Will I have to restart my game?

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Tungsten72, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Tungsten72

Tungsten72 Intergalactic Tourist

Hey guys,
    I've recently gotten back into Starbound and am interested in playing through with the character I've created long term.
    However, I remember at some point in the game's development, you would be forced to restart with a new character whenever a new update came out, if you wanted to experience the new content. Will this ever happen again? Is it likely that subsequent updates will bring content that I'll only be able to experience if I start over with a new character? I'm more interested in the idea of playing through with a single character for the long term, while still being able to experience new update content that will come along the way, instead of having to start the game over and over again.
    Any feedback would be much appreciated :)

2. Kalteas

Kalteas Poptop Tamer

The devs have stated that the wipe when it left beta would be the last, so, barring catastrophe, you're safe.

3. LyricLyricandmoreLyric

LyricLyricandmoreLyric Phantasmal Quasar

even if you can't bring your world to the new update, I'm willing to bet if you back up your player file you'll at least be able to bring your character to the new update