1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Your Feedback on a preorder

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ionfone

ionfone Big Damn Hero

Been following this game for a while - finally decided to make an account just to chime in on this thread!

I'm absolutely on board for a pre-order on this game! I'd purchase a 4-pack (or maybe more!) just for all my roommates to play, even without the 'standard' Steam discount! I'm really excited for this game and can't wait to give it a shot.

2. Naupz

Naupz Void-Bound Voyager

Pre-order would be great.

3. Sufferes

Sufferes Void-Bound Voyager

Definitely interested, would pay at least $20 - $30, especially considering how much time I'd spend playing it. Reward/tiers would be icing on the cake & might inspire me to part with more money, we'll see :)

4. Raeden

Raeden Big Damn Hero

I'd love a pre-order.
    One thing that I was thinking about though is that release is supposed to be Q2 2013 which is now-june. So if there was a pre order now wouldn't the full release come out like 2 weeks later? (If it's on time)
    The roadmap just came out now and most things are 90% complete.

5. Arch-Mage Zandor

Arch-Mage Zandor Space Kumquat

Release is sometime 2013, they haven't specified which quarter yet.

6. Coldkristen

Coldkristen Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yes please! :DD

7. Sufferes

Sufferes Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah, while the roadmap DOES have lots of things near 90%, there are still a few things to get done, even before digital distribution would start to be sorted out. So I feel like June, while optimistic, would not be when the game is released. Though I think pre-orders might have started by then, so it wouldn't be too far off :)

8. Daruso

Daruso Master Chief

I would definitly pre-order the game, and a 4-pack would be awesome, because then i can play with my friends and that would be even more AWESOME!!

9. DaPeezi

DaPeezi Master Chief

... allright - did someone count the sumber number of pledgers and the high of pledges? I´m assuming:

66 (Forum pages) x 20 (Entries per Page) x 50% (of which said yes) x 15$ (not too much, 20$ might also fit) = round about 10k Dollars A.T.M. just from the Forum within 2 Weeks. Thats not so bad, is it?

... the ammount of needed food depends on the size of the table, so I don´t know if this is awesome or not.. But spreading the word early adaptors on top of a popularity peak sounds good, right?

I´ve come to the forums as I heard that this might come also to the ouya BTW - maybe some of the other 62.000 people will also be interested in the project.

Just guessed... everything just guessed :redpanda:

10. DarkDXZ

DarkDXZ Phantasmal Quasar

If the game comes out on Steam (which I assume it will), are you going to talk to Valve and get some promotional items into Team Fortress 2?
    I genuinely feel like most games that got their promos didn't quite deserve them. (Red Faction: Armageddon comes to my mind here)

If not, then fine, but please, for the love of God - MAKE. IT. HAPPEN!

11. Alceris

Alceris Pangalactic Porcupine

The only problem I could see with a preorder is that there won't be anyone left to pay full price for the game once it's officially released!

12. marthlegend10

marthlegend10 Orbital Explorer

I think that it's a great idea. I would definitely get a pre-order!

13. Dust

Dust Giant Laser Beams

Unless the game sucks, which I doubt it will, then word of mouth and positive reviews will net Chucklefish a lot more sales post release. I don't think we should be worrying about that.

14. Kjkillercom

Kjkillercom Pangalactic Porcupine

I plan on snatching this up the instant it becomes available. I love beta testing and this game will be pretty awesome even in an unfinished form. Heck, I have a few alpha stage games on Steam and I truly love to play them. I get crashes once in a while and always do what I can to help catch any bugs and submit crash dumps. Hopefully when the beta is out you implement a crash dump system into the game so I would able to submit any logs to you guys whenever a crash happens.

15. 0olong

0olong Big Damn Hero

I actually saw it on CNET.com that Starbound was one of the games that will be out on the OUYA. I'm not sure if this is 100% true or not.

16. Alceris

I was joking. what I essentially meant was that everyone in the world would have already preordered it.

17. Dust

Dust Giant Laser Beams

Hah! I'm sure every game company would love to have that 'problem' :DD

18. Eclipseknight

Eclipseknight Big Damn Hero

19. yoppyx

yoppyx Existential Complex

Sounds like an amazing idea:up: I think as a preorder goodie the beta buyers should get a digital cake as a space ship decoration. Molly has ate alot of cakes on the moon she must have some left over;)

20. Alceris

However, it should also be possible to obtain said cake without preordering the game, just somewhat difficult to get or rare. It's simply not fair to have something in a game that's exclusive to a one-time event like preordering, and would only detract from the game if it, or anything else, were exclusive like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.