1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Start with Pickaxe 1.0

Adds a stone pickaxe to the initial contents of the shiplocker.

1. spiritofcat
    The problem that this mod addressed has now been fixed by the devs, so it isn't an essential fix anymore.
    It may still be useful for those that want to get started a little quicker in the game, or as an example of how to edit the default contents of shiplockers.

I created this mod to work around a problem that has popped up in recent nightly builds.
    The matter manipulator is no longer able to mine foreground blocks, so it's very hard to scrounge up the resources needed to create a stone pickaxe at the start of the game.
    I solved the problem by simply providing one in the ship locker along with the usual flashlight, torches, wheat seeds and broken sword.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    Old_Crazy_Gamer likes this.

Recent Reviews

1. lluckymou
    lluckymou
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    This mod is AWESOME! The only problem is that you can't complete the initial quest... But this is one of the best simple mods i ever downloaded.
    1. spiritofcat
      Author's Response
      How does it interfere with the initial quest?
      Please respond in the Discussion section for the mod.