1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED WIP: The Viera of Ivalice 0.3.2

The Viera of Ivalice have fled to the stars

1. Valkeir

Valkeir Void-Bound Voyager

I've been busy recently but I'd actually suggest looking at FF XII: Revenant Wings, the Galbana and some of the aesthetics from that game would fit the Viera pretty well. Plus the Galbana is another example of an Airship.

EDIT: Bonus point, Revenant Wings also includes a couple of examples of Viera children and teenagers.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    AmazonValkyrie likes this.
  2. Milly Rainbowskittlez

Milly Rainbowskittlez Cosmic Narwhal

Oh totally! I think out of all the FF games too, IX captured my attention the most when it came to the fantastically diverse world. There was always something new and fantastic just around the corner, from the characters, to the planets designs, to the missions, and even the lore, cities, and peoples that lived within them.

I actually cant remember, its been far too long since ive played the older games~ May have to get a good ol rom back out and fix that -giggles-
    As for weapons, i think there are plenty of ideas for use in the ff universe.. though i dont recall ever really seeing them in action. (i never finished 12 so...) But i bet that if the Viera had a chance to make something like that, itd be based off The Wood, but modified to be outfited on the ship. I think that would give the ship some interesting accents to its look, much like how the Floran's does.. Though perhaps even better since.. the floran just copypasta'd bits and pieces to their ship and called it good =w=

Oh? O: Tieing it into the bridge? O: Thatd be pretty nifty and very original too. Cuts out the need for a teleporter room all together! I think itd be best put into the floor in this case too~ Maybe kinda like in a concave glass viewport thats in the floor? :D

Definitely do it! I mean, as my great grandfather used to say, 'if youre not gonna do it all the way, why bother?" or.. something like thatX3

3. Tosskow

Tosskow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Man, I just fall in love with this mod, so much detais and beautful mobile and blocks, not to mention the fluf ears and cute npcs.
    I know nothing about the viera race (origins, custons and buildings), but I wish to share my "house" so far. Since they ar rabit like, I thought they live in "holes" (underground in the majorit), so I escavate half a montain (I still will build the other half) and build the basics.
    Just anexed 2 imagens, and if possible, can you guys share your toughts?
    Entrada.jpg

Interior.jpg

I probably forget some vanila itens here and there during the building, but this is mainly viera itens.
    Its not important, but I realy gathered all this matherial and stuf with fraquin univerde mod and without cheat (almost :p)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  4. AmazonValkyrie

AmazonValkyrie Spaceman Spiff

Looks awesome!! It's so lovely to see what you all have built with the mod! Great job!

5. AmazonValkyrie

It's a good thing I snagged a copy of Revenant Wings a year ago! Thanks for the suggestions!!

6. AmazonValkyrie

I'm going to be posting a bug fix for several known issues. I'm listing below what those are, but if you all know of any others beyond what's listed here, please let me know asap!

Fixed Bugs coming in today's update:
    - biome.patch name fix (affected magicite spawn)
    -crystallight1 conflict with Kazdra mod. This was causing some problems for those who use both Viera and Kazdra. Object name was changed to prevent the issue
    -Salve Maker and Casual clothing set dye corrections. I didn't list a default color in the color options for these and because of that if you tried to dye them, it would use the next color string, as opposed to the one selected.
    -Inability to craft refined Magicite crystal. This one slipped by while I was testing in admin mode, but it was preventing people from being able to craft refined Magicite. I had neglected before to add the material to the player.config.patch

You'll also find a new captain's chair (not the final one, as there isn't enough space to accomodate currently) and the fuel station which will now accept magicite ore and refined magicite as fuel! At the moment I'm testing these new objects to ensure they don't cause crashes to previous characters, however it may require a shipworld reset. Keep in mind that magicite ore will provide less fuel than the refined Magicite. I felt this as a good choice to convey the idea that refined Magicite crystal is magicite in it's condensed, most energy efficient form.

EDIT: WARNING: Before updating to this upcoming version, it's imperative that you destroy any "crystal lights" you may have placed, as their object name has changed. If you do not, it may cause a crash at first. In my testing it crashed initially, then when I reloaded the game my file would load but the crystal lights placed were simply gone. I don't want it to cause any major problems for anyone so that's why I'm telling everyone now. If anyone is unfamiliar with this object, it is simply called "crystal light" on the woodworking table, and is the type that converts it's look based on where it's positioned.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    Warboss_Spriggs likes this.
  7. AmazonValkyrie

AmazonValkyrie updated WIP: The Viera of Ivalice with a new update entry:

Fixed some issues, added two new ship objects

Read the rest of this update entry...

8. AmazonValkyrie

So I had also changed the UI for the Viera fuel station but I just found out it's not *only* applying this to the Viera, but to all races. This will either be reversed or fixed very shortly. Sorry for the problem, guys x_x I had really hoped I would have little to no irregularities with this latest version.

9. AmazonValkyrie

10. AmazonValkyrie

11. Guilmonex

Guilmonex Phantasmal Quasar

Good to see you again. However, looks like I need to start a new character for the updates. Or just wait for your full ship upgrade?
    The ship doors disappeared and became invisible walls which locked me inside the cockpit. The tables and end tables which are shortened one block, that makes the missing one block stays there forever.

12. AmazonValkyrie

A ship world reset was fixing things for people, however I do semi-encourage creating a new character. I probably won't be updating any more ship additions/changes until the full ship is completed. Here is some information from my a user on my Steam mod page on how to reset your Viera shipworld:

"If you have the glitched door, moving all your important items (crew and ship size will be the same) somewhere else and then going into \Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\storage\player and moving/deleting your vieras ".SHIPWORLD" file, going back to your ship should create a new one and fix the door. Also delete/move the backup SHIPWORLD files, otherwise it would probably use the most recent one of those."

13. Milly Rainbowskittlez

Milly Rainbowskittlez Cosmic Narwhal

HAAAY I hear theres a new waystone added! BUT NO PICS! D8< I wanna see!

14. AmazonValkyrie

Yeah! lol Sorry I've been neglecting to show pics with my recent updates >_< I've gotta update the mod page with all the new imagery too

15. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

Lol waystone i haven't touch FF12 in a long time. Only people on that one thats fun to have s basch, bathier <3, and fran. the rest of the characters on it arn't fun to play with.

16. sigint

sigint Phantasmal Quasar

I'm just happy to see everything still being diligently worked on, little by little. Update pushed out? Waits, gets feedback. Tweak/Fix implemented, or Workaround Solution provided by either Miss Valkyrie or this amazing community. Then the journey continues.

"It's not the fact that it's a journey. It's not the fact that we're even on one, either. It's the fact that all of you are right here with me, to the end." - Unknown

17. The_Pariah

The_Pariah Master Chief

First of all, I'd just like to thank you for this mod, it's quite frankly amazing. I've always been a huge fan of FFXII, and Ivalice in general.

Now, I don't know if I'm simply being daft, or you removed them and I missed it, but I cannot for the life of me find the starter weapons. I get the lantern, but no sword or crossbow.

So if you could help me with this, that would be greatly appreciated, and thank you, again, for the wonderful mod.

18. AmazonValkyrie

Thank you very much for your compliments ^_^ Much appreciated!

The starter weapons have actually been removed. The imagery on my mod page still needs to be updated, and I'm sorry I didn't list them as removed there. Weaponry and armor will be my focus once again when I complete the Viera ship.

19. The_Pariah

The_Pariah Master Chief

No worries, it really is a fantastic mod. And that's fine, I thought it might be the case, but I just wanted to verify. Thanks again.

20. AmazonValkyrie

I'm very glad to be continuing my work on the Viera and I feel like I'm finally getting them to where I dreamed they would be. Love the quote; It's my sentiments exactly ^_^ I'm glad to be in contact with all of you, and sharing ideas as the journey progresses!