1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Will there be food?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Fishbertus, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xploding_Cherry

Xploding_Cherry Subatomic Cosmonaut

So like those dried out ice-cream sandwhiches...? That was the first thing that came to mind when I though of "astronaut food". Then I remembered those things you add water to, like you see in the movies.

But, yeah, I would like food somehow included in Starbound. Maybe you could toggle the Hunger Bar between difficulties.

2. -Red-

-Red- Big Damn Hero

Food would be cool given our natural attraction to it as human beings. What would be even better is to have a crafting system around it. We'll call it... "cooking"

3. Doctor Ragnarok

Doctor Ragnarok Former Staff

It's been confirmed that there will be food but there won't be hunger. Food will be used to provide buffs/debuffs to the player. This information can be found in the Q&A sessions that the devs have had and have since been posted publicly. What I'm curious about now is what sort of foods could do what sort of things.

Xploding_Cherry likes this.
  4. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Thanks, Doc! c:

5. -Red-

-Red- Big Damn Hero

Awesome. Now we can start our own intergalactic food chains! Or just throw food at each other in an intergalactic food fight!

6. SagginPT

SagginPT Space Penguin Leader

I would love some 16 bit fried chicken.

7. Cobalt16

Cobalt16 Pangalactic Porcupine

I hope not. It's kind of weird when an intergalactic super warrior with advanced technology would have to halt his conquest for a lunch break. You might as well have a crapping meter.

8. PuppyVolcano

PuppyVolcano Subatomic Cosmonaut

In space, no one can hear you feed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.