1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated XS Corporation Mechs 1.05

Adds more mech tech!

1. Mystia Lorelei

Mystia Lorelei Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Same Tshinzon that made the UT2004 XS vehicles, right? Never stopped making giant stompy robots and death raining vehicles, huh?

Totally downloading this.

2. TShinzon

TShinzon Subatomic Cosmonaut

Amazed someone noticed haha. Awesome!

Coming in the next update:
    - Constant energy drain on mechs is now reduced. Instead, you drain energy mainly by using weapons/features. So you can actually use a mech above your tier but energy will empty very quickly.
    - T10 version of the Sigma, slight cosmetic differences. Longer hover time.
    - New, larger mech. Still working on features, hopefully will make release!

[​IMG]

Elite Sigma

Comito, GilNen, Xentonic and 3 others like this.
  3. jura7

jura7 Aquatic Astronaut

4. Xentonic

Xentonic Subatomic Cosmonaut

New Mech :O YEsssssssss

5. naithaan

naithaan Zero Gravity Genie

Awesome cant wait :D

6. TShinzon

Coming soon: Large-mech-with-a-railgun!

[​IMG]

Some reflections now that this is nearly set:

Big mechs are hard! This is nearly double the height of the standard human mech, and a little bit wider.

In my original design concept, this mech was going to be very maneuverable with its torso jumpjets. When I first got the art in-game I found that for such a big mech, its movement was very floaty and unsatisfying! Instead I decided to go for reduced maneuverability to make the mech actually seem heavy and bulky. There were a few things I did to this end:
    - Increased mass so the mech falls more quickly and forcefully
    - Increased friction so that the mech doesn't slide around
    - A "reaction" that temporarily immobilizes the mech and plays an animation when landing at medium to high speed
    - A jump mechanism that is difficult to spam

I haven't found a graceful way to make large mechs not look like they're floating on uneven terrain. I suspect something might be possible by dynamically altering the collision poly and keeping track of each step instead of playing an animation loop, but that is probably a pipe dream.

I also still haven't found a way to apply armor or other status effects like oxygen breathing in tech. Hopefully Chucklefish will make/allow/reveal a way in the future!

Comito, GilNen, Kharn and 3 others like this.
  7. jura7

jura7 Aquatic Astronaut

Wow i lost my jaw when i saw it! Great work!

8. Mystia Lorelei

Mystia Lorelei Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh man, that is absolutely amazing.

9. TheHourMan

TheHourMan Big Damn Hero

Woo hew. I had an idea for a quadripedal leopard-like mech that would be highly agile and a melee fighter, but am not skilled enough at that yet. Just shooting the idea your way!

10. paledirewolf

paledirewolf Aquatic Astronaut

0_0 The Theta mech....*puts on sunglasses* *takes off sunglasses* Mother of God. Seriously though, that thing looks frikin insane. Can't wait to stomp around in that.

11. TShinzon

TShinzon updated XS Corporation Mechs with a new update entry:

Update 1.01 - New mechs!

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. TenaciousTinkerer

TenaciousTinkerer Cosmic Narwhal

Saw a giant mech, now downloading, seriously that thing is AWESOME

Also i quite like the style of mech chassis you decided to use for these things, really cool even though its limited in detail by the sprite scale.

13. SubliminalKitteh

SubliminalKitteh Space Spelunker

Noob question when you state to delete the tech from previous versions, does that just imply the folder from the mods folder, or do i need to eliminate it from my player data? or is it alright if I just make sure the tech isn't in my four slots?

14. TShinzon

Hmm I should have clarified that. It is enough to remove the tech from all your characters' 4 tech slots. I do not think it will be an issue with the v.1.00 of this mod since that tech is not heavily modified, but for the future this is the safest way to install.

Thanks for posting!

15. SubliminalKitteh

thanks a bunch, this new update is EXTREMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

TShinzon likes this.
  16. SubliminalKitteh

Dear lord a Tier 10 USCM prison planet was annihilated moments ago...

17. ropefish

ropefish Subatomic Cosmonaut

yep, that made me have an orgasm

18. SubliminalKitteh

Smallest qualm EVER. but the THETA is a lot more limited in movement than it should, the basic and SIgma can walk over 3 block heights, but the THETA can't? also the THETA can't pick up blocks or other drops like the other mechs, but it still seems to be able to be poisoned...

19. TShinzon

Good point!

I feel that the smaller mechs can climb too easily, whereas the Theta has too much trouble. So I've made the following modifications, to be released with the next update:
    - Smaller mechs can climb 2-high blocks but no longer 3
    - Theta can now climb 3-high blocks but not 4

20. naithaan

naithaan Zero Gravity Genie

Hey,

Can you put another download link somewhere other then nexus, they always give me server problems when downloading

As always stay classy