Story The Fall Of Earth

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Commander Borges, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Commander Borges

Commander Borges Big Damn Hero

The beginning of the story is coming up nicely. Here's a preview for you folks!

Attached Files:

Flibflub likes this.
  2. Flibflub

Flibflub Star Wrangler

Woah, had no idea this was gonna be this huge! That's great! I like it a lot. A lot. Also I think I never posted my skype name *facepalm it's flibflub96

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  3. Headphoner

Headphoner Cosmic Narwhal

PLOT TWIST!

4. Commander Borges

WAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!! MY TWISTS ARE WORKING PERFECTLY!
    Although I did change the story a little bit
    In any case, the story is progressing quite well. Any questions or suggestions (which I desperately need) are welcome!!!

5. Flibflub

Flibflub Star Wrangler

Is this gonna be animated? If so what kind, 3D or 2D. If 2D maybe I could draw some things for ideas on scenes ,cities, or things.

6. Commander Borges

That's a really good idea! But so far, I'm writing the script so that we can "act it out" during our Starbound multiplayer sessions.
    Because let's be frank: I WANNA PLAY IT WITH YOU GUYS! :proper:
    MAYBE
    we can try finding someone to animate the story in the future. But right now, the main idea is acting it during gameplay and recording it. Like a movie.

Flibflub likes this.
  7. burthstone

burthstone Big Damn Hero

What point in the beta are we gonna actually start? I figure we'll do the building from the first phase of the beta, but I don't advise any recording/roleplaying/whateverweredoing until third stage of beta or release for stability's sake.

8. Commander Borges

I agree. I believe major planning will be done throughout the beta. Although we will be building scenes and stuff, we might want to take photos and draw schematics so that we don't really lose them if the game crashes. Once the Beta is out, I trust everyone is gonna be busy building something for the story, as well as posting pictures or videos regularly here.
    I agree with the 3rd Phase "Start Line" idea, and I also don't recommend recording anything until the game itself is stable.

9. Commander Borges

I'd like to welcome Lethem010 to the story!!
    Welcome aboard!

10. Headphoner

Okay, I've come up with a list of things we should look into during the beta:
    • Particles - These could be useful for cinematic effects if utilized correctly.
    • Physics - Things like gravity, in the cases where such things apply. Gravity could be variable from planet to planet, so we should be sure to test the gravity of one we think would be good to work on. If it's light, it could be used for some sort of slow-motion-style fall. That's really all I've got on that so far. :lolwut:
    • Weapons - We all probably have signature weapons that we've designed ourselves. Chances are, there's not gonna be anything quite like them in-game. If there are, that's brilliant, but if not, we may need someone to mod them in.
    • Clothes/Armor/Character Design - Pretty much the same with weapons. We're likely gonna need some way to modify our characters to look like we want them too, 'cause I seriously wanna keep my ponytail. :cool:
    • Blocks and Furniture - These are probably the most important parts of creating a scene. From what's been announced so far, it looks like there's gonna be a massively diverse pool of items we can use, so there's probably not going to be any need for modding.
    • NPCs - If used right, they could be useful for creating ambient background characters in scenes like the "Fresh Meat" scene. Director mode would likely be the most useful tool in this respect, although it may not be available for a while.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  11. burthstone

burthstone Big Damn Hero

This thread is making me salivate for Starbound.... Damn it devs and your inability to code 24/7!

12. Commander Borges

Hey, cut the Devs some slack, they're already working their asses off to give us what might be the greatest adventure we're gonna have since Pokémon for gameboy. I understand it's hard to wait, but we waited this far, right? Every day that goes by, Starbound gets better and better.

Marvelous ideas, Headphoner. I see we might have our main cinematographer right here. :rainbow:
    Also, Director Mode will perhaps be the single, most important tool of our trade here, so we'll keep our eyes peeled for any info on that.

13. Commander Borges

Small update on the script. Rodrigo and the Commander are ready to travel Back To The Future :iswydt: and rescue an unwilling time-traveler from her unexpected fate!
    INCLUDES ONE EXTRA PLOT TWIST

Attached Files:

Headphoner likes this.
  14. Headphoner

It's likely we won't have Director Mode at our disposal for quite some time after the release, but there is a way to counter that. With the DRM-free version of Starbound, we may be able to have as many clients open as we please. We could use this to populate scenes with NPCs, but they'd likely be static, as it's not very easy to control that many clients at once. Another downside to this is that Director Mode could possibly let us take control of mobs, so we may need to figure a way to do that without it if it's ever necessary.
    Also, I'm a cinematographer now apparently! Yay! :DD

Commander Borges likes this.
  15. burthstone

burthstone Big Damn Hero

I wasn't raging at the devs, I was raging at God and his choosing not to give devs superpowers. They so deserve it...

Commander Borges likes this.
  16. Commander Borges

Haha ok then, I agree with you in that sense.

Yeah, multi-clienting is a possibility, but not on my current pc specs. Also, let's remember about the RPing side of the story, therefore controlling mobs will be exclusive to certain key-moments of the story, and not 100% continuous.

About Director Mode not being available at the start:
    I don't think we'll have any need for it before Phase 3 of the Beta. Even if it's not available after that, we will find a way to make everything work. Just a reminder though; not all of the story will be scripted, only certain instances will posess full scripting and stuff.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  17. burthstone

burthstone Big Damn Hero

Maybe the people who arnt in the scene could handle the background NPC movement and such. EG, in a scene without Sapphire I could use my client to control some random crew member in the background.

18. Commander Borges

I like that. A lot. Keep the ideas coming guys, we're nearing the end of Phase 1 of pre-production!!
    Let's go, FoE Crew!

19. Commander Borges

STOP WHATEVER YOU'RE DOING AND LISTEN UP!! :speechless:
    Earlier today, I got into contact with Mollygos (Starbound Staff) and WackyWocky (Vector Squared Community Newsletter) and we're getting mentioned on both of them pretty soon!
    WackyWocky is also planning on an interview with me, and rest assured that I will talk about everyone that's been making this thing possible!
    Keep on pushing forward guys!

Congratulations to all of us!!
    BRING US THE WENCHES SO WE CAN CELEBRATE WITH A VIKING NIGHT OUT!

Headphoner likes this.
  20. Commander Borges

Current Crew Positions (Subject to change)

Creator - Time-Lord Borges

Co-Creator - Headphoner

Main Arc Writer - Time-Lord Borges

Instances Writer - Moon Star

Executive Producers - Time-Lord Borges & Headphoner

Director - Time-Lord Borges

Cinematographer - Headphoner

Actors -
    • Time-Lord Borges = Rodrigo Borges (Human)
    • Headphoner = Headphoner (Human)
    • Whatsup747 = Billy (Human)
    • Frostybubbles = Ken Sukisaki (Hylotl)
    • Burthstone = Sapphire (Human-ish)
    • Fantastic Mr. Legion = Alnian (Glitch)
    • Flibflub = Skorge (Apex)
    • Zamna = Roronoa (Floran)
    • aceofheartsu = Lynn (Human)
    • lethem010 = Lethem (Hylotl)
    • Moon Star = Celestine (Glitch)
    • Caffeine = Ivy (Floran)

Headphoner likes this.