1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Gyrusens+ [v1.8.6]

Alien reptile race from distant lands, and more! (No longer requires Airless Dungeons!)

1. I promise I'm not dead!

G.Xyon
    [ CONTAINS NIGHTLY BUILD SPOILERS ]

Blame the lack of updates due to personal life; got into uni again and doing other projects here and there and I entirely forgot about Starbound.

Right now I've worked on transferring the mod onto the new "merge" system via Nightly build, as well as making the appropriate changes to certain elements of the mod: this means I'm going to be tossing out any upcoming updates officially when the new unstable/stable patch hits, so if you want to try them out you're gonna have to switch onto the Nightly Build (please look into the consequences of doing so). Since the Nightly build is subject to change at any time, this will also apply to the mod as well.

Here's a quick rundown of what I have in mind:

Progression Already done!
    Very little will be modified from the usual progression; instead of having it unlocked by upgrades, it'll be unlocked by obtaining ores/items, as is the current Nightly tier system.

Ship upgrades Done and done!
    I have been thinking about this, and I opted to cut the ship upgrades short; I don't plan to make a huge mansion ship, but enough space to do a few things here and there, so don't worry. I've been also attempting to fix some (un)known bugs, we'll see how this goes.

Items and Objects
    Certain items and interfaces will be changed/depreciated given the new progression of the game (such as the Gyrusenic Furnace, there's no more "smelting" ores), however this also means new items! Right now I'll be attempting to work with crops, back accessories, more furniture/weapons, as well as revision of some sprites. I'll see what I can do, as adjustments are being made frequently.

Balancing
    Most weapons do and will retain their original values given the new "difficulty" of the game, however I'll have to revisit armors given how endgame ore/metals are distributed through the planets. As mentioned this might change at any time.

NPCs
    They're gonna be left untouched since there's not a whole lot to do with them right now, but I may add some more if I get a few things done first.

Quests
    Since the quest system is a little... broken, I'll be holding that off until CF manages to finish it off first and then I'll give it a go. Going to also expand on it, I promise.

Codex
    Will attempt to toss in some lore if I get the chance, I haven't tried modding the treasure pools too extensively to see how it works, but I will soon!

Dungeons
    Since dungeons are a big part of the new build I'll hold off as well on this until CF gets things straight, I don't want to accidentally rip open a hole in space/time.

Thanks for reading up, stay safe and have fun!
Return to update list...