Dev Blog Witchmarsh Daily Update #65

Discussion in 'Developer Updates' started by Flapdoddle, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Flapdoddle

Flapdoddle Witchmarsh Developer

Hello everyone!

Sorry for going quiet there. It's been a difficult couple of weeks as I've been moving from Sweden back to the UK once more. A time consuming process, further complicated by taking the long way back, mostly for the sake of one of the four-legged Inglenook mascots (who dislikes flying).

We're looking forward to getting things back on track - especially now that more of the team are in one place.

This month is also the final month set aside for plot outlining. This means that by July 1st I should have the entire second half of the plot sealed down and ready to write in drafts, before converting into in-game .GML files. Not a small task, since there are over 300 A4 pages of notes made since 2014.

Today's progress:
    - Re-familiarised myself with the various plot documents, dialogue files, scripts, etc.
    - Locked down some character plans and story arcs.
    - Re-read and updated the 300+ pages of plot notes made since the project began.
    - 2 new dialogue scenes drafted.

Thanks for reading,

Lou

Tsuruda likes this.
    • Tsuruda

Tsuruda Title Not Found

This will likely take a long while. Sincerely a little bummed out since it is not likely that we'll be able to play this game in the near future as I'd hope.

Still hyped though, because there seems to be a ton of content o.o
      Speaking of wich... how big did you aim for the scope of this game, between side-quests and mains story? About "Baldur's Gate" big? Do you think maybe you overreached?

Not judging or anything, just really curious. I really like the topic of game development xD

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
        Flapdoddle likes this.
      • Flapdoddle

Flapdoddle Witchmarsh Developer

I'd say the scale is more similar to say, a Shadowrun game or Torchlight, only with a less linear story and more content packed in. Still though, it's a colossal undertaking for a handful of developers. But we're determined to get it finished, and what's more, for the quality to be right.

Tsuruda likes this.