1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Your Feedback on a preorder

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crsprn50

crsprn50 Orbital Explorer

I found Terraria through Steam and would like to continue that outlet. How soon???

2. Kikecasti

Kikecasti Void-Bound Voyager

I think there should be absolutely no differences between the ones who bought the game once its out and the ones who pre-ordered it.

3. Woody5600

Woody5600 Void-Bound Voyager

Yes, pre-orders for Starbound sound wonderful. I bought Space Pirates and Zombies early the same way. Great way for you indie guys to get some money in your pocket to actually eat while developing the game.

4. I'm inclined to disagree with you sir. I think community interaction and involvement is one of their strongest attributes, and I don't think posts like this imply things are going poorly. Indie game developers generally struggle with cash especially during one of their first major projects and doesn't determine if things are going poorly or not. If the devs really needed money that badly they could have released a beta version already while working out the bugs and adding on content, but they care about releasing a quality game, and I find it rather refreshing that they involve us as much as they do. That said, I do think it is in their benefit to allow people to pre-order.

As far as benefits, being able to play a beta would be benefit enough, but please don't have add-ons available to purchase. I really do believe that sort of thing can kill a game and a community. What would be cool is to have an item, just an aesthetic one, to show the beta players a little love, but I don't think we should get anything that gives us an advantage over other players other than a bit more time to play the game. Maybe we could get a Tiy hat or scarf or something?

5. CJx101

CJx101 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I don't care what the benefits are as the tier thingies go, but if you guys release this game at all, beta/alpha/fully done I will pay any price you ask for it. Just provide a way to send you guys money and I will. Then when the game comes out in beta or whatever I'll pay for that as well. I will send you money... What you want to give me for the money I send you is up to you... Just give me a way to send some!!! O.O

6. Fourteen00

Fourteen00 Orbital Explorer

Wow it's pretty amazing the response of 64 pages for a poll (Guess it's pretty obvious we want it :D ). So....any new news on if you guys want to do the pre-order/alpha/whatchamacallit ?

7. Jace Jarak

Jace Jarak Yeah, You!

I would preorder even at full price. Yes.

8. userfriendly41

userfriendly41 Space Hobo

Count me in, let me give you my money!

9. 0olong

0olong Big Damn Hero

Typical indie games on Steam go for between (correct me if I am wrong) $10 to $20 depending on the game. I would be more than happy to send you money if you started a Kickstarter movement. I would also invest in a pre-order, something I rarely do, if one was offered.

hell I'll give you $100 of you give me Alpha access.

Even without Alpha access I'll give you $100. I like seeing indie devs get what they need to move forward with their projects.

10. DaPeezi

DaPeezi Master Chief

I´ll go with a pledge too, 15 Euro incl. VAT (19,20$) would be fine for me. I can only speak for myself but I´m weighting from 20 Euro incl. VAT (25,66$) and up - this goes for Indies as well as for triple A´s and is in line of the usual Kickstarter Pledges you can see and also with Minecraft.

11. iturtleman

iturtleman Void-Bound Voyager

I would definitely buy a pre-order especially with special content like art book etc.

12. DaPeezi

DaPeezi Master Chief

you mean an electronic one, right?

13. azaydius

azaydius Space Hobo

I would pre-order this game for sure.

14. IAmTheMilkMan

IAmTheMilkMan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

15$ sounds perfect.

15. Resaru

Resaru Void-Bound Voyager

I'll definitely pre-order! Heck, some guy I know is gonna pre-order a four pack when it's available.

16. cherbert

cherbert Void-Bound Voyager

Take my money!

I'll give you double and pay you extra for the server app. Then I'll buy 5 more copies for my friends. Just do it now!

17. Xilitu

Xilitu Industrial Terraformer

somthing you could do when you decide Starbound to go to beta is check with steam about the Early Access they are doing now that would be perfect to get new eyes on the game but as said when you guys feel ready to put out a beta and all

18. PyromaniacLVI

PyromaniacLVI Void-Bound Voyager

I'd gladly pre-order If the tiers have something I want I might even give extra for my copy.

When the game hits steam I'd probably purchase a few copies for friends.

19. Elvis

Elvis Astral Cartographer

[​IMG]

I'll also shell out 500 bucks if you make the games theme song "Nothing but a good time" by Poison. :3

20. mrmcmo

mrmcmo Pangalactic Porcupine

This is very satisfactory. Me likey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.