1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Will this game be free?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Needicla, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Needicla

Needicla Space Spelunker

Umm, title says it all.
    I found out about this game from
    dwarf fortress
    It looks very good.

2. JohnDevince

JohnDevince Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No, the game will cost money unless it is stopped short of development then maybe. Even then it would be around 2-3 dollars!
    ~ Thank You!
    John Devince SAFETY TORCH! PUT IT ON THE FRONT PORCH!!!

3. Needicla

Needicla Space Spelunker

It doesn't matter the dollars, I'm not English nor American nor Australian nor anything.
    This really made me get disappointed...

4. JohnDevince

What are you then? And I'm 99.999999999 % it will cost money :D there's alway that .0000000000001 chance it won't!
    ~ Thank You!

5. Needicla

Needicla Space Spelunker

I'm Arabic, and if you're not 100% percent sure, why hasn't this got announced yet? I'm pretty sure people do that before releasing a game.

6. Jaber

Jaber Pangalactic Porcupine

7. Boris

Boris Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It doesnt matter how much it will cost, i will buy it :)
    (it is isn't over 20 $)

8. Needicla

Needicla Space Spelunker

"The price is still TBD, but we want it to be accessible for everyone!" If it will cost money, it will not be accessible for everyone, therefore, nothing will grant this wish unless if it was free.

9. Jaber

Okay, now you're either being stupid or being stupid.

diskincluded likes this.
  10. JohnDevince

woo woo woo! Hold it there mister! They aren't just going to blow money so you can have a free game? Did Minecraft? No! Did it still sell over 5 million copies? Yes!
    ~ Thank You!

11. Needicla

Needicla Space Spelunker

Jaber: Stick to My Little Pony.
    JohnDevince: Yes, they are going to blow money if they want it to be accessible for everyone.

12. JohnDevince

Hey hey hey! No need to pick on the Pony lover. And no. That would be major lose in profit. If you think you know everything go join the dev. team.
    x~ Thank You!
    John Devince SAFETY TORCH! PUT IT ON THE FRONT PORCH!!

13. Jaber

Needicla: Stick to men?

Are we done making immature comments about our avatars now?

diskincluded likes this.
  14. Needicla

Needicla Space Spelunker

JohnDevince: Mhm, you still didn't reply to my declarative sentence. And as a reply to your very similar post: If they want a game to be accessible to everyone, they would accept having major loss in profit.
    Jaber: What does sticking to men have to do with anything I said?
    Jaber: Are you calling me immature when you have some weird thing on your avatar, and watching My Little Pony should really make you silent for now.

15. Bask

Bask Former Staff

I'm sorry Needicia, but this sounds really selfish.
    Do farmers give away their food for free after all their hard work? Of course not.
    Developing games costs money. The developers and artists/writers/musicians need to eat too.

Of course there's a point with not everybody having money, but there's always a way to make money and be able to get it.
    Just as with everything in life, if you want it bad enough you'll be able to get it.
    If there's a will, there's a way.

And tone down the hating please.

16. Jaber

Haha, get a load of this guy.
    If you want to be ignorant I suppose that is your prerogative. I've answered the questiion, so I'm out~

17. Needicla

Needicla Space Spelunker

Bask: Farmers have nothing to do with this, buying food is not like buying games, because the food is in their currency.
    Bask: I wouldn't bother to buy the game if it was in my currency.
    Bask: I have money, but it's not in my currency.
    Bask: No, I will not be able to get it.
    Bask: There's no way.

And because this game's mission is to make it accessible for everyone, you have to do something about this situation, if you changed your FAQ, it's fine with me.

18. Bask

Bask Former Staff

Currency is transferable, you can make a paypal account and use that to pay or a credit card.
    It's not that difficult really.
    But if you wouldn't bother paying for games Starbound obviously isn't for you, just stick to the free games.
    You might want to take a look at Knytt and Knytt stories, it's free and it's a nice and quiet meditative exploration game.

TheEnderman and diskincluded like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.