Your Favorite "Video Game Logic" Part of Stardew Valley

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rmd64, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Pangaearocks

Pangaearocks Big Damn Hero

Mayonnaise is inedible.
    -It's quite tasty actually.

Rabbits cannot reproduce.
    -Would have been good news for Australia!

Dark_Yehn likes this.
    • Dokka

Dokka Tentacle Wrangler

Golden farming tools are stronger than iron farming tools.

Sprinklers don't freeze in the winter.

Family/friends of a divorced spouse are still best of friends with you and never mention the divorce.

• Sventex

Sventex Pangalactic Porcupine

Favorite: The idea that Mayor Lewis has to sell everything I put in the bin. I can only imagine it takes him the entire night to find buyers for all the weird stuff I put in the bin. I picture my head that Lewis has to drive down to the city, find a buyers for the 2 fresh eggs, the jars of pickled tomatoes, petrified slime, bottles of hot pepper wine, ancient fruit jelly, that used chewing stick I found on the ground, 100 cups of coffee, 3 snails and that chunk of seaweed. That should take him till the crack of dawn so that he's never allowed to sleep and instead curses my very existence.

Least Favorite: Brewing Coffee. For some reason, the coffee plants don't produce berries, they grow roasted coffee. Then I gotta spend time filling up barrels of coffee beans to brew fresh coffee, so that it can be sold stale with a cup that appears from no-where. Not only that, the game does not track the sale of coffee which is sad and the mechanic of having to fill up kegs several times a day is such a pain. I wish the game would implement a roaster building I can just shove all the berries into, and I would just sell sacks of roasted beans for a premium, rather then actual cups of coffee via the kegs. It's so micromanagement heavy, it stresses me out, and having worked at a Starbucks, I know the very idea of selling hours-old brewed coffee makes it taste horrible.

plattym3 likes this.
        • jackie1776

jackie1776 Space Hobo

IRL, eight community events per year in a rural community isn't that far-fetched. They also aren't actually that expensive to put on when you're using volunteer labor, ingredients donated by local farmers, ranchers, and hunters, and other supplies donated by local businesses.

I spent five years living in a literal one-stoplight town with more cows than people. Every year there were two major fundraising carnivals/auctions for the fire and rescue squad, multiple concerts at the winery, church events for most holidays, a fireworks show at the lake, various award dinners for local volunteer leaders, etc. Our population of ~1,500 was a bit larger than Pelican Town's population of ~25, but I think the latter is just the game simplifying things by only showing us the notable locals we'd have reason to interact with. There must be a couple hundred other valley residents engaged in the farming, logging, mining, and fishing industries or working for JoJoMart, or treating it as a bedroom community and commuting to the city for work.

Honoria321 and davoker like this.
          • Hakuna Matata

Hakuna Matata Big Damn Hero

Once the boulder is removed and you get access to the mines, you get the cutscene with Marlon...

- He looks quite surprised about the entrance to a mine that was literally next door to him. The boulder was blocking the bridge, not the mine entrance.

- How did he survive being absolutely separate from the rest of the town for at least -we really don't know how long before you arrive to Pelican Town it actually happened- 5 days?

The earthquake opens the path to the train station...

- How were the station and the bath house built if no one was able to access it before the earthquake?

- No one shows the tiniest surprise and just starts bathing in a place that hasn't been cleaned in -again- at least a year and a season.

• Erick648

Erick648 Pangalactic Porcupine

The local government doesn't provide police, firefighters, etc., or even repair their own bus and community center...but does host 9 festivals a year, and the mayor personally acts as a deliveryman.

For that matter, there's no school anywhere in town, so school is held at the local museum, which apparently exists in a town that's too small to have a school.

• AdamGotStardrop

AdamGotStardrop Void-Bound Voyager

NO. BATHROOM. ANYWHERE.

I mean CA could just add a static door labelled bathroom or something and it will fix it.
                No need to add an actual bathroom tiles to npc houses. Who wants to snoop on someone else bathroom anyway?

Stryder87 likes this.
                • Dokka

Dokka Tentacle Wrangler

Oh I snoop everywhere ;)

AdamGotStardrop likes this.
                  • One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

When you get a letter from Lewis telling you that for this year's Feast of the Winter Star your secret gift is for …… Lewis

Then when you give him the gift, he acts all surprised

musical74 likes this.
                    • musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

No one has any problems with a brand-new farmer gifting immediately.

"Hi Haley I met you briefly yesterday, here's a daffodil because I heard you like them"

Haley: OMG I love this, never mind that I don't really know who you are!"

• Astrid Speckles

Astrid Speckles Subatomic Cosmonaut

2:00am?
                        About to pass out?

Not on my watch!
                        *Clicks journal*

-Negates faint for the next 10 minutes-

Onwards!

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

Hey, this is farm life. Lots of bushes everywhere!! :giggle:
                          Besides... you can always trek up to the Spa. There are bathrooms there. Just hope you're not having an emergency.:wot:

Reneeisxena likes this.
                          • Reneeisxena

Reneeisxena Big Damn Hero

I've noticed on my most recent farm that when I bought some pigs some of them were male. First time I saw that I thought I had been mistaken but sure enough I bought another pig and Marnie said him. So, at least we have an answer to where the baby pigs come from LOL.