1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Digital Xcom Legacy comic (ongoing)

Discussion in 'Art' started by thebritwriter, Feb 11, 2016.

1. thebritwriter

thebritwriter Void-Bound Voyager

New page, with a new development as always.

[​IMG]

Also started useing tapias (should try to add an orignal comic at some point on that site)

Grifs likes this.
  2. Grifs

Grifs Void-Bound Voyager

Great read! I think that's pretty much what Advent would do behind the scenes to control people, and how hoomans in turn would struggle under totalitarian rule without the bravado and guns.

Nothing will change how good advent burgers are though.

3. thebritwriter

Less meld, more taste. I believe is their new tagline.

It's been an interesting development for me while working on it, some bits I could adapt easier then others given I try to leave it open for adaptions with some similar to what I had in mind to begin with and giving an excuse to do own world building. (I had in mind a character similar to Mox because I suspected Firaxis would like to show the other perspective given story and gameplay potential as well as concept image of seeing one locked up by the elders) Some elements that I learned were in the game i took advantage of.

Of course there are differences, such as what brings bradford back to the fray and other aspects, but I wanted to start with the Civ pov because the book has it starting from the military/xcom perspective as does the game and well the comics. I always a take a slow burn to things.

Of course i do have some help from Amanda burns who carried on with inital design I made for a "memorial" section that won't be in as much due to time constraints.

https://www.deviantart.com/thebritwriter/art/Xcom-legacy-ADVENT-memorial-791741992

4. thebritwriter

Here's a new update:
    [​IMG]

Grifs likes this.
  5. thebritwriter

Feels like a lifetime ago but I been involved in some commissions and work relating to my main job so here are the recent pages i opted to upload in one go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. thebritwriter

7. thebritwriter

8. thebritwriter

9. thebritwriter

10. thebritwriter

New page:
    [​IMG]

DA link: https://www.deviantart.com/thebritwriter/art/Xcom-Legacy-C3-Pg22-817096166

This was more tricky to do in some ways, one was envisioning the layout of the train, given as this is a long story there have been other moments in time period, chapter 2 for example shown a glimpse of 2033 (Qaint's perspective) here is a echo of the past that in time will paint a larger picture. It was one of the reasons kelly was picked as a character in this.

The first frame also shows the intended layout heriarchy of the 'vip' (or value in partnership) structure. Red bing regional lead, guy behind is head of science and while the one at back is effectively a similar position to Tygen. Only they have universal uniforms, the other two have a colour pattern suited to their own region. (In this case western europe)

This was more tricky to do in some ways, one was envisioning the layout of the train, given as this is a long story there have been other moments in time period, chapter 2 for example shown a glimpse of 2033 (Qaint's perspective) here is a echo of the past that in time will paint a larger picture. It was one of the reasons kelly was picked as a character in this.

The first frame also shows the intended layout heriarchy of the 'vip' (or value in partnership) structure. Red bing regional lead, guy behind is head of science and while the one at back is effectively a similar position to Tygen. Only they have universal uniforms, the other two have a colour pattern suited to their own region. (In this case western europe)

Also related was a war memorial design I co-worked with Amanda Burn providing sketch and let her did the rest, there's no guarntee this scene will be included but was an idea i looked at in how Advent would setup 'war memorials' to remember the victims killed by the old world, xcom being responsible. of course.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

https://www.deviantart.com/thebritwriter/art/Xcom-legacy-ADVENT-memorial-791741992

Tyle and Daikon Ocelot like this.
  11. thebritwriter

Daikon Ocelot likes this.
  12. thebritwriter

New page to add, also to remark I'm a few pages away of finishing the chapter, I'll go into more when I hit that point.

[​IMG]

13. thebritwriter

14. thebritwriter

15. thebritwriter

[​IMG]

It was going to run a bit longer but I had to change plans a little as I'll be busy travelling for stuff etc, so i rather conclude what I done so far and have time to think afresh when back.

Other then that merry christamas! (or happy ADVENT)

16. thebritwriter

Here we are with the 4th chapter, apologies for slow updates but content is taking longer due to complexity of the story.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. thebritwriter

18. thebritwriter

19. thebritwriter

20. thebritwriter