You know you play too much SDV when...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stryder87, May 12, 2017.

1. musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

(Hoping it's OK to revive this...10 months is OK right?)

You wonder why everyone is looking at you funny when you are searching through trash cans on the chance that you can score a completely edible chocolate cake or get a bunch of cookies that taste delicious...

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Gabe: You aren't going to believe what happened to me today. I found a cake.
      Tycho: You can't just find cake. Cake isn't naturally occurring.

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

4th of July parade (the town I live in has a parade that goes from one town to the next town, maybe 2 miles away), and here's my thought pattern:

I wonder how Lewis would handle a celebration like this? Would Gus offer free food? Who would handle the fireworks?

I'm aware the Stardew Valley fair is kind of similar, but still...

• tangeriney

tangeriney Subatomic Cosmonaut

You see furniture in a store and think about how you can make pixel art of it for Stardew Valley...

Darkcedars and Stryder87 like this.
          • musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

You are chopping a bunch of trees down at 11:30 at night and wonder why the police show up to tell you "you have to knock it off" (given that there are times late at night I'll chop trees down in SV)

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

When you head down to the beach for some seashells and sticks to create a dead nature display

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

I was looking at the weather forecast the other day and it said probable thunder storms. My first thought was "Good! I need some batteries to build Crystalariums!" :rolleyes:

This stuff never gets old! :rofl:

Darkcedars likes this.
                • Erick648

Erick648 Pangalactic Porcupine

You are chopping down a bunch of trees on public property and wonder why the police are angry at you.

Darkcedars likes this.
                  • JazeQ

JazeQ Star Wrangler

you actually start to plant and wonder why this darn turnips still not ready after the 4th day :catrage:

• Grimmturd

Grimmturd Cosmic Narwhal

You dream up awesome strategies to more efficiently operate on your farm when you next log in..

..wake up and realize most of those features are non-existent in the game.

I dreamed of a time when I was harvesting crops in the morning and accidentally yanked out my only Fairy Rose, making all the honey for the rest of the season wild. I cursed myself for not toggling the "harvest only non-flower crops" function.:catconfused:

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

You happily fill your watering can with salt water and are utterly baffled on why your flowers don't like it at all

Erick648 likes this.
                        • Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

I fill my watering can with water and epsom salts. My plants love it! :)

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

Might have to try that. Keep in mind I was thinking "salt water from the ocean" though Bit different than regular water and Epsom salts:p

Another way to know you have been playing too much: You are disappointed when friends aren't giving you random gifts like eels and bombs in the mail, and you have some big important thing to do (study for a test, prep for a big presentation, whatever) but you put it off because of "just one more day, that won't matter right?"

• Erick648

Relatedly, you know you play too much Stardew Valley when you try to send a friend a bomb in the mail...

BentFX likes this.
                              • Lorekeeper of Wyverns

Lorekeeper of Wyverns Void-Bound Voyager

You know you play too much Stardew Valley when you start considering how to recreate the recipes in game in real life.

(True story here. I'm kind of considering making it a challenge for myself to cook every recipe ingame and in real life. I mean, I'm not too good at improvising, so I'd probably look up recipes for a lot of them... but hey, it'd still be a good challenge, right?)

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

You know you play too much Stardew Valley, when you use all of your energy, just to get the axe up and chop a tree, and wonder why it was so easy at home

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

I'll just leave this here for your perusal: http://stardewvalleyrecipes.tumblr.com/

Personally made several of them myself!

• Lorekeeper of Wyverns

Lorekeeper of Wyverns Void-Bound Voyager

This should be really helpful, thanks! Will have to check it out later. Saves me from trying to improvise, at least.

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

A bizarre way to know you play too much, but...

You DON'T play it for a few days and feel totally guilty about it.

• Erick648

You should try playing Animal Crossing...

You know you play too much Stardew Valley when you make a habit of watching three different TV programs as part of your morning routine, and are surprised when you wind up late for work because you didn't expect watching TV to take any time.