Zombie Survival Mode

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Alvin Flummox, May 23, 2012.

1. Alvin Flummox

Alvin Flummox Existential Complex

Haha I'm not sure they're accepting volunteers what with already having much better paid spriters ;) I'd love to see how mine compare if zombies ever do appear in the game though.

2. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Watch as their zombies are just horrable, something like this
    [​IMG]

3. Alvin Flummox

Haha I have faith judging by the quality of rest of their sprites. And I'm sure they won't be in black and white ;)

4. Eldian

Eldian Cosmic Narwhal

I am sure sprite makers are always needed, even if they are volunteers. :p
    If not, you could be a resident sprite maker for mods. I have seen a lack of those in many games. :rofl:

5. SkeithRei

SkeithRei Subatomic Cosmonaut

Dis sounds.... AMAZING... SUPER... TOO COOL... I can't come up with anything appropriate for this... Great job, on everything. I really like the realism and shiz and not being able to carry a town's worth of materials in your pocket. I would love for this to be in the game, or even it's own game really. I mean, I'd buy it if it was it's own game. :iswydt:

6. Eldian

Eldian Cosmic Narwhal

You actually like the inventory cap?! o_O
    You are the first one.
    I also like realism mind you, but not when it gets in the way of gameplay, inventory cap imo only works to get us annoyed. :S
    That however, is about RPGs mostly, a game like Starbound, Terraria, and Minecraft, these do need some cap. I just hope we get a bigger one than in terraria, I always filled mine, and I was good at managing it. :S

7. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

I'd like to see something similar to the zombie survival mode in King Arthur's Gold, but more in depth and with lasers.

8. Bonoshman

Bonoshman Big Damn Hero

Very nice. I support this 100%!

This confused me for a second. this implies that you gather resources faster, and in the stuff ahead of it confused me. Sorry to go all Grammar Nazi on you, but just look at my status.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  9. Alvin Flummox

Haha thanks, good spot. That's the problem you get for reorganising posts multiple times, and unfortunately some things slip through the net! I'll correct it now ;) I really need to update this again soon too.

10. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

Left 4 Starbound? :p

11. Rho

Rho Pixel Sorceress Chucklefish

Wow, so much content here! And love the artwork! It's actually better than my 5 minute attempts at zombies. I'm pretty sure we'll have zombies at some point so I'll keep this post in mind.

12. Nymz

Nymz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am a fan. :up: My inner zombie lover prays this makes it to the game.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  13. TheMurumasa

TheMurumasa Existential Complex

This is great, I will put it in my next "Starbound Suggestion" video as soon as i have the time to make it.

Alvin Flummox likes this.
  14. TriforceOfPower

TriforceOfPower Seal Broken

I love every word of that post.
    This needs to be a mode in starbound.

You would only be on one planet, right?
    Otherwise it kinda kills the point of surviving when you could just fly off whenever you want to.

I also hope that you spawn in a countryside biome every time with tan grass/wheat fields in the background.
    Swamps that would always be in the planet somewhere that have more resources but more zombies would also be awesome.

Also, wouldn't the weapons and stuff be more like bullet-firing guns and melee, less futuristic?
    :)

15. Eldian

Eldian Cosmic Narwhal

I think the idea is more along the lines of it being your homeworld, and you have to build the ship to escape the planet, not simply finding it and already being a space explorer.

16. Alvin Flummox

Been on holiday and been lacking in time a bit recently, but I'll reply now!
    Wow, your comments really mean a lot to me. Thanks :) Haha I'm pretty sure your zombies would be a lot better than my efforts though!
    I look forward to seeing it :)
    In reply to both of you, what Eldian said is basically the gist of it! That's why I've always said it makes more sense for it to be a separate mode rather than just a random encounter. If you had a ship and all your gear it really wouldn't work as well in this format.

Thank you so much to everyone that has replied and put in the time to read this :)

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  17. Alvin Flummox

Added to some sections, and corrected some spelling/grammar mistakes :)

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  18. djdeathrow

djdeathrow Pangalactic Porcupine

Definitivly need this zombie mode !

19. XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

Alvin, I like it all, the only exception being that all the zombies are green... I mean they look good but they are all green, it would be nice with some variety. :DD

I hope it will be a challenge, that it does require teamwork or otherwise a slow pace of handling your situation.

20. Alvin Flummox

Yeah :/ I guess I could do some slightly more brown or purple looking ones, but old flesh tends to go sort of greenish, and it makes them stand out from other characters quite clearly. I'll see what I can do!

djdeathrow and XRiZUX like this.