1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Furry Friendly Starbound Server (Modpack Updated 4/7/2015, Races, Music, Improvements and more!)

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by Snowpup, Dec 29, 2013.

1. LadyKianna

LadyKianna Big Damn Hero

Just tried to join the server, but I keep timing out and the webpage says there are zero players online

Then I decided I wanted to check out the modpack in single player and I have 22 generic items in the first slot of my hotbar...

Edit: Should add that I'm playing a Naga when this happened.

Edit Again: Novakid+ has 65 generic items in the first hotbar slot.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  2. itsapainfulworld

itsapainfulworld Yeah, You!

Can you remember what was in said first hotbar slot, prior to loading and finding it to be generic items? That could be useful in helping them debug it, as a generic item usually means an item that isn't properly referenced by the game, or that is missing code, or even just syntaxed wrong.

3. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

First, moving your teleporter in your ship will NOT move the beam-up point.
    Second, It can be for two things. 1. The guy is a troll griefer who wants to exploderize ur ship and all ur stuff and st00f. Or 2. A forever alone n00b who has no friends and invites random people but doesnt know that he should be on Facebook

4. Pdudi

Pdudi Orbital Explorer

I want to join you server, but everytime I put the mods into the mods folder of starbound and start the game its only loading and chrashes after a short while or if I close the window. Does someone have some helpful advise? :S

5. syjsxxjy

syjsxxjy Void-Bound Voyager

Need I installl all those mods if I just want to use the commands to control players?

6. fafeman

fafeman Pangalactic Porcupine

Are you sure you're extracting the archive correctly and that the version you downloaded is intact and not corrupted?
    Commands only affect things serverside, so if you were going to use them, you should already have the modpack installed. Otherwise, no. The modpack is not required for that, but it's suggested since you can't do anything on the server besides that without it.

7. Karvix

Karvix Void-Bound Voyager

Im having a little problem i had a accident and deleted my character so i made a new one same name same look, when i join it says "this characters name is already in use" do you think you can fix this by deleting the old one?

8. Kn16h7

Kn16h7 Void-Bound Voyager

I am having the same problem as the person above me. Because of a mac glitch when trying to add a song to my songs folder, my saves folder got screwed up, i had a backup but its not reading it as the same file so i cant login to the server with my character.

The character name is knight, and i know the user/pass so it shouldn't be a problem of name/character stealing, i just want to be able to use my characters name...

9. fafeman

You might be able to if you log in with your registered account. Either way, you would need the original character to release the name. This 'problem' is because you registered with the name already and you're not logging in.

10. Kn16h7

Kn16h7 Void-Bound Voyager

Ah, i see now, got it to work

11. Cobalt Lightning

Cobalt Lightning Existential Complex

Oh wow, this is still around and up? Such memories.

Welp, after my 3-6 month little uninterested hiatus (forgot how long) I might come back, or might not, if this'un's indeed gone.

EDIT: Yep, I return. I prolyl lost my adminship, too. Oh well.

NOTHER EDIT: Apparently starmap is broken. Random and some specific coordinates crash the game.

NOTHER EDIT: Been lagging and crashing a lot lately.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  12. ReticentGrace

ReticentGrace Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is this server still active? I was curious and have been considering starting the game again (I miss it tons!)

13. Rapmasterdylon

Rapmasterdylon Orbital Explorer

when i try to join the server with character i logged out with before it says name already taken it does this with every character i make

14. fafeman

You're not logging in.

15. Cobalt Lightning

Quite active, actually. Who knows, maybe this community will reach out of Starbound and into other games?

16. Cobalt Lightning

If None of This is applicable, then likely another server crash. It's been laggy and unstable lately, we're working on that.

17. Extreme Hollows

Extreme Hollows Void-Bound Voyager

Help! i can't log back into my character even thought i registered. i put my password and account name in the boxes in mutiplayer yet it says wrong password! my username is Wilhelm

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  18. Cobalt Lightning

I double up on this, dunno what's causing it, and I don't have direct access to the server.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found my problem: I was trying to get into the wrong server. I'll try and fix your problem and I'll PM you your new password. Whenever the server comes back up...

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  19. Dead Feather

Dead Feather Void-Bound Voyager

I think this mod would maybe go fine, we could rp much stuff with them: Xenomorphs (The only bad thing, is that it changes the main menu, but removing some folders that could be fixed)

20. Cobalt Lightning

I'm actually thinking of popping up a privately run Unstable server for this community, because why not? Ship upgrades and extra beta stuff ahoy!

As of this post, I am going into the process of updating all the mods to Unstable, once I'm able to get them again, but I still have to figure out how to forward my ports.

EDIT: It also appears the modpack for download is currently disabled, as of this post.