1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Tech Planets! 0.1

Adds a brand new, high-tech planet type with unique features!

1. FZeroRacer
    *Note if you encounter any strange issues or weird planet generation, please share them!
    *You should be able to just add this to your mod folder and it'll work.
    *If you go to this planet without enough fuel, you might have trouble getting off! There are trees in a small microbiome that usually spawns, and there's still ore spawns. Additionally, this'll almost always be created next to another planet!

Tech Planets aims to add a brand new, unique type of planet that vastly differs from the current set of planets. My end goal is for it to have a unique dungeon tied to it with rewards, puzzles and more. Essentially, I want it to be a gigantic dungeon that when players head to, they know they can expect something challenging and fun.

Stuff in the current version:
    -Uniquely generates with its own set of terrain (including no caves)
    -A semi-new sub-biome with trees
    -A (small) set of surface buildings

Stuff NOT in the current version:
    -The dungeon. Reason: Partially finished, it can actually generate correctly when added to the whitelist. However, due to the way the game currently handles dungeons I cannot add it to just the Tech planet type. My attempts to do so with the microdungeon code results in buggy, unfinished dungeon generation.
    -Some of the surface buildings. Reason: Similar to above, microdungeon generation does not work correctly for buildings that are too tall or too deep. It just refuses to spawn them.
    -Unique equipment. Reason: I'm hoping to create a set of unique Techs that spawn just on this planet. However, I want to get the planet to be dungeon and feature complete (or as comfortable as I can get it) before I start working on those.
    -Unique art assets. Reason: Not an artist. Sorry, anything I create would look pretty bad!

Stuff I WANT to include later:
    -A gigantic glass dome dungeon/biome that recreates planets like forests, jungles etc. Currently cannot add it due to limitations of the planet generation and the inability to manually place trees or anything like that.
    -More variations. I want each planet to have a semi-unique set of surface buildings that define how it looks, from massive towers (think Star Wars), to glass domes and more.
    -More microbiomes.
    -More core-biomes ranging from high-tech to flesh. Currently fairly low on the list of things I want to do (since there's no easy way to reach the core of the planet right now).

2013-12-11_00001.jpg
    (an example of some of the terrain generation issues I've come across)

Images

1. 2013-12-15_00001.jpg
    2. 2013-12-10_00001.jpg

Recent Reviews

1. Pixelguru26
    Pixelguru26
    5/5,
    Version: 0.1
    Expanding my unique planet types collection with one of my favorites: sci-fi. Great job so far :)
  2. Chucklehead
    Chucklehead
    5/5,
    Has a lot of potential.
  3. Jacob5287
    Jacob5287
    3/5,
    can you update this