version" : "Beta v. Furious Koala",
    to
    "version" : "Beta v. Enraged Koala",
    Make sure to maintain original document formatting/line spacing!

Great mod! Enjoying it very much. Had problems finding Server Cabinets. Keep up the awesome work. Don't abandon this mod!
    1. alpha45
      Author's Response
      Thank you for posting that! I've been so busy I didn't even notice that the mod needed to be updated until I saw your review! Uploaded a fixed version, should work fine now!
  4. pyro_670
    pyro_670
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.3
    New weapons AND keeping star-ship refueling to a minimum while adding additional content and complexity to the universe? I like it!
  5. Ciora80
    Ciora80
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.2
    Nicely balanced mod, makes the game even more enjoyable to play. Looks sharp, too! Thank you for all the hard work you put into this. :o)
  6. Edd360
    Edd360
    5/5,
    Nice mod :)
  7. mindbound
    mindbound
    5/5,
    Excellent.
    1. alpha45
      Author's Response
      Thank you. Let me know if you have any suggestions.
  8. klownk
    klownk
    5/5,
    Very nice. Hope we can use energy for powered all the machines in the game at the end, like Minecraft.
    1. alpha45
      Author's Response
      Thanks! I hope so too.
  9. Blackscorp81
    Blackscorp81
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.1
    Really impressed by this mod. I love all the blinking lights @ the Super-Computer^^. I still have to learn a lot of the recipes, but so far this mod is epic. Keep going.
    1. alpha45
      Author's Response
      Thanks, I will!
  10. Ashen
    Ashen
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    Keep the fantastic work! Starbound truly needs more mods like this.
    1. alpha45
      Author's Response
      Thanks a lot!