Modding Discussion [WIP - Art needed!] NPC Outfits

Discussion in 'Mods' started by avarisc, Nov 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. avarisc

avarisc Void-Bound Voyager

Hello all!
    I am really good at code. Really not good at art. So I'm hoping that together, we can make some awesome things for everyone to enjoy!

I've been tinkering around with the Farmhand API and have a pretty solid grasp of how to mod most things in the game. One thing I'd like to see is NPCs having more than one outfit.

So, I've come up with a way to hotswap NPC graphics, and can do this based on almost any condition imagineable. It could be for a festival, for a schedule event, for rainy days, based on season, or even just a random pool of outfits where one is selected at random every day. I can combine these conditions.

What I don't have is any cool outfits or the skills to make outfits for these delightful NPCs.

So, to get to the point, if you guys can submit custom/alternative outfits for NPCs, and the condition in which you would like to see them worn, I will add them to the mod! Will release the mod as soon as I can process the first submission.

Now, in order to maintain a certain standard of quality, I will set some guidelines for submissions:
    1.) No nudity. [That can be a separate mod. :p]
    2.) Needs to be a complete set, with all portraits and animation frames for that NPC.
    3.) Needs to maintain the vanilla 'style' of the NPC (should be a different outfit, not an entirely different appearance).
    4.) I reserve the right to decide which outfits are included. I don't expect to have to invoke this rule, but it's here as a precaution for edge cases (like 2000 clown outfits for Leah and nothing else?). I also may 'tweak' the schedule/conditions to better fit or share the schedule between other outfits.

Let's see what we can do!

velverette likes this.
    • Zalkyria

Zalkyria Existential Complex

I have a curious question, would you be able to help someone if they wanted to do this but they have made like custom npcs or pretty much character replacements instead of the vanilla characters?

• Harzelora

Harzelora Phantasmal Quasar

Actually, RTGOAT already coded that. He just needs graphical assets now.
        Here's the thread he made. I'll let you two have the nerdy chat.

Still, it's awesome to see someone interested in having the NPC's clothing change depending on game's circumstances. If this mod is made, it'll had a layer of immersion to Stardew Valley. And I LOVE immersion mods.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
          velverette and Zalkyria like this.