1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Kawa's xbawks-mode character creator 3.8.1

T̶w̶e̶n̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶i̶x̵ thirty-six oughta be enough for now.

1. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

That seems right.

2. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

3. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Don't be silly, Mac. Doesn't matter how often it's said or linked, there'll always be more blind and/or silly people who need their hands held.

4. Eeveeminecraft

Eeveeminecraft Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ok, i'm stupid with file Sh!t, and I need help. I extracted the file, put it in the mods folder, I opened starbound, guess what? It didn't work. May I get some help with this please?

5. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

xbawks.png
    It should look like this. The same applies to all my mods. Now, this picture was posted just one page ago. Next time, could you maybe stand out from the crowd a bit and take the effort to look before you ask?

See what I mean, @Mackinz?

Mackinz likes this.
  6. Mackinz

Yeah, sometimes people don't read. I have had that problem myself with BetterMerchants. I think just linking the same post over and over might get them to stop asking, though.

7. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

"Sometimes"? I don't know about BetterMerchants but this looks more like "usually" or "most often" to me.

8. Mackinz

I said "sometimes" because of the 90-9-1 "rule". Most people don't post, a small percentage lurk and an even smaller percentage post. When you only think about what the one percent does, you ignore the possibility that most people probably do the opposite.

Seajun_ and Kawa like this.
  9. tofudog01

tofudog01 Space Spelunker

I just came here from the link in the Viera mod and considering the amount of 1 percenters on the last few pages you have been rrremarkably patient, Kawa.
    Hats off.

10. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

Just a question: how can I increase the amount of slots this mod has?
    Apparently UG now has more race mods than slots here...

11. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I'm gonna repeat an old question here:
    Why would you want so many playable species? How many will you actually use?

If it's only for parity with a server's overly-large amount, or even just local content that comes with them, there are ways to force the species you actually intend to actually play to the top of the list. And I might tell you.

Pokémon has an ever-increasing amount of mons, but only two options for the player. I always play just the one. The Elder Scrolls series has a handful of options. I always play just the one. Starbound has six seven options out the box. I almost always play a certain eight, unless it's for experimental purposes. I can easily imagine playing a few different things, if only to enjoy the differences in gameplay or something... but forty-something is not "a few".

12. carriontrooper

It's for single player. And I have already reduced it to the ones I deem good and/or complete enough to use.
    Still needs more. Especially if (when) the /sbg/ race collection really takes off into its own mod.

13. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

"The ones you deem complete enough to use." I'd love to trust your judgment but I repeat, how many will you actually use?

Of course, I could tell you how to force a given species up in the list so you can select it... if you'd accept that over even more buttons.

14. carriontrooper

I like to test stuff tbh, I have 1 'main' character that I use until I finish getting the highest tier of vanilla starbound ship and all the quests... then I have ten tons of mod-race characters I'll use next to test them out.
    So yeah, all 7 vanilla races + 25-30 mod races, I plan to play every single one of them.
    And yeah, I'll take your offer on the more species in the list. And then the buttons as well. Mwahahahaha.

15. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

You like to test stuff. You play one species at a time. Why would you need them all available at once when you play only one at a time? You do not make much sense.

16. carriontrooper

Because those other races sometimes have their own weapons, techs, dungeons, NPCs etc. that bleeds into the gameplay, aight? Stuff that would either crash or get me tons of PGIs and missing items if the race mod in question is missing.
    And I like variety.
    Anyways, whether it makes sense or not, I like many races in my SB. I do not question how you play it, or if it differs from my playstyle - I merely ask for ways to select more races in the character selection screen. So, will you help me with my quest to add all the race mods into my SB, or do we have to banter for another few posts over differences in playstyle?

17. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Very well.

Go to /starbound/assets/user, make a folder interface, in there make a windowconfig. In there, put this in a file named charcheation.config.patch:
    Code:
    [{"op":"add","path":"/speciesOrdering/0","value":"felin"}]
    Replace the "felin" bit with whatever species you want in the top-left slot. Make sure it's not secretly a .txt file or it won't work. This will fuck up the spot that it would've taken, but that's not important.

18. carriontrooper

I'll try that, thank you!

19. Viking Logic

Viking Logic Space Hobo

20. Mackinz

N- Yes

Kawa likes this.