RELEASED WONDERFUL FARM LIFE. [SMAPI] version updated 7/2, now with grandpa's memorial! MAKE YOUR FARM SICK!

Discussion in 'Mods' started by taintedwheat, May 23, 2016.

1. Hitgirl911

Hitgirl911 Pangalactic Porcupine

Hello again!

I tested out the latest file you sent out and both are good (I hope you don't mind :rofl: I was curious and decided to check it out.) I couldn't tell the difference between the two but I found something.

In Vii's version of the farm I could get near the swing and even stand on it (which made me feel like my character was on it and it was a really nice touch <3) but in the original farm I couldn't get near it.

Vii Farm 2.JPG Original farm.JPG (Vii's farm is where my character is wearing all white and the original farm has my character having a red shirt.)

For both farms I noticed the following but they are not game breaking or anything just small stuff that sorta bothers me :rofl::

1. That seeds were being planted on the bridge which I found that it was odd since I don't think a tree could grow on stone alone :rofl:

Seed on the brigde.JPG

2. The boxes and the barrels are overlapping in a way that is a bit jarring. Maybe move the barrel a bit to be next to the boxes instead. (sorry if I couldn't do it myself D: I'm not familiar with how to mod maps at the moment :( )

Overlapping.JPG

Overall, the maps are great but I'm sorta leaning near Vii's version due to the swing hahaha. I have a little request though. I would also like to be able to stand on the swing near the telescope, that way I could just imagine that my character is sitting there and overlooking the farm hahaha :rofl:

Still I really am happy to see this mod getting improvements <3 I can't wait for it to be done :D

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Actually, it can i mean, it does in the greenhouse trees on stone, hmm but still weird.

2. I created it like that in photoshop and i really dont want to change for the sole fact (or at least right now/time being ) i would have to that on four sheets, reapplied on tide and its just going to make the smapi version longer to come out. And because like even though I don't code, I have a laundry list of stuff I'm trying to help out with/do. Like, i'm kinda spent, I deal with chronic health shit and i kinda dont feel well lately [idk finals or, stuff related to conditions] so i'm of discouraged to be pendantic enough to deal with all the steps. I'm sorry.

Prior to that it was the opposite direction, but it was reversed to modularize the patio better by sheetcake and im ok with it

Thats great that vii's kept everything and added the seat, thanks for testing both of them.

Vii- could make the swing sitable and the chair by the umbrella if it isnt already?

Last edited: May 30, 2016
      • Hitgirl911

Oh well :rofl: Just a minor thing hahaha. I probably take a advantage of that and grow trees on the side to achieve a forest bridge look in the future.

Ah okay, I don't mind. it just seemed a bit odd that they overlap. It's nothing major though and quite easy to ignore :) Just something a bit noticeable if you stare at it long enough but I can live with it.

No problem, sorry if I bothered you.

• taintedwheat

You didnt bother me! Please dont say that! I didnt mean for what I said to be a deterrent, just letting you know where i'm coming from, haha. Seriously, its nothing personal. I am an asshole mostly out of health, comediac self-deperication, catharsis and if i sound that way its related to that. Honestly thats all that is, idk i dont want to talk about it on here, this place isnt my soapbox.

I am really sorry if you thought otherwise. This makes me sad.

• Hitgirl911

Ah! I didn't mean it in a bad way though. Sorry if I made you sad. I understand where your coming from and I'm actually quite happy to see that your responding to me hahaha. I just hope I'm not pressuring you or anything :rofl:. Making mods should be a fun thing after all.

I can live with the stuff I mentioned :) They're not game breaking and it's really hard to notice unless your are looking at it really well anyways :D

So I can safely assume that the SMAPI version is around the corner then? I mean judging from your other post. (I'm really excited to see the SMAPI mod and the final map, This is a really great mod and right now I'm actually contemplating of demolishing my entire farm just to recreate to fit the mod since I have odd things sticking out in odd places :rofl:)

taintedwheat likes this.
            • Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

I have the farmstand and the patio bit finished, but its a slow process and I was angry at something yesterday so took a break ^_^ Its coming though, I hope to make some more progress today as its a Holiday and I have time to mess around ^_^

taintedwheat likes this.
              • viiinfinite

viiinfinite Void-Bound Voyager

The chair by the umbrella was already sittable before I started poking at the map, but I'm sure I added the bench swing -- I'd done that before I added the swing near the picnic area, actually, although not as much of it can be "sat" on because of the way it's separated on the tilesheet itself. And basically the only other changes I made were all little things like clipping when you stand in front of the shipping bin and not being able to cross behind the grill after tinkering with the radio (I'm lazy enough for this to matter to me).

I'm gonna sound silly asking this because my understanding of the properties is really poor, but if Dirt and Wood are both Types that tiles can be... err, set to, is it safe to infer that maybe something other than dirt (is Stone an option?) would prevent that bridge's tiles from growing stuff?

Edit: here's a gif from one of my previous posts showing that the bench swing is at least somewhat sittable. :p
                edit_03_after.gif
                Edit #2 (man do I edit my posts a lot, sorry!): oh, how did I overlook that NoSpawn property. Maybe that would work for the bridge?

Last edited: May 30, 2016
                  taintedwheat likes this.
                • AfrokingJ

AfrokingJ Pangalactic Porcupine

Probably should actually read this but does your map get rid of the annoying features that the other map with multiple caves leading all over does. Don't get me wrong i can do without the caves on my farm leading to the mountains, the desert, the beach, etc. But I really like not havng that giant ass lake near my front gate and having it behind the outgoing chest instead. Gives me more land space to work with.

• taintedwheat

I think jinxie is trying to get the smapi version to work with any farm.xnb map and our assets are going to be overlays. Right now the xnb version

has the pond in the south still, sorries D: (but there's a romantic picnic area there next to it with a bridge right next to it)

i always edit my posts like three hundred times, and oooh that can work o:

• AfrokingJ

Well..... I do need to start a new game anyway to test my big mod. [editing every single event and character's dialogue is alot of work . Who Knew?] Might as well start a new farm and I can make do with a lake to the south. Maybe i'll do like i usually do and plant blueberries and strawberries near it so it's fruit water. [just uh... don't drink it there's alot of trash in it.

Hmmm would it be better to grow fruit near my well so it can flavor the water if it falls in? Well water is supposed to be more sanitary i think But then what happens if someone falls in they wouldn't necessarily starve with fruit falling in.... going to have to give it some thought.

As well as figuring out if I want Horror mods so much why i am putting so much effort into mine heh.

• KittyCas

KittyCas Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi, I really love this mod but I'm having problems with just one thing, I downloaded the MoveShippingContainer mod & I've edited the config file with what was provided but the bin lid is still appearing. Am I doing something wrong?

edit: Also, I'm using Vii's version now but even when I used the original I was still having the same problem.

• AfrokingJ

Hmm there wasn't a tile sheet in the front page folder just a maps and a content folder and a content folder that didnt overwrite anything when installed hmm... hmmm

• taintedwheat

Sorry, I really should of updated that, god I suck, but this is what you want to edit the config to:
                            Code:
                            {
                              "xPositionOnMapOfNewShippingOption": 74,
                              "yPositionOnMapOfNewShippingOption": 15,
                              "FarmMapAlreadyChangesShippingBinLid": true,
                              "FarmMapAlreadyChangesShippingBinBottom": true
                            }

Im super super super sorry. I just wanted to make sure if everthing went good on the testing front first before updating the op.

Can you please let me know how this works?

lol that would be cool flavored water n.n

that's cool could you help me with my dialouge like you did helping sheetcake?
                            yeah i have to start a new game myself eventually xD

okays, here's the updated file again, the file in content folder take it out of there and put it in just stardewvalley/content itself

again, i need like a consensus/the ok on which of the two maps is best (vii's probably, but i want to make sure forsure forsure, vii's or mine (i really don't feel like opening up again in tide again thats why)

• AfrokingJ

You ever need any writing i have *checks schedule* 365 days a year free and from eh noonish to 1 am of consciousness to work. So more then happy to do writing or share with you the event guide.

Also.. so it's all in the XNB files no need for tilesheets?

taintedwheat likes this.
                              • KittyCas

KittyCas Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yay it works :up: Thank you so much! & no need to apologize, you don't suck either. You & jinxie did did an amazing job making this but everything can't be perfect right away so keep up the great work & thanks again! :)

Sidenote: Will you also be releasing your version of Madeline's farmhouse? I'm really loving the outside & that interior especially. <3

taintedwheat likes this.
                                • taintedwheat

That's really helpful, I do have an idea of what direction I am going into, but I haven't actually gotten as far as sheetcake has in actually excuting it
                                  Sweet! Cool, I really should update the op then now.

And yeah of course!

Lol I thought everyone's going smaller on their houses and I thought I was the only one left keeping the normal look xD

I plan to do this to like the other colors too, doin blue one for jinx when i get to it n.n

Attached Files:

KittyCas likes this.
                                  • taintedwheat

@Afro - yeah no need for the tilesheets, the smapi version will do something sort of like that where it directly uses the tilesheets via png, as it will be added as png extended onto the seasonal_outdoors tilesheets but everything is in the xnb's

(all the seasonal stuff is in whatever season_festival it its in, spring_festivals also has to go into content for the custom tiles to show up each season in-game)

• AfrokingJ

Ok good then it's back to transcribing Life is Strange scenes for one of Eliot's possible novels.

• viiinfinite

viiinfinite Void-Bound Voyager

So it just seems like the Type affects the sound that plays, and I think NoSpawn prevents the game from spawning stuff there itself (I haven't seen anything spawn down there personally) although it doesn't stop a player-dropped acorn from growing. Does the spouse ever go as far down as the bridge? Making it a passable building might work.

Looking forward to the SMAPI version, whenever that might be. You both do such amazing stuff<3

Edit: I think Type also affects whether dust particles are shown and a tile can be tilled... Probably other things that aren't immediately obvious/are going right over my head too. ~_~;

Last edited: May 31, 2016
                                          taintedwheat likes this.
                                        • WARRI0R

WARRI0R Guest

My house got vacuumed into space when i was sleeping