UPDATE 1.1.3: Furious Koala fix!
Mod has been updated for Furious Koala!
The original idea behind this mod was to create a single, unified energy item to act as fuel, crafting material, currency, ammo (if/when ammo is implemented), as well as hopefully a base for other mods to work off of. This way, you can have all your fuel/ammo/whatever as one single item. It has expanded to become a full extra tier of technology and equipment for endgame players.
In order to get your hands on some energy pellets, you'll have to go through the process of researching and building the Energy Compressor, by first building the Analysis Supercomputer out of two Server Cabinets (that you find in human bases) and a Master Processor (which is made out of copper, gold, and a processor).
Once you've done that, you start feeding it more Server Cabinets to start generating Data Fragments. Once you have 15 of those, you put them all into the supercomputer at once to assemble the Energy Compressor OS.
Once you get that, you can create the Solarium Core and Impervium Casing and combine them all to create the Energy Compressor:
Which you can use to convert fuel and bars into Energy Pellets which are your universal power supply.
These can be used as fuel for your ship (1 = 1 fuel, a full stack of 1000 is a full tank), fuel for the replicator (and possibly trading with other players), and a crafting material for energy-based items.
Once you've built it, you can build a few other things:
Works like a vendor, exchanging energy for items, including ore bars, food, and instruments.
Vastly more powerful than a normal diamond drill, but doesn't last as long and needs to be recharged with Energy Pellets to replenish durability instead of being repaired with ore.
The Matter Assember, a highly advanced assembly line used to build high tech gadgets.
You need a Matter Assembler OS to craft it. To get this, you'll need to put another 15 data fragments into the supercomputer to create another Energy Compressor OS, and then put that OS into the supercomputer to upgrade it to the Matter Assembler OS.
The process would be:
- Run human server cabinets through supercomputer, get data fragments
- Run 15 fragments through supercomputer at once, get energy compressor OS
- Run energy compressor OS in supercomputer, get matter assembler OSThese are just some of the items this mod adds, which include a whole bunch of post-endgame weapons, medical items, and more.
Installation is simple, just extract the Universal Energy folder into your Starbound mod folder.
- Updated the mod to work with Furious KoalaAdded basic items that were missing from the replicator (like diamonds). Pick up the replicator and set it back down to add themVersion 1.1.2:
- Updated the mod to work with Angry Koala
- Added Replicator medical items for endgame players (thanks to Blackscorp81 for the suggestion)
- Max stack of energy pellets increased to 8000
- Adjusted the blaster shotgun a bit, works a lot better nowVersion 1.1.1(hotfix):
- Fixed a mistake in the matter assembler OS recipe (thanks to zekken for letting me know)Version 1.1 :
- Added the matter assembler, stuff after the compressor will be built there. You can get its blueprint by running an Energy Compressor OS in the supercomputer. Anything built after the Energy Compressor needs to be built there.
- Added six new energy weapons: the blaster shotgun, the railbow (energy-based bow), the assault cannon (a heavy minigun-type gun), the pulse sniper (a powerful sniper rifle), the siege launcher (a heavy rocket launcher usable as artillery) and the firestorm launcher (a ridiculously deadly version of the siege launcher that fires a barrage of incendiary missiles).
- Adjusted the recipe for the supercomputer, now needs a processor instead of a circuit board (since circuit boards can be very hard to find sometimes).
- Fixed an issue with the mod teaching the characters alloy bar recipes that they shouldn't know yet (thanks to Blackscorp81 for notifying me).This mod is intentionally designed to work alongside others. All of it is new content, no default content is edited or directly affected. You won't need to make a new character, and this mod should work fine alongside other mods and not interfere with your game.
Ideas and input would be appreciated. Let me know if you have any ideas for new items or adjustments.
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
Universal Energy 1.1.3
Universal power, post-endgame tech and unique craftable energy weapons!
- 1.1.3 Update: Furious Koala fix, more stuff on the way! Jan 29, 2014
- 1.1.2 Update: Fix for Angry Koala update, Tier 10 healing items Dec 24, 2013
- Hotfix Dec 20, 2013