Your Favorite "Video Game Logic" Part of Stardew Valley

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rmd64, Apr 22, 2016.

1. MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

what if we don't have parents and our ghost grandpa sends us letters and pretends so we don't feel bad

• Omnislash024

Omnislash024 Big Damn Hero

I would have liked to actually have Mom and Dad visit on occasion. Would have been cool.

Also a big complaint of mine: Everyone has a birthday but you.

• Joft

Joft Orbital Explorer

Speaking of odd errands from townsfolk, there is sometimes ones from townspeople asking for random stuff to put on sore body parts. Kent needed a sunfish for his sore legs, and Demetrius asked for quartz for his knee. DEMETRIUS, YOU'RE A MAN OF SCIENCE. YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT CRYSTAL THERAPY IS BOGUS. Also, Harvey complains about a lack of customers. Maybe because townspeople would rather rub fish on their legs than SEE A DOCTOR.

• DaimoMac

DaimoMac Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yeah! I want gifts from people for my birthday. I remember to gt people really nice gifts (seriously, I go onto the wiki and find their loved gifts) I can even put in things I would love to receive. Cookies, cake, 300 units of wheat seeds

laprilla and Aurrelia like this.
          • Aemi

Aemi Starship Captain

"I found you passed out in the forest at 2 in the morning so I dragged your half dead body home for you. I also may have went through your wallet while you slept and took some money. No biggie."

Arlem, laprilla, EltonScone and 6 others like this.
            • Tyrian

Tyrian Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Fixed that for you.

• Aemi

Aemi Starship Captain

LOL YESSS

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

If the bus is out--the only transportation to and from the village--how do you arrive? How does the governor arrive and leave? Baba Yaga's hut running a taxi service in off-hours?

• everfreefire

everfreefire Big Damn Hero

Different bus for arriving. Governor probably has his own car.

• lilly_ampleton

lilly_ampleton Void-Bound Voyager

Oh wow guys. You're killing me. LMAO! This is all too much. I have to stop reading this or I won't be able to concentrate on university stuff ;)
                      What I always wonder is why I can milk my cow and goat but not my sheep. Also why can't I make honey wine? I only noticed that in the game all the animals were supposed to be female, when my male pig Ernesto magically gave birth to a baby pig.

laprilla and farmvillesux like this.
                      • DragonBorn5

DragonBorn5 Great Scott!

he man can have birth to but they will died when the baby wants to get out of his guts:wtf:

• Arqane

Arqane Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You hand a Prismatic Shard to Kent, and he just casually says something like "Oh, my mother used to give me these as a kid". I just spent nearly a year scouring for one of the rarest objects in the land. Who is this mother that is apparently just handing them out to her kids like candy?

• Ambaaargh

Ambaaargh Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Takes 300 wood to make a tiny plank from one part of the beach to the next. Meanwhile Robin can use 300 wood and some stone to craft an entire chicken coop complete with all the bells and whistles. o_O

Arlem, laprilla, EltonScone and 5 others like this.
                            • everfreefire

everfreefire Big Damn Hero

This is why Robin is the carpenter and we're farmers...

Arlem, MDC_madc, laprilla and 10 others like this.
                              • Wildroses

Wildroses Void-Bound Voyager

The Witch came and cursed one of the eggs in my second coop this evening. While I am thrilled to have my first void egg, I cannot help but notice that all my chickens and ducks are in my first coop, and I don't own dinosaurs. So one of my four rabbits must have lain an egg. Wow, the witch is more powerful than I thought.

Arlem, laprilla, EltonScone and 8 others like this.
                                • DragonBorn5

DragonBorn5 Great Scott!

she doesn't transform a egg she places one:geek:

• rneira

rneira Big Damn Hero

The fact that no houses have bathrooms...And Elliott's cabin doesn't have a kitchen. And Penny's trailer only has one bedroom, where does Pam sleep? Also, the fact that all the books are buried, for some reason.

laprilla, Gramstaal, Wolfride and 3 others like this.
                                    • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

The fairy flew through one night...and blessed a dead plant.

Three times. I suppose it is now a +3 dead plant.

Arlem, laprilla, Gramstaal and 5 others like this.
                                      • Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Well, this might not really be video game logic. I think it's implied that Pam sleeps on the bench inside

laprilla and farmvillesux like this.
                                        • Arqane

Arqane Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Even as brand new friends the villagers don't mind you walking into their room, waking them up, and handing them a coconut or frozen tear while they're in bed. In fact, they love it.

Arlem, laprilla, EltonScone and 8 others like this.