1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Marine Markers 1.0

Oceanic Surveying Equipment

1. Argonwolf
    Marine Markers is a simple mod born of a need for the ability to mark an ocean floor from the surface without swimming the whole way down. This mod achieves that in a simple but effective fashion.

Crafting
    You will need:
    -1 Unrefined Wood
    -1 Coal Ore
    -1 Iron Bar

This recipe yields:
    -30 Marine Markers

Usage
    To activate a marine marker, simply hold it in your hand and right-click while directly above the marking area. The projectile will drop down under your feet and spawn a small, anchor-shaped "flare" that rapidly descends through any liquid as well as air. This brightly-lit projectile will fly a great distance if needed before hitting a solid block, at which point it will break open to deploy a small high-visibility ocean floor beacon (candy block). This allows for quick marking of the ocean floor below the edges of islands.

Helpful Tips
    -If you drop multiple markers in rapid succession, some of the deployed candy beacons may break off as an item
    -You can use this mod as a somewhat unfair way to get candy blocks, but it's really not overpowered considering they're just building materials
    -Try to use the marker while in an open area of air or liquid, because a collision with a block before it's had time to deploy can send the anchor flare in any number of decidedly "not-straight-down" directions

Credits
    ELYmod DLR - Inspiration
    Argonwolf - Mod

Recent Reviews

1. Zalexard
    Zalexard
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    This is so awesome for those of us that start feeling OCD-ish. :p
  2. ELYmod DLR
    ELYmod DLR
    5/5,
    Ran another ocean world using the markers. Definitely helps in my navigating while roaming the sea floor for treasure. I haven't had any go other than straight down when released.

Thank you again!
  3. Markelius
    Markelius
    5/5,
    Tested and it works great! Didn't realize I wanted this until I saw the mod. :)