1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Your Feedback on a preorder

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corpsie

Corpsie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I believe the phrase is "shut up and take my money"

I would have been happy to do this for alpha access, even knowing that I'd have to wade through and report tedious bugs that the dev team didn't want to see in the wild. Even if you don't get past beta it's still worth sacrificing a few beers.

2. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

You don't know what happen to sim city? Where did they have accident when pre-order? No????Come on they said that they are trying update or fix a glitch that keep on going and going and have to cut down prices and return some thous money to customer or something like that. I am trying find my linking page but they show it on youtube some sort.

3. DevonDe

DevonDe Big Damn Hero

What's your original language?

4. Scarysnake

Scarysnake Subatomic Cosmonaut

If there's some sort of kick starter thing I think we should be able to get a physical copy, maybe even signed by the developers.

5. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

why you ask that? I only say simple trying not prevent accident happening to the games. Even its downloadable, I am just saying few odd meaning by what I write, if you don't know about original "bread and cheese". You want me crack it down bit more? I am second guessing yea, I am saying (trying not to changing meaning originally) I just want let developer notices other company who had screwed up during in the past, try not end up mistake they had before, so try do your best to not make too much mistakes occurs times goes by.

Anyway sorry I side track your answer, its "ENGLISH MF! DO YOU SPEAK IT!" sorry I am just doing that small troll dorkish moment if you ask where I lived its in "dead island" :rofl: (over trolling moment and stuck in boarding *sigh*)

6. DevonDe

DevonDe Big Damn Hero

I never got to see Pulp Fiction. Was the movie any good? I use the quote occasionally but I've never seen the movie as a whole.

7. xboy777

xboy777 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That would be a lot of signatures :rofl:

8. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

Huh, is there a thread concerning Tiy's tweet there about a price?

I'll gladly pay 15 bucks to help get things runnin'. That's a pretty fair price.

9. Indeimaus

Indeimaus Seal Broken

I'll gladly pay $15-$30 for the game and/or early access!

(to be honest though, I'd pay as much as the game is no matter what :p)

xboy777 likes this.
  10. Triple0

Triple0 Space Spelunker

HI, I just signed up after watching a few vids on your game and I would love to pre-order this game to help you guys out!

Stay cool!

11. empxa

empxa Seal Broken

I'll preorder.

12. Ph33rSnipa

Ph33rSnipa Void-Bound Voyager

Pre-order? Pfft, I'll buy you guys a goddamn country before I pay the minuscule price of a pre-order. :V

Ellie likes this.
  13. SomaSam

SomaSam Big Damn Hero

As long as this doesn't turn out like Alien. Or Dead Island. Or Duke Nukem Forever...

14. Dust

Dust Giant Laser Beams

I think it's important for the people who are comparing the possible Starbound pre-order to the pre-orders by the big name games to keep motive in mind: case in point Aliens Colonial Marines, purely because that video has been posted at least 3 times on these forums now.

I believe it's fair to say the motives of Tiy and the rest of chucklefish for making this game go beyond making as much money as possible. wheras segas motives, were very clearly all about the money. Unfortunately Chucklefish need more money to continue working on the game full time.

I have never pre-ordered a game up to now, but I will pre-order Starbound (planing on getting 3 copies) if Tiy goes through with making that option available, because I have faith in Chucklefish that their motives are geared a lot more towards making the game great than about making lots and lots of money.

15. Drayden150

Drayden150 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

They probably wouldn't do that because they are an indie development team and if they did make it suck in the final version their reputation would be shattered and no one would buy their games especially because this is about their first game their main game. So basically doing that (like I said) would completely ruin them.

16. Ph33rSnipa

Ph33rSnipa Void-Bound Voyager

How dare you say that?
    Someone ban this dear sir for insulting us in such a way.

Sheesh.

17. Angelofchaos

Angelofchaos Orbital Explorer

I've never preordered a game but I would gladly make an exception for this one !

18. Chaosje

Chaosje Space Hobo

Sooo ... Enough positive comments,
    Why isnt this possible yet? :p

19. ilbasan9605

ilbasan9605 Yeah, You!

I'll preorder it. Also we should be able to preorder it on steam, to make things easier.

20. SomaSam

SomaSam Big Damn Hero

I never said I wasn't going to pre-order it as well. I simply wish to be cautious, because this is the internet. We technically don't know that chucklefish wouldn't screw us over, even though the chances of such things happening are very slim, and I would be surprised if they did. I am just saying that something like it has happened before, and could very well happen again.

I am also puzzled by your reaction. I did not mean any kind of offence by saying that rip offs have happened before, certainly none to warrant the banning of this account. I am only putting in my two cents, which is why this thread exists in the first place.

I do apologize, however, for not reading through this entire forum and realizing that TB's video has already been posted. I will remove it to decrease cluttering of this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.