Elevators

Discussion in 'Other' started by The Red N, May 8, 2012.

1. The Red N

The Red N Astral Cartographer

nuff said.

so, you put elevator walls and the add the lift. you could have it go as high as you wat or as wide as you want. it would just be certain type of wall and a certain type of platform. and you use a few buttons to control it
    sorry i dont have a lot of good ideas. I have never really come up with ideas for a game. I have posted a few, they are not very specific, i was just hoping others could branch of of them. I just kind of come up with the foundation for things.

8Elliott likes this.
  2. Mittgfu

Mittgfu Phantasmal Quasar

Elevators, ok, so far so good. Oh wait, it's just "Elevators".
    Could you please add some extra information, I think the community doesn't quite understand what it should think of this.

3. Jermex

Jermex The Stampede Forum Moderator

The Red N: I merged your two posts together, we don't really allow one word posts. Your second post had all the required infomation, so its fine now.

In terms of a suggestion, elevators would be quite handy. I played a game called "Clonk Rage" which implemented them quite well. In that game, the elevators could also dig the shaft. I can see that coming in handy in Starbound.

4. The Red N

sorry, ive never been to the forums for any game. I am new to this

5. Jermex

Jermex The Stampede Forum Moderator

No worries ^_^
    Read the rules and you will fit in fine.

Here is a question, If there are elevators for going up and down, could they go on an angle too?

6. KuraiRyuu

KuraiRyuu Space Kumquat

I think elevators would be cool. They would give a nice touch to creating bases.
    I wouldn't think elevators going at an angle would work, unless they make it so things can do that.

7. Data

Data Void-Bound Voyager

Indeed, angled elevators would be a pain. But assuming elevators are considered, to further their usefulness, having them work for more than 2 floors would be pretty cool. I know saying that sounds silly, but when I first heard "elevator" I immediately thought just instant of a way to make / transport yourself down a hellevator without taking fall damage or whatever, rather than needing it for navigating around multiple floors, you know? It should probably be considered. All in all, good idea, sometimes the obvious ones are the ones nobody suggests!

8. The Red N

well, maybe if you made a "staircase" by having them go diagonally by one block, it would follow that path.
    Or, instead of elevators, you could have traveling tubes. Instead of walking, it would be like a vacuum, and you would fly through it. they could curve, bring you up and down. Side to side. You could travel safely and quickly between bases. those tubes like in Futurama.

9. Eight

Eight Pangalactic Porcupine

Quality over quantity.
    THIS IS A GREAT IDEA.

You could have a special door that you place in the side of the shaft so you can go to that level with just a single click.
    I think it would work better if it were placed as an object and not tiles though.

Maybe some sort of track that it goes along.

10. Nathan

Nathan Big Damn Hero

I am going to be a thread hi-jacker and post this here :D

We should have a combined idea :D