1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated FPSFix 2.0.2 [Enraged]

Removes particles that seriously impact Starbound's FPS, especially on lower-end computers

1. renojonathanr
    FPSFix by Reno

This is a pretty simple mod that can boost your FPS (frames per second) greatly, especially on multiplayer servers.

It currently works by disabling the particle that is normally spawned when tiles are being damaged. The particles caused when rockets and bullets hit tiles are also disabled. Because of this, this mod works especially well on lower-end computers in which these particles can and will drastically lower one's FPS.

Multiplayer Notes

The part of this mod that alters weather events will work on multiplayer servers without the need for your players to install the mod. However, the part of the mod that removes splash particles is completely client-sided and MUST be installed by each player with FPS problems related to these particles.

Recent Reviews

1. Max Sketchalot
    Max Sketchalot
    4/5,
    Version: 2.0.2 [Enraged]
    Heard good things about it. However, It's been a couple updates since this was last updated. Can you possibly update it to the Giraffe updates?
    Thank you for your time.
  2. jProtagonist
    jProtagonist
    5/5,
    I'm sure this is a great mod once it's compatable with giraffe. Pls update
  3. tomatelopes
    tomatelopes
    5/5,
    It's good. Update it, please!
  4. Mayoko
    Mayoko
    5/5,
    please update, crashes game for giraffe
    1. renojonathanr
      Author's Response
      Alright. As soon as I *can* do it, okay?
  5. LWSmuggler
    LWSmuggler
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2.0
    Install this mod, set renderPriority to false.
    Nice work, Reno.
  6. Supfoo3
    Supfoo3
    1/5,
    Link STILL down has been for last 2 or so weeks........... WOULD be a 5 Star IF THE LINK WASNT BROKEN i HAVE used this mod before and its freakin 10/10 BUT cant download......
    1. renojonathanr
      Author's Response
      If it weren't for family circumstances....
  7. Omnija
    Omnija
    1/5,
    Download link still down... and has been for quite a long time...
  8. betailas
    betailas
    5/5,
    That's what I need!
  9. Sycro
    Sycro
    3/5,
    Version: 1.1.2
    Its woks it gave me about 8 extra fps but im still seeing particles that fall off the top of he tree when it falls and im getting red particles when ever i hit an eneny, not sue if thats how it should be but if not can u help?
    1. renojonathanr
      Author's Response
      I'll have a look into the tree particles, but that's not a high priority right now.
  10. JediNoah25
    JediNoah25
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.2
    Very helpful.
    1. renojonathanr